Reviews for All Hail The Hokage
Guest chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I hate you. I hate you so much, because, goddammit, this hurts. Because it's what might have been and what might be before.

No concrit, but do accept my standing ovation.
Arwenia chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
One of a damn kind. I actually cried in this one chop. Often times it happens that one shots are actually too short to poke any emotions out of me but this one prevailed and crushed the impossible. You are magnificent. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you with the bottom of my heart.
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I love this. I really, truly do. It stars four of my favorite characters in Naruto, and your writing is just wonderful here it almost huts.
CreatorsOfWorlds chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I'm not often one for one-wrod comments - and the explanation means that this isn't one, anyway - but /brilliant/.
Renaerys chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I love this. The understanding between Madara and Hashirama is perfect. They're not friends, they never will be, but they are forever bonded. I don't have any useful concrit for you, so I'm just going to gush about the parts I enjoyed the most.

I really liked the line about Hashirama never being a legend without Madara. Not Tobirama or Mito, but Madara. And similarly, that Madara is the one who finds him in his moment of doubt-was Konoha worth the blood and tears that became its foundation? Gave me chills.

The end was my favorite part. I love the short insight into all the problems of building Konoha and making peace work, and how each character contributes to it. Even though it was short and didn't go into a ton of detail, I could picture them discussing things and their expressions.

Thank you for writing this. I'm favoriting immediately. :D
The XIIIth Card chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I like this a lot. It's very well written, with future plot threads being weaved left right and centre- but you don't overdo it.

The relationship aspect is also something that interests me. There's a dose of good old Hashirama/Mito, but the subtleties of the Hashirama/Madara dynamic seem open to interpretation and I like that.
PikaCheeka chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
How did I miss this one? I am ever-thankful to the author who directed me here, as this is easily one of the best Konoha-Founding fics I have ever read. It may be awkward when it comes to canon chronology, but that hardly matters here.

Your Madara is gorgeous, both in your descriptions and his subtle dominance of the story. "His disposition inevitably has its inelegant, sharp, creepy edges.", "Madara would leave him with angry surprises. All hail the Hokage, he would mouth some nights, absolutely unapologetic for dredging up sore points, before walking away.", "cavernous hollowness that bespoke truth of the horror folktales surrounding Madmadmadara", "Was this worth all those corpses I burned myself? Was this worth my brother? Was this worth us and everything we had?" And, of course, " little Shimura Danzo tailing Madara around, intringued by the doujutsu, until the latter knocked him out, to everyone's consternation"

The pairing was also handled very well (it was HashiMada after all, no?), as it was only insinuated and could be ignored if the reader didn't want to notice it. The emphasis on Madara's alien nature and the general perversity of their relationship is fantastic. I also can never say no to the mild HashiMadaMito going on there, either.

I'm sure this review made no sense. Suffice to say, I love it.
WitchOfTheWilds chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I'd like to offer intelligent critque, but I'm afraid I have none so I'll say this; I like iteven though it's sad really considering what comes to happen to Hasirama's 'happy family.'

Though my favourite part was probably the line where Madara knocked out Danzo.