Reviews for Morbid Curiosity
Ghibli Ninja chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Pretty good for your first time writing for this pairing. You're right in thinking that it's hard to keep Cloud in character, and a lot of authors fail at doing so. But you hit the nail right on the head with Cloud, which is veeeery impressive and I applaud you good sir (if you are a sir). I like how you explained why Cloud decided to stay at the church. I never thought about it that way before, but going to a place where he would be constantly reminded of his (imaginary) sins is totally Cloud.

I also love how you showed how much Tifa knows Cloud. You didn't overdue it. And the fact that she understood why he wouldn't go save the kids but was still disappointed in him, made her character that much better and almost picture-perfect. I feel that die-hard Tifa fans who try to write her in their stories, sometimes mistake her to be an all too patient, understanding person who forgives and forgets any wrongs done against her, making her seem like a saint or an angel sent directly from God above! Don't get me wrong, Tifa does forgive a lot of people and gives a second chance to almost everybody (and she does have a perfect body). But does that mean she doesn't feel anger or resentment at all? Of course not, for Tifa has her own flaws and problems just like everybody else. In fact, your story even proves that she feels guilt for causing the death of many people, although, like with Cloud, it was not really her fault in the first place. The difference between her and Cloud, is that she's strong enough to face it and move forward.

Anyway, enough rant and listing endless facts about Tifa which I am sure you're already aware of.
Great job. Besides a few grammar errors, this was almost up to par with some of the best Cloti fics that I've read :D
Fenrir chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I liked it. You captured Clouds personality well. This was probly what was really going on in the ex-soilders head the whole time and you didnt just make Tifa spam uncharicteristric hatred towards Aeris. All in all it was well writen with minimal grammer mistakes. And since im horrible with grammer I say good job (Which is an understatement) to you.
Circle of Phoenix chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I... have never seen Cloud and Tifa put so well together. Wow! You really know your stuff. I'll be looking forward to more fics. :)
Ava Chanel chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
I liked, yes I did. :) I agree that Cloud is a bit of a toughie to write, especially in anything remotely part of the romance genre, so I feel your pain. He's just not an emotional guy, ya know?

Vincent is dark and broody so writing him isn't as much of a challenge, I find. Plus, it's totally believable that the dude is a hopeless romantic. :P Whereas Cloud...is a headcase.

I find it pretty interesting that you basically wrote a scene from the movie with your own twist (but made it better because of the CloTi parts :P). It's creative and definitely different. I think you kept both characters quite in check. Although some find Tifa's nagging annoying, I think she was being nice- she should have punched the emoness out of that kid. :D

Ahem. Overall, I think you did a good job! There were only some minor grammar mistakes here and there but a quick read-through would fix that. If this was your first attempt, I think it's pretty impressive! Took me ages to write Cloud remotely correct. :P

My fave part was where you brought up how much Cloud needs Tifa and how that fact was simply forgotten due to his emoing. It felt so raw and so true; I think at some point, he did forget and started taking the girl for granted. So I appreciated that perspective; never would have seen it that way if it wasn't for this.

I look forward to future CloTi stories from you! :D