Reviews for Still Up There On the Mountain
Jesco123 chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
So much love for this chapter...

Love clever Tony who thinks on his feet and puts clues together faster than anybody else.

Love Tim who trusts Tony, chooses to speak up for him and has his six in every possible way.

Love the fact that you managed to show how wrong Ziva is behaving (and yes, I do believe this is not over the top and could actually happen on the show, although there McGee would probably join in instead of confronting her), but you're still not beating on her while she's down. There's no solution or happy ever after, but it's not that bad that she's thrown out either. Although she should be - and that's probably the only point I feel I want to criticize here. What if Tony hadn't been fast enough and McGee hadn't reacted the way he did? What would Ziva have told Gibbs? Would it have been enough? What about next time? Will she follow his lead then? This could have ended badly and it should have been communicated to Gibbs. On the other hand...I'll just pretend he either figures it out himself or gets Tony to tell him over cowboy steaks. Because he did sense something being wrong.
Jesco123 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
I have to admit, I am sometimes not sure if I like McGee or not. Actually, on the show I often don't like him. In fanfic, it obviously depends on how he's written. I like all the guys in NCIS (more than the girls probably), with Tony being the favorite by a huge margin. I can live with fic that aren't exactly McGee friendly, but I do prefer a strong brotherly relationship between the two. Your McGee is awesome, because not only does he know Tony, he's not afraid to tell him the truth and challenge him, but even more he seems to acknowledge his own short comings (when they almost talk about the golden boy phase). And I love how he notices what or better who still bothers him.

Now when it comes to Tony's analysis of Ziva - I totally agree with it. And that's what's bothering me when it comes to Tiva - she's treating him exactly that way and he isn't that stupid that he'd fall for someone who treats him like that. No way. Unfortunately every damn tv shows needs some couple stuff between the characters, so there you go. Anyway...I hope you break from canon and let someone say something to her...
JENTWCSINYFAN2 chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Nice nice both parts very noce
lovinlife48 chapter 2 . 10/8/2012
This was such a nice story. I like how McGee is strong and a good friend. I do wish Gibbs would have somehow found out but it is believable since he has a weakness for those daughter types. I loved it!
saisoto chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I like the way you write this one. Don't think Ziva would act like that, but love how McGee defends his friend.

BTW I'll make the drawing :)
USAFChief chapter 2 . 8/28/2011
I don't know about Snoop, but it helps me a bit, although I'd still like to see Tony and Ziva visit Selwin again. The old man might have some advice for the two of them.

Just a thought.

Lidil chapter 2 . 6/18/2011
Well done!
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Oh scouse, i really do love that you had to guts to bad mouth ziva some hehe...she has been acting quite badly towards Tony recently and i don't like it either because he still at least cares about her...unlike her, she just seems to flaunt everything in front of him saying she is soo much better than him...Awesome job :D Well done !...i really loved that Timmy was so friendly...i really love your way of Tony and Timmy's brothership, its pretty epic ! :D
TesubCalle chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
I've finally got some time at my disposal to read (Spring Break!) and enjoy.

Being a card-carrying member of the 'no-romo' club, I'm secretly pleased that this was not a TIVA tale. It was just full of all kinds of Tony awesomeness.

Timmy is certainly finding ways to shine in your fics these days, too! I adored his honesty and his 'mission' to get through to both Tony and Ziva.

It's appalling to think that Ziva would discount anything Tony might say, but the scary thing is that she does have a record of treating him rather shabbily. I was extremely pleased that Tim was able to see right through her and point out a few things that needed pointing out.

Thanks for writing this, and thanks especially for the moments with Lucy. :-)

BTW - Arthur Hastings better not even think he can touch his ex-wife, Tam, Sunny, Keshowse, Patch, Polly, Lucy, or our intrepid NCIS agents. What a foul and despicable man!
cheekymice chapter 2 . 3/20/2011

And why is it that the trolls always post anonymously ...weird that huh? Ignore the silly person as she doesn't understand the concept of 'fiction' rabid to care that the story is cracking. ;)
Fivetimesthelove chapter 2 . 3/9/2011
I enjoyed this story very much and thought that the characterisations were very good and the story well told.

