Reviews for The Lie
Blushing Rose chapter 7 . 4/6/2011
Wow, I love this story! The matter-of-fact tone that you write with makes the characters seem real and really funny! I can't wait for the next chapter!
GailTheFish chapter 7 . 4/5/2011
Great chapter yet again! Loved Michael looking at 'albino broccoli', that line in particular cracked me up :')
GailTheFish chapter 6 . 3/30/2011
Loved this chapter; Karen seeing sense and breaking up with Jim, and really realistically controlling Jan, I could really imagine the candle shop scene. Well done, keep this up :)
Assassin's Creed superfan chapter 6 . 3/29/2011
And the greatness continues :)
GailTheFish chapter 5 . 3/26/2011
I liked this chapter, especially the Dwangela . can't wait to see where you take the story next!
ftmill16 chapter 5 . 3/25/2011
WOW! This story is incredibly well written and the premise is amazing. I mean, what is more amazing is that Micheal has never gotten himself in a spot like this befoe this (that we know of.) I love that you have Jim feel so strongly about what was done to him that he actually thinks it out, not acting impulsively, and decides he needs to take a stand. He has sound thinking. I mean, he would have a tough time moving up in the company with the head of it believing he had done something like this that actually resulted in the loss of not just any customer, but a valued customer. The fact that Micheal is writing this all off as Jim being a baby is, WOW! It shows Micheals true mentality. I mean, that Micheal can't even see exactly what he has done and how big it is, why Jim isn't able to just shrug this off. Then Dwight, not surprising but his reaction maks you want to vomit. The fact that Angela KNOWS what went on and is able to condone it in any way, when you consider her supposed strict Christian values, is nothing short of bizarre. Then again, we've seen time and again on the show that Angela is able to overlook any 'sin' that affects her, of Dwight, if that's what she wants to do. Anyhow, I think you really have the reactions and the way the office workers conduct themselves, spot on.

I guess I don't see Karen as the way you have portrayed her. I will say upfront, I am NOT a Karen supporter so you can know that as you consider my thoughts... I just think Karen is so go go go, business, career, let's move up and get a higher job, lets go to the parties and make contacts, oriented that I don't think she would A) put up at all with what is being done to Jim. I think she would KNOW how much this would destroy Jim's credibility in the company and keep him from advancing so she would therefore INSIst that he tell on Micheal and as much as I believe Karen admires Jan at this point, if Jan is affecting Jim's job and in turn the future Karen envisions forherself, I think she would insist he report Jan as well. I think she would feel strongly enough about it that they would probably fight and then if Jim still refuses I believe that Karen, much the way that she blurted out to the workers in the office why Jim was fired after he wouldn't tell them (BTW, that was another problem I had. I just don't think Jim would be okay with that. I think he would feel it was his to tell IF HE wanted to and it wasn't her place. Just my opinon.) Anyhow, I firmly believe that Karen would go behind Jim's back and report this. B) I also believe that Karen would immediately show strong resistance to Jim quitting his job until he has something at least as good. I just don't think Karen would put up any show of going along with Jim quitting his job.

Lastly, I hope Pam is really thinking about what her mom had to say, and thank God for Helene for trying to steer Pam in the right direction. My only strong problem with this story is that it says it's angst/romance between Jim and Pam and we haven't gotten ANY meaningful interaction between the two so far let alone any Romance. Each chapter I start reading hoping this is the one we will finally see them interact but I'm always disappointed. Oh well, I hope we will get there soon. I'm not giving up yet. This isn't only a great premise for a story, I mean it when I say it really is very well written. I look forward to the next chapter. I hope it will be coming soon! (I am SOOOO impatient!)
Assassin's Creed superfan chapter 5 . 3/25/2011
Yet another good chapter
epicpickleninja chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
great chapter :) yeah, don't worry about you're updating schedule. i always get distracted by stuff and it takes me forever to update (my readers probably hate me)

anyway.

so i thought you handled the jim-telling-michael-he's-quitting thing well. it seemed like something they would do. i also smiled when Dwight was first surprised Jim was quitting (aww. he does care :P) i just liked how you had everyone's reaction shots in general.

i can't wait for Pam to confront Jim about it (are you going to have them speak one-on-one? if not, you should) and are you going to have Jim get another job that's better than Dunder Mifflin? wouldn't it be great if he did and then one day one of the dunder mifflin sales people came to sale whatever company Jim works for paper (not that you have to do that. it was just a thought.)

...i'll just wait for your next chapter instead :) bye!
GailTheFish chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
What a great chapter, Jim finally quitting! Can't wait to see the next installment, keep up the excellent writing :-)
Assassin's Creed superfan chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
And this is the chapter on which I am choosing to gush: yet another great chapter, characters are spot on, and the story as a whole is just great this is a story that deserves a lot more reviews but worry not you'll have a constant reviewer in me :) and I'm not just saying that to hope you'll update faster though that'd be great awesome story and it looks like Oscar's gonna start playing matchmaker looking forward to see where this goes
epicpickleninja chapter 3 . 3/19/2011
i really like your story so far! none of your characters are OOC which is always nice :D and your plot's great! i can't wait to read the rest of your story! also, you're doing a good job of switching POVs so people can kind of get a hint of how the different Office characters react to certain events. happy writing!
Assassin's Creed superfan chapter 3 . 3/14/2011
Yet another great chapter I know its not Jim's style but I'm waiting for him or someone to go off on Michael his childish behavior sometimes gets on my nerves when I watch The Office its weird I know but what the heck
Dagenspear chapter 2 . 3/9/2011
Wow. Michael is such a douche! It's easy to forget how he was in the first seasons, but this totally felt like something Michael would've done. Michael and Dwight. Saying Dwight's a douche kinda goes without saying. Even though... I just said it. Lol.

Very interested and excited to see what happens next!

Hurry up please!
GailTheFish chapter 2 . 3/7/2011
Great chapter! I'm really enjoying this so far :-)
Assassin's Creed superfan chapter 2 . 3/7/2011