Reviews for Happy Endings
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 8 . 11/25/2012
Again I stumble upon one of your stories and find myself stunned at the end of it.

You create such an incredible atmosphere for Kathryn's downward spiral and paint a truly vivid picture of her losing control, sanity, and her senses. The hullucination of Tuvix provides a dark reminder of her mistakes and tough calls, things that still haunt her even years later. Possibly the most haunting thing about this whole thing is her relationship with Chakotay, and how you create this wonderfully rich layer cake out of it that permeates the entire story.

The ending is enough to crunch any dreamer's heart, but I, though haunted by the implications of the ending, dare to hope for a future that you have left open. There is no immediate happy ending, but there can always be one on the horizon.

CP7
Kerry J chapter 8 . 7/3/2012
God, I almost hate myself for nearly believing Voyager really had come back. I guess hope really does die last. What a sad piece, but so well written I just had to keep going even if it was so very painful to watch Kathryn slowly lose her mind. But then who wouldn't have under those circumstances? Brilliant story - as much as I like happy endings, I do love angst and despair, too. (By the way, I was already welling up at the very first sentence.) I just know this story will haunt me for a while... not the first of yours to do that incidentally... ;-)
Runawaymetaphor chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
I can't believe this is the first time I've left a review of one of your stories, but this piece, like "At Any Cost," still haunts me as it did when I first read it.

No hell is so painful as the one that can exist in our own mind.
badmelk chapter 8 . 3/5/2011
awww i almost tricked my self into believing they were really coming for her in the previous chapter. so sad :( but beautifully written :)
duels.duets chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Great story, why Janeway isn't always written like this I'll never understand. For me Night and Equinox totally illustrate how dark a character she is, and you've nailed that.
FreudFreak chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
This story is bloody brilliant. Never read anything like it, and don't suspect I ever will.
LynnEGib chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
My rose colored glasses are realy straining to believe she will get back
LinZE chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
I love angst. I am an angst bunny. This was increadibly angstfull and therefore I loved it (even without a happy ending).

xLx
Nynaeve506 chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
What a painfully tragic story. No happy ending and utter madness for Kathryn (well..death). So poignant and so very true. I'm rather glad she didn't stay. :)
Nynaeve506 chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
Ooooh okay. So didn't pick that up in ch 5 LOL. Makes more sense :)
Nynaeve506 chapter 5 . 3/2/2011
Engrossed so far but I reread the chapter and for the life of me I have no idea who this is...can you tell me?
MaryFrakkingMcDonnell chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
Damnit! This is horrible! In an amazing way. Poor, poor Janeway. You're breaking my heart here QS!