Reviews for The Wilderness
Namidaga Ochiru chapter 19 . 1/27
Cute... but I hate cliffhangers. :)
ErraticPerfectionist chapter 19 . 8/12/2013
Oh I have enjoyed reading this story so much! I want to read so much more!
compa16 chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Poor unca
Guest chapter 19 . 6/21/2013
I love this so much. I hope you will write some more.
Zihuatanejo chapter 19 . 4/24/2013
Dear Lafiametta, I just wanted to say … I think I have read your story about a dozen times already, but still haven’t grown tired of it. Almost everything about it feels right. The pace. The way you depict Uncas. He seems more a real person in your story than in most others (as much as I like reading them also). Sure, he’s heroic. But also hesitant, just a son trying to do the right thing by his father and not perfect.
Their surviving and living in Cameron’s cabin. I had not encountered that turn yet.
The scene with the fawn. Beautiful.
And then your Alice. Initially, I was so frustrated by her decency, denying her feelings for him. But then I thought, for a girl in that time with that upbringing, being raised to be a proper lady, her feelings for him must have been so confusing. So I think you described that also rather well.
My only point of criticism is the length of your chapters. I’d rather seen them longer. Selfish, yes.

However, you seem to have abandoned the story, which feels as quite loss. I so much would like to find out what happens next. You have a great exit point for a sequel; their cautious reaching out to each other at the end, but not actually having declared their feelings to one another. How will their relationship grow? Where will they live from now on? What about intimacy: we have only seen two kisses. I need more!
And what happens with Chingachgook. Will he keep fighting and damage their fragile bond? Will he be able to give up his distrust in his son’ love interest?
So many questions. It’s like the title of your last chapter.
I beg you, carry on!
Silence Messiah chapter 19 . 4/23/2013
" I really want to find out what happens to them in Cantuckee!"... And I want it too! You've made me an addict, I'll wait faithfully for you to write a sequel ;).
Guest chapter 19 . 4/7/2013
please, please , I really hope you'll be able to do a sequel.
CeffylGwyn chapter 19 . 2/20/2013
I loved this! Rewatched LotM for the first time in ages the other day; and was blown away by your story! I really hope you'll be able to do a sequel. This was fantastic! Really well done! :)
Maverick88 chapter 19 . 11/10/2012
This has to be my favorite Alice/Uncas story so far. You write everyone so well. Sometimes I was impatient with Alice for not being able to make up her mind, especially after what Uncas did for her. But then I remembered that the moment she finally became strong and without fear in the movie is not in the story (the part where he dies and she jumps after him) and it would take much longer without such a traumatic experience for her to get there.

I really loved every word of it. You're a terrific writer.
ChildlikeEmpress chapter 19 . 10/20/2012
This was beautiful, I really hope you write a sequel. :)
samy-sama chapter 19 . 9/4/2012
Argh noooo don't stop here !

Oh god, i really love your story, i hope you will have time and inspiration to continue this wonderful story ! It was so entertaining !

There isn't a lot of fanfic about this movie and yours is one of my favorite.

I am looking forward the next chapter, i really want to know what will happen in Cantukee !
Liz86000 chapter 19 . 8/29/2012
Very good fic! But I wish there had been more of Cora & Nathaniel...
Anonymous chapter 19 . 6/24/2012
This is my favorite of all the Uncas and Alice fan fics! I love your style of writing despite your mistake of changing the tribe from Mohican to Mahican. Your story is well-written, few grammatical errors (unlike many of the good ones on here that are replete with them :-/), the characters have depth from their raw emotion, the tension between all the characters is believable, and each chapter made me dying to want to know what happens next! This is a silly if not moot point but I was happy you made Alice's hair color more like Jodhi May's in the movie. The same goes for her brown eye color, too! Yay!

Collision is my favorite chapter (I might have read that chapter over and over). And, standing ovation for this line, "They moved towards each other purely by instinct, lips at first meeting tentatively, as if part of an opening salvo; but as their breaths grew heavier, Alice was filled with a fierce hunger, as if there would never be enough..."

Agreeing with the last reviewer, this is the way I would have imagined Uncas and Alice surviving together! Uncas and Alice FTW!

Thank you for a beautiful story and do consider writing a sequel!
Guest chapter 19 . 6/20/2012
I really liked this and your almost poetic way of writing! This is how I imagine what would have happened had they survived. I love how Alice struggles with her new found feelings and really grows up throught the srory.I hope you continue this.
CatherineWinner chapter 19 . 3/31/2012
just reread this story! So amazing, I am not so patiently waiting for the update! You definitely understand the characters and express them in a beautiful way. Thank you for this story, I hope we get an update soon!