Reviews for The Lie
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 11 . 5/13/2011
Beautiful chapter! Loved how you used the theme of courage from the series and the ending of this chapter was an amazing Jim/Pam moment, just incredible!

:D
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 4 . 5/13/2011
Lol! Am loving this story! You've got everyone spot on but Dwight is particularly well characterized. Am very impressed! Can't wait to see how it all ends!

:D
GailTheFish chapter 12 . 5/2/2011
Aw yay! I loved all the gossiping about Jim and Pam and it all coming out. And the ending's all happy. Well done on this story, I look forward to reading more of your work :-)
jandjsalmon chapter 12 . 5/2/2011
I liked this ending a lot! Love the gossipy accountants and I liked Pam's hopeful outlook.

and yes - Michael and Holly went to Colorado. :)
jandjsalmon chapter 11 . 4/28/2011
I really liked this. I'm very excited to carh thus right before you finish! One more to go!
GailTheFish chapter 11 . 4/27/2011
Aww, I really liked this chapter. I'm glad Pam's finally struck up the courage to end it with Roy and tell Jim how she feels, and that the chapter ended with them being together. I liked the rock bit too :')
Blushing Rose chapter 11 . 4/26/2011
That was...perfect :D
Lupinista chapter 10 . 4/24/2011
such a sad ending! I look forward to your next update :)
Lupinista chapter 8 . 4/24/2011
"Michael," he said, "I've been having a feeling ever since we lied to David Wallace about Jim messing up our client meeting with John Schneider. I think it's an..." - he paused, looking back at Michael's office window again. "An emotion, Michael. It's this strange feeling, almost like it's in my stomach. It's hard to explain. Like when you eat a piece of deer jerky that wasn't preserved well, and you have to vomit, except in an emotional way. You know what I mean?"

I died. this was PERFECT.
Blushing Rose chapter 10 . 4/21/2011
Fantastic chapter! I was a little disappointed in Pam's performance, but I can see where she's coming from. I love the parts where you describe each character's thoughts and feelings. It makes the characters so 3D and very entertaining. Anyway, keep up the good work and I look foward to your next chapter!
GailTheFish chapter 10 . 4/20/2011
Aww, loved it! I too feel sorry for Jan, and loved her appearance, especially the bit about being Hunter's band manager :')so yeah, a great chapter as usual, can't wait to see what happens next!
GailTheFish chapter 9 . 4/14/2011
Ooh good chapter, I liked the bit about Jim feeling a bit sorry for Michael. Again, can't wait for the next chapter!
GailTheFish chapter 8 . 4/10/2011
Ooh, good chapter! I loved how you wrote from David's point of view, great idea. I loved the whole David and Michael bit and how he found out Jan was getting fired before interviewing for her job instead of in the middle of it :') also Dwight hugging him and telling him he tolerated him was great, well done for the chapter!
epicpickleninja chapter 7 . 4/9/2011
great chapter :)

i'm so glad you had another Dwight POV in there. i love Dwight and Jim's relationship and i always was kinda eager to how you'd have Dwight react when Jim left. oh, and i like how you're making Michael make a last-ditch effort to get Jim back. can't wait to see what more you have in store!
ftmill16 chapter 7 . 4/9/2011
This story contiues to be so good. I wait anxiosly for each chapter to post because it just keeps getting better. I'm really sorry that I on't review each chapter as we go, I have really severe health problems and while reading all of these brilliant fan fiction stories about my obsession, The Office, is what often keeps me sane, typing out a review honesly can be, well, actually IS, taxing on me. ANYHOW...

I LOVE seeing Dwight feel guilt! It's an emotion I've never been sure he was capable of, heck, look at him after killing Angela's cat on the show, no real guilt there. Anyhow, the evidence that it's a brand new emotion to him is the fact that he doesn't even know what he is feeling. You just did a really awesome job with Dwight in this chapter. His introspection (not sure if that is the word I was looking for but hey, I think it makes me sound smart! grin) thinking about things and realizing that Jim being gone may actually be a bad thing, something I'm certain he has never thought before, well.. just brilliant.

SO like Micheal to think he can swoop in with a quick fix and save the day. I suspect that getting his client back won't be as easy as Micheal seems to think, maybe not possible at all. Even if he DOES manage to do it, I am sure he will mention his plan to Jan about confessing and there is NO WAY she will allow that. Even if he does manage to tell Wallace the truth, the fact that Micheal thinks so simplistically, he gets the client back, he confesses, Jim comes back, the end. Well, it's what makes him Micheal. He doesn't seem to piece into that puzzle that the repurcusions to him for having lost the customer in the first place I would think would pale in comparisson to the hot water he will now be in with a confession that he actually lied about and set up one of his employees to take the fall for his GROSS misconduct leading to the employee, one of Dunder Mifflin's best salesmen, to tender his resignation. SO... getting through all that, there is what I think is the biggest issue and one I don't think Micheal sees as an issue or has even considered. I have a feeling that getting Jim to stay won't be easy and maybe completely impossible. Jim has now seen, felt and sensed freedom from that place and I thnk he likes what he is feeling. I thik the prospect of finally shaking that place, though I'm sure it makes him sad on many fronts, but overall is a welcome relief to Jim after so many years. I suspect that not being able to see Pam is probably the big drawback to leaving for Jim, but I have a feeling that Pam and Jim may just be on the road to finally resolving their issues and hopefully are headed towards a relationship so that won't be a real issue if that happens. Also, I can see Pam, having seen before how awful it was working there without Jim, wanting to show support for him. Last sensing maybe this could be her own chance to do bigger and better things, I can see Pam following Jim's lead and quitting.

The biggest issue I see for Jim here though is that he will NEVER again be able to trust Micheal or Dwight. Where in the past they were odd people whose ideosyncrasies got Jim through each day, and who he loved toying with, they have now become real danger and he would always be on the lookout for the next time they will stab him in the back.

You have done a great job of writing this story in a sense that keeps it truly real. I am of course hoping for alot more interraction between Jim and Pam, I think they are by far best when together, but I know whatever is next, will be brilliant. PLEASE don't keep me waiting long for the next chapter, I am so hooked on this story!

(Sorry for my long boring, rambling reviews. I get started and can't seem to stop until I've put every though I am thinking down. Okay, now I'm exhausted and must rest!)
49 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »