Reviews for Thief: The Gates of Knowledge
Desiree1717 chapter 3 . 8/31
I cry every time i reread this unfinished piece of awesome. Well done.
G-POW chapter 4 . 3/30
You've got me hooked. This site is missing great Thief stories like this one.
Kirk chapter 4 . 11/9/2014
Grrrr...ended too soon!
Magisterium chapter 4 . 9/14/2014
I'm not even familiar with this particular game, but this was so incredibly well written and engaging I could not stop reading. One of the best fics I've read on this site, one of the better steampunk stories -period- and despite the evil cliffhanger, I enjoyed this immensely. If you ever decide to continue with this, I'd read the heck out of it.
Ryir chapter 4 . 6/22/2014
Please update soon! The cliffhanger is killing me!
Redwood Rhiadra chapter 4 . 4/6/2014
It's really too bad this is unfinished - you've captured Garrett's voice rather well.
selene344 chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
Oh no! Garrett has been shot! DX
selene344 chapter 3 . 3/2/2013
And so our plot thickens. :)
Yes, I have an over fondness for bad puns. :P

I really ams enjoying this, how your twisting the old stories/games into it, and I really do love how you are writting the characters.
And making Garrett see his soul, which we all know, he spends his entire games trying to deny having . :)
selene344 chapter 2 . 3/2/2013
I am very into this story. :)
selene344 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Yay, someones writing fanfiction for THEIF!

And might I say, you write it extr-awesomely well. :)
And you seem to have Garretts character down pat.
Selbie chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
Man... There is not enough fics for this fandom. You're off to a great start with this fic. I hope someday you will come back to it... I would love to read more. Alas, I, too, am guilty of setting aside fanfics. Then I usually forget where I was going with the plot line and they sit rotting forever in a folder inside a folder inside a small partition on my storage drive, never to see the light of day ever again. *eyes my thief fic of about 10k words that sits unfinished for four years and has been transferred to three different computers in that time* I can't believe it's been that long since I have played those games. They are by far my all-time favourite.

The only thing of critique that I can give you is: instead of using hyphens to offset phrases, try parentheses instead. I kept thinking you were hyphenating words and stuff. Or an "em dash" which is essentially a longer hyphen. That would work too. _

It's mostly a stylistic thing. However you end up doing it is ultimately up to you. I tend to use dashes when the phrase I wish to emphasize is at the end of the sentence, and parentheses when the phrase interrupts a sentence.

Keep up the good work. *bookmarks this fic on the off chance it will be continued*
Guest chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
This is so well done! I love that you're tackling a story after Deadly Shadows. I love your writing style and the way you keep to Garrett's personality perfectly. Please don't stop writing! I want so badly to finish this!
Desiree1717 chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
Wow! I really like this one! You've got a few minor spelling mistakes, but for the most part it really is excellent. I hope you finish it, because I'm itching to know what happens to Garrett.
fl333r chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I am so glad to have stumbled upon such a precious piece...

rednightmare chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
I must say, it's great to hear Garrett's voice again! You write him very comfortably, and the familiar tone - as least for me - removes all the awkwardness that can often accompany first-person tales. I surely wasn't expecting to see Perry show up! You've already worked quite a cast of characters into your story in fresh roles (interesting what you did with the inspector!), and it's been a great fun to read. The boy is a curious new addition, as well.

Nice job! I'm really enjoying this.