Reviews for One Day Late
fan-atic chapter 1 . 7/27
See, it started out with that sort of doomed hilarity of "whoopsie-daisy"...but then it got progressively more horrifying, and now I'm just sitting here, downright disturbed. Hrm.
pheonickx chapter 1 . 7/17
That is fascinating thought omg, what a sad list of potential possiblities...
The Richmaster chapter 1 . 4/9
This was really quite sad, just thinking about Luffy endlessly, fruitlessly, journeying across the East Blue searching for something that is long since gone.
And while it wasn't made mention of, I worry for what happened to Coby since he would probably try reporting Morgan like in canon but this time there would be no one to save him from the Captain's wrath.

It was well-written and I can;t help but imagine similar scenarios in regards to other shows and books and I'm not liking what my mind is coming up with.
Razor Raven chapter 1 . 3/11
Wow, when Smoker said Heaven itself had special plans for that young pirate, he was RIGHT.

All this makes a depressing amount of sense, as the odds are against anyone else being around to put a stop to these tragedies, although c2t2 has a good point about Mihawk, so Sanji and Zeff might have lived.

I'd say you covered all the points nicely, and the vague description in each case somehow ADDS to the horror instead of taking away from it.

Nicely done!
Raj8 chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
An interesting idea but I was admittedly wondering about what adventures Luffy would get into the future or even if they would end in tragedy.
ilovecats86 chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
I really enjoyed this, though I had to stop every once in a while because OUCH, it hurts to think of Luffy's crew dying without meeting him. Nami's and Usopp's hurt a lot, since they confirmed that Luffy would never even SEE anyone destined to be his crew. Coco village is doomed as well, Yosaku and Johnny likely can't be saved from the rock on time, and so many other losses. I wonder if ANY of the Strawhat's deeds would be picked up by someone else?
drizma chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
I'm glad I finally found a story like this, even if it had some flaws.
good story
Kagamine Miharu chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
*sobs in the corner*
Oh God. Luffy was only one day late! TAT
this make sense, though, ironically *sobs* Zoro would've died, Nami get killed, etc.
and moreover, ACE! TwT
It'd be waaaayyy too late when Luffy heard about his brother's death, yeah *sobs*

Nice one!
c2t2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
That's horrible! (In a good way!)

I've had a fic like this swirling around in my head for a while, but it was slightly less depressing.

Brook and Usopp end up exactly as you said.

Nothing happens on Sky Island without Luffy acting as a catalyst.

Zoro lives - He breaks the ropes tying him up when he realizes he's been double-crossed. He's weak from hunger, but adrenaline and rage make for bursts of unnatural strength. He goes back for his swords at some later date and continues on his way as an outlaw. I'd like to think he and Luffy would still meet up sometime later. Destiny and all that.

Nami probably lives, but she'd actually be better off dead. She's resourceful enough to escape Buggy. However, Arlong still betrays her and turns over her collected ransom to the marines, and she either mentally shuts down and goes truly evil, or after her village dies in their siege on Arlong Park the fishmen no longer have any leverage to keep her loyal. They either turn her loose or she stays willingly because there is nothing else left for her in the world.

Sanji is okay. He and Zeff fight Don Krieg until Mihawk arrives to finish what he started. (There's no Zoro to distract him from his purpose)

Chopper never leaves Drum. He stays with Dr Kureha. If it becomes necessary, he'll use three Rumble Balls and take out Wapol... with a ton of collateral damage.

Everything beyond that has changed so much that it's impossible to say what would happen to Vivi, Franky, and Robin.

I guess I should actually write this now...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2015
I...I can't bear to read this. It's a brilliant idea, definitely, but it's such a terrible, depressing scenario...
My brain basically shut down after Zoro died...*drowns self in chocolate fudge in an attempt to chase off depression*
Wordlet chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Stop. Stop right now, darn it I'm already crying! WWWHHHHHYYYYY. This only proves my theory that fate is completely on Luffy's side. Luffy is meant to be Pirate King because everything turns out just right just barely. Only for Luffy. That and the fact that if Luffy doesn't become Pirate King everything is just gonna go downhill. I like thinking that Luffy is an imperative part of the world, because that's what he is in my life:P :) Nice *sniffle* job...
Mystery Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
It's kinda weird when you think of it. Everybody on Luffy's ship would've died if he hadn't interfered. Zoro destined to be shot by marines, Nami stabbed by Buggy. Usopp and his village burned to the ground by Kuro, Sanji and the Baratie being sunk under the sea. Chopper, lonely on Drum Island eventually being caught by Wapol to be executed for being a doctor, Robin killed by Crocodile mercilessly. Franky being arrested by CP9 to be executed at Enies Lobby and Brook left to wander the Florian Triangle for eternity. I find it ironic. None of them wanted or intended to be pirates - with the exception of Usopp - but ended up that way. And though some may regret it at times, they realize they wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Because of Luffy. :) Thanks for Speculation piece. Amazing.

- Mystery Guest
Mayu Nakashima chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
well... that's... WHAT THE HELL WITH BREAKING PEOPLE'S HEART LIKE THAT? T.T
The Phantom Dragon chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
ah, how little do people take note of the tiniest details that set the world spinning and instead take for granted
XxCarneliaxX chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Wow, you have the best ideas ever! How do you come up with them? All of your stories are brilliant! Keep it up