Reviews for Above the Waves
littlesniper chapter 18 . 4/26
thank you for the story, i absolutely love it. So sweet and happy, I love jack, who's so sweet and perfect in this story and rina, who's kind yet can survive with the best of them. lovvvvveeeee your story.
Her Knightship chapter 18 . 3/9
I loved this so much I read it in a day. I don't review often unless I actually like the story from start to finish and you deserve all the praise you get for this.
Just...Thanks n' stuff (I don't have a way with words).
XxRin-sanxX chapter 1 . 1/23
Dull? How could anyone find this chapter dull? This was an amazing first chapter and introduction to an amazing, fun ad creative take on mermaids. This chapter did everything it was supposed to in a good way: it gave us a look into the lore of mermaids, a short and sweet introduction to the main heroine and set up for another chapter and more to come. Really, I only have a few minor things I disliked about this and that was the sometimes...odd pacing. At times it felt like she was just bouncing from thing to the next. I do say minor, though, because from what I gathered while reading, that's just how the mermaids are in this story. Always moving, never really settling and always ready and eager to explore. My last one is the ending to the chapter, I dunno it was felt so very abrupt to me, like there should have been another sentence or two. Still, minor. All in all, I really liked and did not find it dull at all! Can't wait for Jack

Rin
saashi samy chapter 18 . 12/14/2014
very sweet

i really like the story
DracyGiuliana chapter 18 . 7/20/2014
Aww god! My heart!
This story... it's special. It's one of those stories that sticks with you. Those are rare, so I compliment you on your talent to make one. There are several things I would like to say. Better start at the beginning:
In the A/N at the end of chapter one you apologized for it being rather dull without Jack present yet. And, honestly, it wasn't dull at all, in fact, it was incredibly interesting to see (your version of) life as a mermaid and I can honestly say I wouldn't have minded the story to be just about life as a mermaid, even though I appreciate this story in all its glory!
One of the things I especially love is that your mermaids are so... i don't know, normal? concerning their eating habits. Now, I adore 'The little Mermaid' but I always wondered what merfolk eat. I mean, in the movie they are friends with basically every sea creature except predators like eels or sharks. So I love how Coral or Marina just casually stabs a snail and eats it in the beginning and that she sorts through the fish for the crew. Which brings me to my next point. I love the way she wins the crew over through her knowledge of fish and attentive listening to stories and makes them happier with better food. And that she finds her place among the crew with that is just... charming.
I also love how Coral/Marina's POV is first-person and everyone else's is third-person. And while I was reminiscing over how nice I think that is, it came to me how clever it actually is! I don't know if it is intentional or not but because Coral/Marina's POV is first-person, her name is never mentioned and we don't actually get to see when or if she starts fully thinking of herself as Marina instead of Coral. Very clever!
There's probably some stuff I haven't mentioned but I can't think of more right now and I don't want to write a novel so I'm going to stop now, saying thank you that you chose to write and share this story! I loved it!
insouciantmouse chapter 10 . 4/3/2014
This is a good story, but I've just been noticing. There's this one really weird thing about Pirates of the Caribbean fanfics: whenever it's a story with a woman becoming part of the crew, in almost any circumstances, Jack and the crew of the Pearl ALWAYS change her name. It's really weird.
shika93 chapter 18 . 1/26/2014
Aww, great ending, good story.
shika93 chapter 17 . 1/26/2014