Reviews for A Sorting Song by Severus
Blackletter chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Amazing rhyming! I was in stitiches reading through this...though now it will be days before I can get that tune out of my head. This is the most clever rendition of the Sorting Song I've had the joy to read.
nostradamus chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Brilliant! I am (unfortunately) very familiar with the Gilbert and Sullivan song, so I started singing along while I was reading. Every single word fits! My god, that must have taken forever! And of course, it's absolutely hilarious, but that goes without saying. I loved every syllable of this, from the background info to the notes at the end.
Shirely chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Bravo! Absolutely hilarious and ingenious! Keep writing! ::wicked grin::
sucks chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
you suck as a writer stupid cock sucker
Zoloft chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
Oh Sphinx, that was brilliant! It must have took forever to write, the whole story behind that is helarious! I tried to write a sorting hat song once and came upp with the same problem; there really aren't enough different adjectives not to make them all sound horribly repetitive! But this one is incredible, I love all of your notes, and I hope that you do get around to writing Snape's first one, and Professor Jordan's rap. And yes, I think that it definately will be one hell of a chapter.

-Zoloft
Normandie M chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Very humourous and witty. I most certainly like your work.~Normandie P.S Thanks for reviewing 'Credo' too.
jodelfromaol chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Oh that IS fun! And, yes, I am sure it took a LOT of work. (Someone here on did a filk of "I've Got a Little List" from the Mikado. It's not bad, but I think this took more effort.
Strega Brava chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
I am going to be completely un-constructive and tell you that I loved this wholeheartedly. Okay, now for the contructive part. The notes were priceless (I can't wait to see Professor Jordan's rap version...maybe with the Weird Sisters providing the necessary instrumental back-up). The song itself was clever and seemed to be in the style of the enigmatic Potions Master. In short, I really enjoyed it!
carol chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
At the end of a particularly miserable day,

I slink home with my equally miserable pay.

And seek solace in yoga, both hatha and tantric,

Then turn for distraction to Sphinx for some fanfic.

And behold, my blue Monday is suddenly golden,

And in gratitude I find that I am now emboldened

To express my pleasure in your glorious verse

Through my own, quite well-meant, though undoubtedly worse.

You graced my day with Severus's malicious hilarity

And gave my dour outlook some much-needed clarity:

For life's rarely simple, whether you're down or you're up,

And a Slytherin always finds a way to refill her cup.
Goddessnmb1 chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Great job- but you aren'te telling me you DON"T like Gilbert and Sullivan, are you? I actually haven't heard the song in a few years, so it was a little difficult to hear the words (if you know what i mean...if I know what I mean...)but I still though it was excellent, and I really, really, can't, wait to read the entire scene!
Ms Katonic chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
WOOHOO! YOU GO GIRL! Yes, yes, and you too Severus. What can I say? Had me in hysterics and has cult classic all over it. Simply wonderful, although I'm not certain the Latin scanned too well (but that could just be me). Very good - love the way he manages a dig at every house other than Slytherin, while being very subtle about it. Excellent work, Severus. Even better were the footnotes and ANs - I really want to hear the Mack the Knife one now. And as for Professor Jordan's 2006 rap one... I cannot imagine. What next, Professor Johnson's garage version? Professor Virginia Weasley's chillout tune? Professor Ron Weasley's Prog Rock epic including twelve minute guitar solo? The possibilities...
Sezstar chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Very funny, best sorting hat song I've read! Just so funny! And I would love to write the rap but unfortuantly have no talent! I love this story, and am still a loyal reader!
Semmel chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
COOL! I like it very much.
Ailura Starscribe chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
this is FANTASTIC! i laughed so hard that now people think i'm a nutcase. but i'm really not, i just think this is one of the best takes on the sorting hat song i've ever seen... i wrote one into my own story but it's not as good as yours. long live gilbert and sullivan, and rowling!
Silverfox1 chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
Love it! ... But what does Albus do with teachers who have no talent for poetry? It's a rather difficult thing to write a song. (Myself I might be able to handle writing some sort of text, but there's no way I could make it fit any sort of tune.) ... Are we gonna find out what the Gryffindors reaction to this was? I'm really curious to see that.
480 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32