Reviews for A Sorting Song by Severus
Zazreil chapter 1 . 7/23
Oh thank you - either one is perfect for my Harry Potter Halloween party. I was wondering what I would do for the Sorting hat
Twilight Dusk chapter 1 . 3/20
I hope I've left this review before, but this is hilarious and awesome, and, had I been there that year, I would have been sorted into Slytherin with the ambition to be as delightfully talented at the arts of songwriting and mockery as my Professor. Bravissim(o/a)!

Rap's not exactly my style, but I may attempt the entirety of the Mack the Knife number.
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 3/20
Please, please, please can I use this in a fic? I'll credit you! :D
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 3/16
Ha ha! This is terrific. I even sang it with chorus. Aside from the one missing word, it scans really well. *wild applause* I, of course, agree with Dumbledore: this Snape's disdain for G&S shows a lack of musical appreciation and word-smithery of the highest order, not to mention the pointed satire that is probably lost on modern audiences, oh - and a lack of joie de vivre (hardly surprising)! G&S was the popular music of Dumbledore's youth; of course Dumbledore would love it!) It's a real gem.
whitehound chapter 1 . 3/5
Very clever and well-done. Btw you have a typo - there's a word and therefore a syllable missing from the third line of verse 3, which should clearly end "not be missed" rather than "not missed".
Sam chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
It's been years since I first read this and I still think it's brilliant.
SaintClaire chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Wow. Take a bow, that was a spectacular job and you have obviously worked very hard on this. I was really impressed at how every single line fitted in syllabically. Haven't seen that before.
Bananaphobia chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
I love that part about Helga's surname being ridiculous. It truly is. Had me in a fit of giggles!
EcoWarriorX chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
This is absolutely brilliant, I think it's genius,
I can't believe it's taken me 'til now to find, it's marvellous
The writing is fantastic, you've constructed it so wittily
I'm trying to learn it off by heart, my tongue's protesting bitterly.
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Hilariously good.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
BRILLIANT!
as a Ravenclaw by sorting, albeit a Slytherin by inclination, I managed my own translation, and my husband rolled around laughing when I read it out to him. Recommended to me by Astronimus Maximus.

You know, I rather see Severus liking G he is, after all, the perfect model for King Gama with a celebrated sneer... [I also had some of my pupils use Modern Major General to refer to him as the ever-sneering agalast]

I think Professor Sprout missed the point; she might have got the academically hopeless ones, but Severus DID end up with scum. Like Crabbe and Goyle, who may once have raised shy maternal ambition for them in the breast of their mothers but only if you don't discard the theory that they were actually abandoned by a trolless mother who considered them subnormal.

When are you going to write and post the rest of the Mack the Knife one?
riverrat chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Heh heh... great job!
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Hilarious and very cleverly written ;)
Guitar Amateur chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Witty poem writing - good job!
kinzeylee chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
so great. I love this song. it must have been very hard to write