Reviews for The Wilderness
doggiegirl21 chapter 19 . 6/14
I can't say how true to character this story seemed. Uncas and Alice are one my all time favorite couples and you write them especially Uncas. Please tell me you are continuing with the plan for a sequel. You write everything so well I am dying for more.
MDawn chapter 19 . 6/14
This is a beautiful, haunting story and I enjoyed it very much. If only things had turned out this way for Alice and Uncas!
BlueSaffire chapter 4 . 6/14
I am reading this for the second time. Your writing is so beautiful and fluid. The characters are so well drawn that I see and hear them in my head as I read. You are very talented and I am so happy that you write LOTM (and a few other of my faves) fiction. Thank you.
Aranel Saerwen chapter 19 . 5/22
I really enjoyed what you wrote. The style was elegant without being stilted. Really a moving story!
Aranel Saerwen chapter 1 . 5/22
Oooh I've consumed three Uncas/Alice stories in the last couple days, and I can tell just from this first chap that this story is going to be a better one. Beautiful descriptions, seamless background work, and a steady grasp of Alice's character. I'm looking forward to the rest!
BlueSaffire chapter 19 . 5/4
You are an amazing writer! You hit just the right emotional notes perfectly. You've got the characters down perfectly. I know you have another Alice & Uncas story & it's been awhile since you've posted any, but I hope you will share more. I absolutely loved reading (and rereading) this. (Am also loving your Sally Ann & Hasil hits! They are helpful to fill the void until January!)
You're a great writer! Keep going! It's good!
Guest chapter 19 . 12/7/2015
I just discovered this story, and I absolutely love it! I wish you would continue it to let us know what happens in Cantuckee!
MrsMargaret chapter 19 . 1/11/2015
This is an amazing story ! Having discovered it after I have read "Flames" it got me hooked immediately while reading the first chapter. A worthy continuation of the movie if Alice and Uncas had survived the cliffs.
You handled every character very thoughful and with great empathy, especially the characters of Alice and Uncas. Just like in "Flames" your writing style is very varied and fluent and you are able to fill your plot with vivid and beautiful pictures.

A story to be proud of and a story which gives a wonderful tribute to the pairing of Alice and Uncas.
Thanks for sharing!
sweetrupturedlight chapter 19 . 12/10/2014
Lady of Glencairn recommended your story with a: GO AND READ THIS, ITS WONDERFUL. I agree completely. How fantastically well written, a realistic, completely in character portrayal of the wonderful love story the movie ended so abruptly. I realise this was written many years ago. I do hope that someday you return to it. Wonderful work
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 19 . 12/10/2014
This story is one of the best I've ever read. Honestly, it was so well written, thought out, executed. I wish I had an unlimited amount of praise to shower upon you, because it is so richly deserved, but all I have is perfection. It well and truly is pure, unadulterated perfection.

Thank you for writing it. It was so nuanced, light in places, heavy and dark in others; such a wonderful balance. I'd love to know if you ever plan to revisit these characters? I'm so greedy for more!

Again, excellent work.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 18 . 12/10/2014
Have I mentioned that I just love how you tell your story in such a way that I don't feel the need to read endless lines of words? There is just enough to satisfy my need for speech and the rest is thought, gestures, body language. Marvelous.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 17 . 12/10/2014
Seamless. Your narrative is so seamless. It all fits together, perfectly. Urgh. This is so good.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 16 . 12/10/2014
How nice of the men to think of the ladies' comfort. Well, probably their own too, but it's a wonderful gesture.

Ahh, Alice...
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 15 . 12/10/2014
This is just heartbreaking. I could feel myself tearing midway through.