For me, (a novice writer) one of the benefits and attractions of the FanFiction site is the freedom to write my stories how I see the characters. The freedom of speech, yeah?

What is particularly sad is when writers are vilified for expressing an opinion that differs from some readers. What a boring and tedious world this would be if we all thought the same and what a sad and dark world it would be if we tried to suppress the creativity of others, simply because we disagreed with their opinions.

Many people have tried that over the years - we call them despots, tyrants and dictators.

I am not surprised that Saddened Monkey is sad. She keeps ignoring the warnings placed by authors to assist readers to AVOID the stories they may have a problem with. Why would she do this unless she was particularly looking to upset another writer - and to do so ANONYMOUSLY - how brave!

Pity, because I'm sure that many of us could respond to her challenge and list the examples of moments when Ziva HAS disobeyed Tony in the field. The episode Cloak is one - she was specifically ordered (by Gibbs and Tony) not to engage the Marines...and yet she did.

Sadddened Monkey - if you don't want to be sad anymore - pay attention to the warnings and read the stories that you are more likely to enjoy. But if you'd rather be a monkey - ignore the warnings and keep leaving scathing ANONYMOUS reviews. The choice is yours.
sarahsrr chapter 2 . 3/9/2011
Great second part. And yes no one talks bad about little Lucy. And Gibbs concern about Arthur seeking revenge is very real now after the threats he made to Polly and Patch. Love you bringing old characters including Kath back. Loved the serious Tony taking the lead here while staying put at NCIS.

And Tony real realizing Hastings threats were real and Caspar Horowitz from Tonys Baltimore days. But by the time he made the connection the team was gone. So he calls Ziva who dismisses him and disobeys Tonys frantic request. So he rushed down to Abbys lab to stop them from going in. Thankfully Tony got Gibbs to stop the team from going in and gave them the warning about the trap. Then he updated Gibbs on the old case. Gibbs asks why he didnt call Ziva. Loved the Abby was closer but then sh'e always listen to Tony about everything.

And thankfully Tony stayed put and the caught Caspar before he could kill everyone. And thankfully Tim talked to Ziva and set her straight about Tony. Loved how you added a case where we could see the Tony we all love with danger and no whumping this time. And a chance for Tim to set Ziva straight as they need to on the show. You did great and cant wait for your next work!

Belker chapter 2 . 3/9/2011
Noooo - it's too short! I want more Kath, more Patch, more heroic Tony and more brotherly McGee! ;)

Oh well, I'm glad you gave us this extra material (like on DVDs) with Ziva shaping up at the end. I don't believe she's malicious at all, but like you described, doesn't take Tony seriously at all times.

sarahsrr chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Sorry for taking absolutely way too long to finish reading and leave a review. Please forgive me!

Well wonderful as usual! Loved little precious Lucy making an appearance in your sequel! And glad Tony was able to open up to someone other than Abby even if it was a baby. I loved Tony'd fatherly love for her and how calm and relaxed the little thing made her.

And so glad that Tony and McGee finally had a mature conversation. I am sure McGee was concerened about Tony and they got it all out to why they have trouble having a serious conversation and why. They both have a hard time expressing their feelings. Which is why they both joke around so much. But glad they were able to actually talk and truely have the long needed serious conversation.

And glad they had the needed discussion about Ziva and why they never talk any more. And that Tonys tired of the tension and the fact that she is cold toward him and always treating him as less than competent and trying to fight all of his battles. And expecting him to oogle over him and be so obsessed over her love life. But it all went kaput when Ziva called Lucy a thing. Well done and you really hit the nail on the head when you truthfully described the relationship and the anoyingness of Tony and Ziva's relationship and the fact that Tim and Tony arent even friends on the show anymore. But well done and fantastic job! Sarah
Madances chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
Thank you for this chapter. I enjoyed it very much. Tracy