Reviews for Forgive Us Our Sins
sweetandsaltyff chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Wow, what a unique, gutsy, thought-provoking, beautiful story! I really loved the examination of love and the surrender to it that Edwards recitation of the Song of Solomon invoked. It was both beautiful and reverent in the moment, and contained deep meaning that transcended that experience alone. It causes one to consider all of the meanings and taboos that our human culture has laid upon the natural acts and experience of sex and love through the ages. The love between your characters was palpable and gorgeous, and the scripture recitation was enough to make me swoon. Wonderful job exploring something so profound and different, and making it utterly lovely. Brava! Xoxo :)
REMEMBERMRSLCULLEN4EVER chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
THIS WAS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN. I LOVED THE WAY YOU USED THE BIBLE VERSES THROUGH OUT THE STORY. I CAN NOT EVEN DESCRIBE IN MY OWN WORDS HOW THIS STORY MADE ME FEEL. I WILL DEFINITELY READ THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN. THE VERSES EDWARD QUOTES...MAKE ME WANT TO LOOK THEM UP.

MY FAVORITE LINE IS..."I AM MY BELOVED'S AND MY BELOVED IS MINE"

THANKS,

LCULLEN
FreaKiki chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Wow! That was so amazing! I loved every minute of it because while it was amazing it was constantly making me think. I also really loved that he quoted the bible as they made love! Again so breathtakingly amazing!
JasperLuver48 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
very interesting indeed... well written. definitely nothing I've ever read before :) great job!

xoxo
tuesdaymidnight chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Oh! That was absolutely lovely. The language you used throughout the entire thing was positively poetic. I really like the theological questions this brings up, too. I think sometimes people take a narrow notion of love and use that to decide what is right and wrong, but you've painted a beautiful picture of a sacred union.
TKegl chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Mmmm...so naughty! But also very beautiful and really well-written. Great job! Good luck in the contest!
Mia-63 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Every angle, loophole, and resisting argument in my own mind for a valid reason as to why this would be scandalous was squashed by Edward’s eloquent words. Simply beautiful.

‘You who dwell in the gardens with your friends in attendance, let me hear your voice.’

Song of Songs 8:15
eva667 chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
This story made me smile, mainly at the thought of the pious, holier than thou, church goers who would be horrified at what had happened in their precious church :-)
unlikelymember chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Nice, well thought out one shot. Thank you for sharing.
sessahhh chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
That was wonderful! So well planned and perfectly executed. I loved the religious texts added in there. Great job with this one and good luck in the contest.

I thought the use of this line: "My beloved is mine and I am his" over and over. It was wonderful.
KellanCougar chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I found this stunningly beautiful. Best of luck in the contest.
Pyejammies chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Simply, wow!
HeartOfDarkess chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
loved it! beautifully written :)
insanemum chapter 1 . 3/4/2011