Reviews for Hold Time
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
SOOOOOOOOPER CUTE.
Super. Cute.
I was curling up around the edges embarrassed/delighted. My husband thinks I've had some kind of fit. Loved this. Felt authentic - the way River shows Kaylee and they all gradually catch on before Jayne is Jayne. Favourited, great job. :-D
TheLadyLeFay chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Great story. I love this, and I could definitely see it occurring.
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
*bursts out laughing* I love Jayne! "Makin' eyes." Hilarious! And River is just so damn cute! Wow...very, very good story. You capture their "voices" so well. It's literally like I just watched an episode, or something. I can see this scene so very clearly. It takes a very good writer to make the words being read seem like they're being spoken instead. I am off now to read your other Firefly stories.
tansypool chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
By God, that was adorable. Absolutely I'm-going-to-squeal adorable.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Cute story. I loved the sentence "She can't keep the secret too long and they'd all know if they opened their eyes anyway." and the phrase "points across to the not so secret secret." Those were cute. It does make sense that River would notice this new situation and I enjoyed the "covert" interplay between River and the other crew members as she shows them all what she has discovered, funny to watch all the non-verbal cues and under-the-table (sometimes literally) gesturing. Nice little story, everyone's voices sounded right and the present tense was good, I like present tense.

Riona
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Very nice, and yeah, Mal and Inara are extremely private people in matters of the heart, but it's hard to keep a secret on a boat full of family and a reader, too. I liked how Mal asked Inara what her intentions were.
Lyaksandra chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
This was a lot of fun. The characters and situations well played. Thanks.
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
First, this story is more Mal/Inara. I know that it's a friendshippy kind of Mal & River, but the Mal/River shippers who look for Mal & River fics would appreciate more of a warning.

I liked it. Totally sounds like how Mal & Inara would have a relationship, all secret like until River decided to share!
jane0904 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Very nice little tale. And I think probably Mal and Inara would try to keep their relationship secret, at least for a while, as they would be scared it wasn't going to be successful, or that they were going to hurt each other. And River feeling vaguely guilty for bringing it out ... that's right too, because even a psychic has to learn that it's not always polite to blab!