Reviews for Out of the Dark
MidwestDreamer chapter 12 . 5/20
What a gift you have... You craft such amazing case fics and backstories against which you provide incredible insight into characters I adore.

I found this piece to be almost horrifically dark, but so believable and on point that I couldn't stop reading...even when a part of me wanted to because I was so frustrated by Gibbs's unyieldingly stance following his leap to an incorrect conclusion and Tony's need to still hide behind his masks, despite having found something so real with Gibbs. This is, however, *exactly* how the two of them would be, I think, as they worked their way through past pain in order to build a future together.

Your use of Ducky here was excellent, both in terms of the cadence of the story and for what he shared with Gibbs. I also enjoyed the way you used Tim, with his characteristic blend of insecurity and confidence, to tip Gibbs off regarding Redman's physical reappearance. I could easily picture him debating whether to say anything to Gibbs and, if so, how much...and I breathed a huge sigh of relief that he found the courage to say what he did. Even though what was going on between Tony and Redman was still kind of amorphous at that point in the story, I sensed there'd be a confrontaction between the two at some point.

I also have to compliment you on the way you set this whole thing up, by having Tony trying to figure out what to call Gibbs. Jay is a logical potential choice (if memory serves correctly, it's what ex-wife number two (Jeri Ryan's Rebecca, introduced in Season 12) called him), and it provided a terrific springboard for the plot of this story.

Your writing makes me feel as if I'm in the middle of the action. I see what the characters are seeing and, more importantly, I can feel their emotions. This was painful to read at various points...and yet so true the characters that I loved every bit of it.
lizzievee chapter 12 . 4/29/2016
A great story - very well written and it kept me on the edge, especially when it looked like Tony was going to hang himself because of his dispear with Gibbs. I really thought there was going to be a very different ending. Great job.
flower pot girl chapter 12 . 4/23/2015
So sweet.
M. Louise E chapter 12 . 11/19/2014
Nicely done. :D
Cackymn chapter 12 . 6/19/2014
Oh. Oh. Oh. Lovely! :-) Very nice mirroring and so sweetly sexy. Gorgeous turn-around! Yay!
Cackymn chapter 11 . 6/19/2014
This whole story is great, but THIS chapter is glorious. Ties it all together. Deep, but never rambling. Great psychology, but natural, never dry. Tender not sappy. Sexy in such a gentle loving way. You have woven your themes together beautifully in this tale. Hurt and comfort, angst and understanding, mistakes and caring, secrets and truth, fear and safety. I love the way you write them together at home. Oh for the love of Gibbs and Tony this is a wonderful fic. I can see why it is renowned and I'm damn glad to be here. Thank you! :-)
necessitytd chapter 12 . 12/17/2013
Great fic. I love love love how everything is not magically better because Gibbs rode in and whisked Tony off to the hospital. And a simple heartfelt apology didn't fix all the hurt. It felt very real which is a very good thing. :)
threesquares chapter 12 . 11/10/2013
Damn that was a great story. Thanks.
Laura-trekkie chapter 12 . 9/15/2013
Awwww. Glad to see Gibbs got it right this time :).
Laura-trekkie chapter 11 . 9/15/2013
Awwww. I'm glad Tony got his moment to be justifiably angry with Gibbs as well as owning up to his own part in their blow up. I'm also glad that Tony finally told Gibbs all of what happened with Jason. Hopefully they can put it all behind them now.
Laura-trekkie chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
Yay, Tony rescued himself and then Gibbs swooped in to do the rest \o/. They've got some serious talking to do, but at least they're both still willing and able to have that talk and fix things.
Laura-trekkie chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
*eep* That was a big surprise! I'm relieved that Tony wasn't planning on doing something stupid like it first appeared, not that it's really doing him much good!
Laura-trekkie chapter 8 . 9/15/2013
*eep* Hurry Gibbs!
Laura-trekkie chapter 7 . 9/15/2013
Thank heavens Ducky is on the case, but Tony's already bolted. Will Gibbs have any idea where to look? What will he find when he does?
Laura-trekkie chapter 6 . 9/15/2013
Oh Tony *hugs him*. I hope he's not about to do something stupid. And to think he was all set to forgive Gibbs' assumptions even though they were pretty hurtful. :(