Reviews for What Pales in Comparison
angela chapter 24 . 7/10/2012
I don't often get taken in by "family fic", ut this time i did. I have only ever been involved in the X-Files fic world, so i was spoiled with incredible stories(some actually novel length) and amazingly talented writers. Imagine my delight when i fell in love with tbe Castle ficdom. Wonderful story, can't wait to continue exploring here!
lvncastle chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
OMG, this was so adorable! This even made me... LIKE Josh, which I didn't think was possible! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Water-please chapter 24 . 7/9/2012
I love this story! I had hoped for a happy ending, but in fact, there are several. Squeee! You captured the characters beautifully, and I especially liked the Kate-Alexis dynamic.

Thank you so much for sharing this great story!
nixer chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
Sweet.

Though overuse of "KB". I doubt he'd ever call her that. It's a written word kind of thing. A gesture of privacy in the context in which it was used.
nixer chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Ha.

And after what I said about the caring side of their relationship you really brought it out here, even though it felt more like a friendship. Still, nice to see.

I like this line: "Why did they all want her to promise them things?" because sometimes I really sympathise with Beckett (and so many of the other mildly traumatised, emotionally closed off heroines of tv-land) for being under this constant pressure from friends and their respective romantic interests to open up, to be honest, to be more emotional, in short to be less like the person that has "worked for them" for all of their adult lives. Ultimately, it's the right thing to do. And this aspect of the relationship (cliche though it is in TV dramas) is often the most satisfying and deep, but choosing to identify with them for a moment, I would also feel defensive and annoyed at someone - even someone I cared deeply about whose actions I knew stemmed from love - poking and pushing and prodding and trying to draw more emotion out of me, when I want my space, my freedom, my control.
nixer chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This is lovely. I think you've painted a perfect picture of their feelings for one another at this time - highlighting how much that changed in the third season, that it became a close and trusting established friendship, while they each came to realise they were in love with the other. By this stage in the series, Castle knew for sure.

I love this line: "most other cases didn't even penetrate the neatly organized boxes in her mind." because you're not saying she doesn't care about all her cases - because she DOES - you're just saying that she keeps that caring, that passion and pain, in a box in her mind, and usually that's ok, that means she can handle it.

I'm glad you paint Josh well. Despite getting almost no character development whatsoever, he was a good guy. The only thing missing is any real sense of connection or attraction between them - and I genuinely think they had one, particularly in light of the moment they speak outside the ambulances in 'Countdown'. She smiles so beautifully at Josh then, and he is so affectionate. Also he was a gorgeous man. And a doctor. Etc. etc. I think (ignoring all those fans who missed this and detested the poor fellow) the main point of his character was to be some cliche of perfection, to show that even given the "perfect man" Beckett didn't want anyone other than Castle, Beckett wasn't meant to be with anyone other than Castle - with all his flaws, and goofiness and middle-age spread. Castle is her perfect.
thousand-miles chapter 24 . 5/16/2012
LOVED it! Great how their relationship developed. This could so be part of S5 now that they finally hooked it. It fits the show. Loved everything about it. Great!
brenelli chapter 15 . 3/28/2012
OK, I know you wrote this last year, but I didn't find it until this year. Now, it's keeping me from getting all depressed about the scenes from next weeks episode. Are they *ever* going to get their timing right? Anyhow, after watching that, I started reading your story, and it gives me hope that someday they will have a future together. I love your one-shots, too, which I've been systematically working my way through. You are an amazing writer! Thanks for sharing your stories with me.
hug-me chapter 23 . 3/27/2012
Ahhhh! i love this story sooo much:D I have just sat here and read it cover to cover, completely absorbed! Thank you for such a great read!
Miracle Mirth chapter 24 . 3/1/2012
I should totally be studying, but instead I'm reading your fics! At least I'm a rebel with a cause ;)

This is by far my fav fic of yours. It's so...emotional, mature, and wonderful. I would have commented on every chapter but I couldn't stop reading! Can I blame you for that? Sure...I blame you for being an amazing writer and causing me to read and read this fic until that horrible word 'complete' came to fruition.

I may read this one again. And again and...you get the idea.
Casquette chapter 8 . 2/23/2012
SQUEE!

I usually wait until the end of the story to review but I couldn't wait any longer. You have just captured the characters so beautifully - not just Beckett & Castle but also the supporting cast.

I also love the pacing, it feels right. This is amazing. I'd write more but I can't wait to get back to the story!

Thank you thank you thank you!
Copop chapter 24 . 2/12/2012
Awesome, awesome story, and even more awesome last chapter. Enjoyed reading this so much.

Thanks for writing :)
Darksider chapter 24 . 2/5/2012
Very enjoyable.

Not quite as amazing as Finding Innocence but pretty great nonetheless.

Having read a bunch of your Castle fics at this point, i think the biggest thing I like about them is that you use angst/drama in all the right places and and in near perfect doses.

Too many writers just base their entire stories around an angsty moment whereas, to me, you seem to write the entire story first and then apply the angst where logical.

nobody does anything out of character, even though its out of canon...

I find your stories to be a great balance of ingredients, with the added benefit of being skewed heavily in flavour of romance and happy endings. :)

thanks for writing.
KS chapter 24 . 2/4/2012
Amazing! I just read this whole story in one day. It was wonderful!
evenstar710 chapter 24 . 2/3/2012
I just spent the entire evening reading your story. It was absolutely adorable and well written. There was fluff and humor and just the right amount of steaminess. I definitely intend to check out more of your stories, but for tonight I think I will finally find my way up to my bed. Maybe even have a few Nathan Fillion dreams. One can hope.
1,177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »