Reviews for Standard Issues
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
And thus, a crazy Internet fan-theory is born. Nerds over-think things way too much. (I mean that in the nicest possible way. I'm on this site, aren't I?)
Maybeawriter chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
HAHA! Oh my gosh, I love this! You take a (slightly obsessed) comic books fan, give them what happened near the end with no context, and it's really not THAT crazy of an assumption, is it? XD Awesome!
(Less standard than your typical comic book... Sounds like a rather nice way to sum up Megamind as a whole!)
OrangeAfterglow chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Ok, I really love the fact that a bunch of RPGers are sitting in the back of a comic book store in the middle of a post-apocalyptic Metro City! The analysis they give is brilliant!

Very funny.
DesertDragon chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Yes! This made me recall my first impressions while watching the movie for the first time - before Hal gets hit with super powers, and Megs and Roxanne are fighting over the gun I remember thinking "with that gun, the story could be taken so many different directions depending on the outcome". And one guess, besides Roxanne being hit, was that Megamind would shoot himself by accident and have to be both hero and villan (which wouldn't have worked for his emotional story arc), but its till fun to think about. And a fun, and well-written idea! Kudos

~Misty
Bug McGuirk chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
As I read the first few paragraphs of this, I laughed a lot. I think it is written for all us RPG and Nerdfighters out there. Only replace D&D with some older game, like Rampage or Gates of Zendocon for Lynx...I like the way you write, but I did need a dictionary for some words lol.

Your story is very light and funny, but what is most funny is a lot of people are like Greg and his buddies! So it's easy to relate to. It makes them seem more real, and that's kind of a big deal, since this is such a small story.

It is a very interesting idea, though, but I don't think Megamind could do it for long. Then again, as long as Roxanne or any pretty girls weren't around to distract him, maybe!

Now...I want to read comic books all day and play games.

-Bug
kitten spirit chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
This was great! I loved the D&D stuff at the beginning (MIA Dungeon Masters are very annoying).
Dreamsinger chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
What a fascinating concept! I wonder if Megamind ever DID disguise himself as Metro Man...after all, he had the template in his disguise watch...
BillyTheMadHatter chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Wow... This feels so like something a friend of mine would say. Standard. Although that movie made a game of subverting the superhero genre to hell and back. Considerably LESS standard than most, indeed.
Kimauri chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
You know, that *would* explain why he wasn't charged with murder, wouldn't it? Genius.