Reviews for Whispers in the Dark
ennui deMorte chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
This first chapter is a very good set-up for the following chapters, especially Petunia's doubt about Lily?

The interaction between Petunia and Harry is really well written and very canon.

Since I've read Chapter 6 I understand why Lily came to Petunia and then goes to Spinner's End, because she doesn't have magic to get anywhere magical. But why hasn't she asked about Sirius yet and why Harry is not staying with him?
ennui deMorte chapter 6 . 3/31/2011
Excellent chapter!

I love Lily thinking that Snape won't mind Harry calling him Severus and Harry not agreeing, then Snape coming in and affirm that Harry is correct.

The differencing in Harry's interactions between Lily and Snape is very showing of who is used to dealing with children. Even though Snape may not like children, he knows how to handle them or he would have murdered them all long ago.

Lily not having magic is very interesting. Snape freaking out as soon as he found out and then Lily explaining why she isn't is because she freaked out years ago. I can't decide whether this would make her higher or lower on the hit list-lower because she is no longer a threat, but higher because she is now what they detest: a being without magic.

The dislike of Harry washing himself is just like a child.

Looking forward to more
Zarz chapter 6 . 3/31/2011
This is a really interesting premise, and I can't wait to see where Lily was, how she got there, and how in the world she lost her magic. It'll also be interesting to see how they dynamic between her, Harry, and Snape changes.

About my one suggestion would be making Harry seem a little older. Now granted, I haven't spent all that much time around 11-12 year olds recently, and I certainly don't know how Harry's unique upbringing would affect him, but he's supposed to be around the age one would enter middle school. His mental voice, however, sounds a lot younger - something I would expect from a six year old or so. It's still an interesting story, but I'm not sure if the Harry who survived the year at Hogwarts he just did would be evading a bath because he thought it boring (would he have even taken baths before? I thought they mainly just used showers at Hogwarts, and I don't think the Dursley's would have been fond of him taking long, hot baths), or generally act so petulant. It's up to you, of course; this is just my take on things (and maybe that really is the way sixth graders think, and I'm just lucky to be long grown out of that stage).

Anyway, great work, and I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Lady DestinyHope chapter 6 . 3/31/2011
this is awesome in a way i feel kinda bad for severus bt i really wanna c him bond w/ harry wen is that gonna happen? ur story is really gr8 n i cant w8 to read more i hope u write more scenes w/ harry n sev update soon!
Lexi0521 chapter 6 . 3/30/2011
Very interresting so far. I am looking forward to seeing where you lead this story!
MarieLewis chapter 6 . 3/30/2011
brilliant! just, fantastic :)
melkS chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
Well I really like how it is turning! I wonder if Lily will forgive him for his actions.

keep on!
RisingAngel22 chapter 5 . 3/29/2011
heyy this is really really good so far i cant w8 to read wat happens nxt this is a very interesting idea n i love it!
Too lazy to sign in chapter 4 . 3/28/2011
Wow! I find your writing style very easy to read, and your characters and their reactions and thoughts quite natural. How can I say better than that?
thedarklordsfavoritedungeonbat chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
I'm loving every second of this story so far I can hardly wait to read more!
Hannah chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
please please pleaaaaaaaaase updat this... a lot... soon! :D
Gazing at Castles in the Sky chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
cant wait to hear more :D
Fawkes1725 chapter 5 . 3/25/2011
I really like this story so far. I am curious to see where it will lead.
MarieLewis chapter 5 . 3/24/2011
ah! lovely!

harry is so cute, not that he wasnt always ;)
SrMacrina chapter 5 . 3/24/2011
Wow, a unique story begins. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where this one goes!
291 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »