Reviews for Torn Between Two Worlds
Freddie23 chapter 8 . 8/14/2012
What a wonderful story. I liked it very much. Such great writing. Funny, sad and full of that which I love most - Elf angst.
Thank you.
LegolassLove chapter 8 . 6/26/2012
Oh my! I read the Cry of the Gull and then this story. And I absolutely sobbed during both of them. They were so, so, soo beautiful. I am absolutely in love with Legolas and Gimli's friendship, and you captured it wonderfully. Maybe you could write something short about Legolas and Gimli once they make it across the sea/ocean (if you haven't already)? Let me know! :)
myshka chapter 8 . 7/3/2011
Ah Ithilien., I have never said how much this story moves me. I have read it several times in the past, but have never reviewed and now you may never receive it. But here it is anyway. Out of all the fanfiction out there this is absolutely one of the best ones ever. As someone who has worked with the ill and their loved ones, I cannot express enough how this story truly captures their experiences. All of the emotions Gimli experienced were true to life. This is something that is difficult to demonstrate with words and you did it beautifully. Thank you so much for writing this moving piece of fanfiction literature. It means the world.
Reading Ella chapter 2 . 1/5/2011
"You spend far more time complaining of your aches and pains than you do in actually causing them. Nay, your problem is you sit about too much. You need to frolic more, Gimli."

Gimli snorted. "I am a Dwarf. Dwarves do not frolic."

That part was really funny, I especially liked this chapter because of it's lightheartedness.
Iavalir chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I read this story a while back before I made an account. This is one of my favorite fanfictions. Very sad but also very true. I have recently been going through the same thing of watching a loved one suffer, so this story helped me come to terms with my own feelings about the matter. I thank you for that. :)
Lady Elrayen chapter 8 . 10/1/2008
i would just like to say such a massive thank-you for coming up with such a beautiful story of love and friendship. I was in tears at some parts! Unfortunately I don't often come across stories on Legolas and the sea longing, but this was just too amazing! thank-you again and happy writing :) x
MissQuigley chapter 8 . 6/19/2008
This was the second story I read on this site, so long ago. I've reread it and it still makes me cry. So bittersweet. *sniff*

I know its been ages since you posted this, but I had to tell you.
Nellas Elendil chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
I felt the pain.
HelioQueen chapter 8 . 5/18/2007
wow, WOW!

so.. real!

Emotional! (I can see why it drained you)

magnificant!

the plot is great.

I can not find any flaws in this.

Absolutely Fantastic!

thank you!

Heli
HelioQueen chapter 3 . 5/12/2007
I cried.

you are one hell of a angst writer.

dammit you made me cry!

*sob*

sorry the curses

T:Heli
JastaElf chapter 8 . 1/18/2007
How the HELL did I miss this one? I see that it dates back to the very earliest days of knowing you... could it be this was written before we met online and became friends? My God...

I am stunned to have missed it-but I have rectified the problem. I just spent about an hour and a half, perhaps a smitch longer, reading it with great joy; you know how I adore angst, and how wonderful I find your writing! Now I understand the love of sea-longing even more...

What I also see here is the solid, wonderful foundation on which is laid your superlative prose style and incredible gift at both characterization and word-painting. Your later work shows, as is meet and right, a gradual blossoming and maturing from story to story; but here we see where it all began (I know there's one piece before it, but you know what I mean...), and it is SUCH a wonderful piece!

The angst, the sorrow... the magic, the healing, the jests and silliness and more sadness... the way the scene fades to white with remembrance of Gandalf's words to Pippin before the battle at Minas Tirith... all wonderful. Gimli giving up the fabled gem... oh yes.

But the Epilogue is a frickin' master stroke. It shows that a message was delivered and comprehended; a promise was made, and kept... and that clearly the Elves have not completely faded from Ennor because of the love and friendship of an Elf and a Dwarf, and the gift through a Dwarf of remembrance from a great-grandmother to her Human descendants in Kingship. GOD! Positively brilliant!

Thank you for this wonderful story! Shows the benefit of occasionally going back through and poking about to find the gems we didn't see on the first walk through...

Hugs,

Jasta
elphpirate chapter 8 . 9/15/2004
That was so sad and so sweet! Where do you get this stuff? Great story!
Dayna chapter 8 . 6/2/2004
Oh my Gawd! Phenomenal! I am in AWE of your writing ability! You captured L/G so perfectly, and I could see the Characters as they appeared in the movies, which was very beneficial.

I can't come up with enough glowing adjectives for you,Ithilien! WOW.
Frodo3791 chapter 8 . 6/23/2003
I throughly loved this story! You have such a gift with angst. It was nice to read a Legolas fic that wasn't romance... ah.. too many of them nowadays. I really love Legolas and Gimli fics. They are truelly a great pair.. they're so different which makes them funny, but they are the best of friends. You definitly portrayed that in this story. It was beautifully written. You are very talented. I'll have to read more of your stuff. Thanks for the read.

-Frodo
lizmybit chapter 8 . 5/2/2003
Oh my dear Ithilien, I am so sad that this story is over! Alas, all good things must come to an end! Thank you so very much for writing it. You have forever changed my opinion of Legolas and Gimli! I did like them from the book but they were not my favorites. I think that you have done an even better job than Tolkien at protraying their friendship! I shall never look at their relationship the same again. Thank you for opening my eyes!

Namaarie Mellon!