Reviews for a dark romance
?! 3
1stworldview16 chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
Moscow clubs capitalize on lonely women starved for affection.

Women sitting alone together in a cafe would not give most observers pause, but in Russia, a group of women alone acts as a reminder of the country's deficiency in marriageable men. Lonely Russian women are commonplace in Moscow and other major Russian cities where men are dramatically outnumbered by the opposite sex. Mothers and daughters alike bemoan the lack of options available to them romantically. Men are not only scarce, but a good one is next to impossible to find.

Men in Russia are prone to alcoholism, unemployment, and abuse. Generations of women in Russia have witnessed the decline of the Russian man. Complaints about men's rudderless existence and poor treatment of women have become a mainstay for gatherings of women, whether at home, at work, or in a social setting. Wherever women gather, the subject of men is not far behind. Some of these women have taken to dressing the part of the jilted lover awaiting rescue, donning dramatic gowns, complete with stiletto heels as they await their knight in shining armor. A knight that few Russian women continue to believe in or have any hope left will actually materialize.

Most women regale past experiences with men with very few pleasant memories. Even women that have been fortunate enough to be involved in a romance, the love quickly sours and is often replaced by resentment, disillusionment, and unhappiness. Russian women wish to be wined and dined and made to feel special. However, even promising men disappoint these notions, causing women to grow hardened as their hope of love and happily-ever-after slowly fades.

The first experience with men a Russian woman remembers is usually her father. Unfortunately, most of these fathers were of no better than the men available for dating at present. Russian women are often raised bearing witness to drunken fathers, heavy drinking, financial insecurities due to lack of motivation to work, and verbal and physical abuse against their mothers. These formative memories create the foundation for a lifelong distrust of men in general, and each subsequent undesirable male encountered is further evidence that the female opinion of Russian men is justified.

To answer the demand for good, decent men, clubs have been emerging across Russia to provide women with the means the experiences they have long craved. One club, Marusia, has taken the concept a step further. Many clubs will have male-based entertainment for women to enjoy. Marusia offers services for women to be in close proximity, if not actual contact, with a desirable man. Women may pay between a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars for the privilege of cuddling with male employees for the experience of closeness and physical connection they cannot find elsewhere.

Starved for affection and love, some patrons of Marusia will request men to spend time with in private rooms. 50% of Russian women are single, with few prospects of a lasting relationship on the horizon. Marusia and clubs like it help these women fill a void, even for a few hours before they resume their search for men that can step into the role of lover, partner, and provider.

Many Russian women consider their future bleak, as the hopes of marriage and companionship become less likely. Some critics believe that these situations are, in some part, created by the women themselves, citing that Russian women are too obsessed with finances and fairy tales. It could be argued in their defenses, that as the lonely fates of these Russian women looms over their heads, cynicism increases and practicality prevail, and the romantic ideals of the past morph into merely desires to be cared for.

Russian women have begun to turn to mail order bride sites to find a husband . Companies like A Foreign Affair have been capitalizing on the demand for marriage minded husbands. Every month they bring groups of men to Russian and the Ukraine. The women attend what A Foreign Affair calls a social, hundreds of young beautiful Russian women attend these events with the hope to get the chances to meet one of 25 or so men that have traveled from the USA or Europe. 23 Year old Olga from Odessa says, "I have given up looking for a man in the Ukraine, I have no problem finding a date, but finding a man I would want to be the father of my children is a completely different thing. I want a man my children can admire and respect. I want a man that will be by friend, my soul mate and my lover"

1st World View
sevindeej chapter 1 . 3/15/2016
please write somemore
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2015
SKYS POV
he bit me so hard that I screamed for my life then aiden came running out and punched eric in the face then said "really brother"? then eric waled out mad with aiden giving him a lecture

sky was past out and she was breathing but she still couldn't wake up.
sky was put in bed with her beautiful night gown
nobody was there so she got up changed into the NORMAL clothes and saw everyone asleep. she sneeked out ran home stopped for a bit for taco bell then went home locked the door.

she wwas happy to be home.

ERICS POV
I just woke up. then I checked to see if sky was still there. SHE WAS GONE! I thou she was gonna stay! :(((

AIDENS POV
I was still sleeping, then I woke up ate. then I saw a shadow but then it moved I was like "whatever!"

sky was but home she lived her life went to school hanged out with her friends and hid away from vampires. she would never let them see her again.

THE END
romance lover chapter 1 . 6/14/2015
thats the end?
O chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
I love this so much is there a number 2?
Dezzyrooroo chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
Write more!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
I think you should really proof read, on the other hand I loved it.
Bonnie chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
ok first awesome story but wtf happened to her being kidnapped and how did she just forget about that. Also why would he kidnap her if her has a girlfriend, also where did aiden go when eric pushes her onto the bed like a crazy person. Then finally where is the rest of the story i got so into it cuz it was a good story but it just stops in mid sentence what does that mean that he like drank all her blood and she dies or what this is not like an imperial affiction , dont go all fault in our stars on me come on. Please finish the story :(
breshay chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Great story line but very poorly written.
Maiden chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Very good ! I really think you should finish the story, I can't wait to find out what happens next! Please keep going, I really liked it!
Candice Hughes chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Uh.. Punctuation would help.
kristina chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Please Finsh it
michelle collie chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
i loved this it was awesome
leslie.collie.1 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
OMG this story is soo awesome