Reviews for Whispers in the Dark
Random Flyer chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
I love you're story! I haven't read any quite like it. The idea is awesome! You're doing a great job of explaining some of what happened, but leaving most it a mystery for later. I love how you're working out the situation between Lily, Harry, and Snape. They all have their own problems, weaknesses, and issues so it makes for a very interesting story.

I am curious if you're going to bring Sirius into this. Now that Lily is back, all she has to do is tell them that Sirius wasn't their secret keeper and then at least Snape and Dumbledore would know Sirius was innocent. I don't know if that would get him out of Azkaban since they're keeping Lily a secret, but they would know at the very least.

I'm looking forward to how Remus will react and just the rest of the story as a whole! Update soon! I can't wait for the next chapter!
corderbollie chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
Love this story, I love the direction you went with it and the plot ideas. Very well written. Can't wait for more!
xCecilex chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
I just found this story, and I love it, but I just thought of something, and it did take me until now, but now that I've thought about it, it won't leave: where's Sirius? You mentioned Lily has seen the papers, so shouldn't she have seen the papers that Sirius was arrested for his betrayal of her and James and Lily would know he hadn't really betrayed them and can get him out of jail, since hello, he's innocent. But, yeah, other than that confusion, I think the story is absolutely brilliant, and I hope you update soon!
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Well, I certainly like this premise and am looking forward to reading what you have written so far (and then more, hopefully).

I agree with Harry when he sees the light and realises that his aunt really does think the woman is Lily. Petunia would recognise her sister, nobody would have known Lily better and despite her ageing 11 years and probably looking less than serene, I doubt Lily would have changed all that much. And I doubt even Petunia would have sent a vulnerable nearly 12 year old off with a complete stranger, uncaring of his fate. Also, she would know she would have to answer to DD if the woman was a complete stranger. And Petunia is afraid of DD and magic.

Obviously Lily is going to Severus, a person she still describes as a friend. Is canon unaltered? If so, she no longer thought of Severus as a friend. If she did not know for sure that Harry was dead, then she must not know the fates of Sirius and Lupin. Why would she not try to find one of them. She would have known where they lived before she and her family were rent asunder. And as Lily and the Marauders all belonged to the OOTP, I am sure Lily would know Severus was a DE.

I am interested to see how mother and son are going to get from Surrey to Manchester (or Birmingham perhaps) without magic, and, I presume, without money. Lily would, I suppose, be able to use Harry's wand once they are a fair distance from Privet Drive.

The start was interesting. Severus taking an old neighbour's welfare to heart is certainly an out-there scenario. Obviously, Severus is not going to be his canon-self in all aspects. The canon man is anti-Muggle and far from friendly, even with his fellow magical-folk.

It seems as though Lily is far from happy with DD. Why, I can't imagine as the Potters knew about he prophecy; that is why they were in hiding. I hope this is not going to be a DD-bashing story because I will not be able to keep reading if that is going to be the case.

There are lots of questions... how did Lily escape and how did she get to Surrey from where ever she was imprisoned? Why was Lily imprisoned? And why did DD not realise when he invoked the protective magic around Harry and #4 Privet Dve. IF she was still alive, then surely the protection that Lily gave Harry because of her death would have been non-existent and DD would not have been able to invoke the ancient magic. Just a thought.

I was a tad put-off with the obvious American flavour to the writing, eg, pavement would translate to footpath and crisps are chips. There are a few other examples, but I can't think of them at the moment. This however did little to detract me from enjoying the well-written beginning.

Onto chapter 2.
DarkRavie chapter 9 . 1/26/2012
Sierra-A.W chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
I really enjoyed your story! I just read all 9 chapters tonight. I hope Lily does not leave Severus, and I hope that Severus starts being nicer to Harry. I hope that you update really soon! I am anxiously waiting to find out what happens next. Good job!
ancient midnight chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
unteresting, I look forward to reading more
waddiwasiwitch chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
Great chapter. The truth had to come out. Now we have to wait and see Lily coming to terms with that.
loretta537 chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
thank you for the update, i've missed this story
Nightshade's sydneylover150 chapter 9 . 1/24/2012
He's always the pesimist isn't he? I'm not sure I trust Dumbledore though. Please write more when you get a chance!
Lady DestinyHope chapter 9 . 1/24/2012
Wow, a brilliant chapter, I really enjoyed reading it!
liz.onia chapter 9 . 1/24/2012
Great update! I'm interested to see what exactly happened to Lily, and even more so to find out how she will get her magic back. Keep up the good work & I look forward to the next chapter!
Ann chapter 9 . 1/24/2012
Great new chapter. Please continue soon. I missed having updates. This is a great story.
graynavarre chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
good story - looking forward to more
deviltown chapter 9 . 1/24/2012
Your story is amazing!It's really hard to find some real good fic these chapter 10 soon! ~~congrats
320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »