Reviews for Drive
Goes Boom chapter 1 . 8/27
Found this poking through others favorite lists...

Awesome story, you write young Dresden really well. McCoy too, though granted we haven't seen a whole hell of alot of him in series.
Evia Wingjade chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
That was very sweet. I'm not sure what the canon version of the Blue Beetle's acquisition would be, but I like your version quite a lot ;)
Thanks for sharing your idea with us!
GenJordan chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
I like the story, thanks for writing & posting it.
CommChatter chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I always wondered how Harry got the Bettle. Good job
Celesta SunStar chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Great one-shot, I especially like the line; "Magic; phenomenal cosmic powers, no working stereos for thirty yards."

Really, very nice story.
kinigget chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
the story works, it even sounds plausible. Nice job.
Morrolan chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Love this.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Liked this.
Jabberswife chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
I love this. The story of how Harry got the Blue Beetle needed to be told. Bravo!
templar627 chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Nice oneshot, I really liked the feel of it.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Nice and sweet. It would be wonderful to see more of Harry in his early years, like in that private investigation course.
detepe chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Just reread this. The line about "factory preset emotions" made me laugh outloud.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I think I might be falling in love with your writing. This was lovely.
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
This story is so cute, Harry finding his Car. Thank you! Favorite quote:

Harry walks the length of the parking lot, passing a gorgeous sixties model Mustang, black and gleaming chrome, but too high-maintenance. He doesn't like working on cars – if you don't have the innate motorhead proclivities, it's just uselessly frustrating.

Never mind the fact he doesn't combine well with flammable liquids. Kablooey.

There's a rusty silver GMC truck in his price range, but he doesn't want a truck, people just ask you to haul shit around for them. What a pain in the ass that would be (if he actually knew people).

Next, a Honda, economical but too new for his purposes – he'd short out the computer and wiring in thirty seconds if he got too angry or angsty or horny, and since those were his factory preset emotions, well…

Magic; phenomenal cosmic powers, no working stereos for thirty yards.

He keeps walking, passing a Cadillac, a Corvette, a Corolla, a Camaro. Say that five times fast. A white panel van that screams 'serial killer,' and oh boy, that's a title he'd like to avoid if at all possible.

He's about to turn and head back to Eb's truck when he catches a glimpse of faded powder blue on the far side of the van.

A second glance and he's in love. Bewitched, body and soul.

It's a Volkswagen Beetle. There's an impressive crack spidering its way across the front windshield next to the price tag, rust on the front bumper and a handful of Mardi Gras beads hanging in the rearview. Bare metal shows through the paint in places and one of the door panels is dented deep enough to bake a cake in, but the tires are new and the suspension has a nice spring to it when he leans against the hood.

He can't keep from smiling as he peers in the windows. The car's so ugly it's cute, with a sense of steely, indomitable cheerfulness about it, like it's saying, "Come on, get happy, goddammit."

Harry already gets along with this car better than eighty percent of the people he's met in his life. Maybe eighty-five.
Proud to be Plug chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This is really good. It totally fits in with canon, and Harry is completely IC.

The use of the present tense is very good. I like the effect the present tense gives to a story, but people don't use it often enough, in my opinion.

The part where Harry spotted the Beetle was great. Love at first sight! ;-) However, the best bit was definitely the ending with the private investigation thing. It was touching and happy in a way that nicely balanced out the angst earlier on in the fic.

Great work!