Reviews for A Sorting Song by Severus
The Emerald Doe chapter 1 . 5/30
This is absolutely hilarious! Kudos to your polysyllabic rhyming abilities!
Poppysmic7 chapter 1 . 5/7
I, unlike Severus, LOVE the tune and could not resist reading the song out loud! Brava! Love it
SkyeMoor chapter 1 . 5/6
Lol! What fun!
Sprout gets all the hapless ones - Snape gets the bastards, which is entirely different.
LBibliophile chapter 1 . 5/5
While I quite enjoyed your song (and I appreciate how much effort it takes to write it), I found it was the background and commentary that made this fic for me.
Blackpantherprince chapter 1 . 4/20
Funny!:) Very well written.
Oh, this is brilliant! Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed it very much.
SarcasticallySatyrical chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
This is sheer glory in a song form, and yes, i will admit to singing it. I love the parody and the personality that comes through, and it's just a jolly good time to read.
GunsFallSilent chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
My friends sung this for my birthday (and promptly passed out :D )
Locket chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
This is so can't help but sing along.l know it's been a while since you posted this but I sincerely hope that you get this review. I'll be checking out your work as soon as my data limit is okay.
Zazreil chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Oh thank you - either one is perfect for my Harry Potter Halloween party. I was wondering what I would do for the Sorting hat
Twilight Dusk chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
I hope I've left this review before, but this is hilarious and awesome, and, had I been there that year, I would have been sorted into Slytherin with the ambition to be as delightfully talented at the arts of songwriting and mockery as my Professor. Bravissim(o/a)!

Rap's not exactly my style, but I may attempt the entirety of the Mack the Knife number.
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
Please, please, please can I use this in a fic? I'll credit you! :D
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
Ha ha! This is terrific. I even sang it with chorus. Aside from the one missing word, it scans really well. *wild applause* I, of course, agree with Dumbledore: this Snape's disdain for G&S shows a lack of musical appreciation and word-smithery of the highest order, not to mention the pointed satire that is probably lost on modern audiences, oh - and a lack of joie de vivre (hardly surprising)! G&S was the popular music of Dumbledore's youth; of course Dumbledore would love it!) It's a real gem.
whitehound chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
Very clever and well-done. Btw you have a typo - there's a word and therefore a syllable missing from the third line of verse 3, which should clearly end "not be missed" rather than "not missed".
Sam chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
It's been years since I first read this and I still think it's brilliant.