Reviews for Youthful Mistakes
HearMeRoarTyrion chapter 4 . 12/31/2013
Outch ! The slap ... it was like even merited
becgate chapter 4 . 11/17/2013
Amazingly wonderful! ! Awesome story, great writing, great characters, ...I loved everything about this fic! ! ! Love young Luke on Tatooine growing up.
Copper Kestrel chapter 4 . 10/26/2010
This was lovely - I adored Beru and Owen as characters, and love the glimpses at Luke's life on Tatooine, it was all very realistic, and Luke's group of friends were a very engaging bunch, too. All the foreshadowing you managed to fit in here, as well, was masterful, and Beru and Owen's fears came across so clearly. Obi-Wan's appearences were very well done, too - old and sad, yet still hopeful, just as I imagine him - and I loved the way you twined everything together.

All in all, an absolutely wonderful story, thank you for writing it!
ilsa27 chapter 4 . 10/9/2010
This was brilliant. There was so much depth in it - we don't get enough stories of Luke as a boy and you gave us these wonderful scenes of his experiences on Tatooine - experiences which have shaped who Luke is - before his life in the Rebellion.

Love the various facets we get of Luke - his adventurous spirit and humour with him charging off with Windy on the Dewback, and most of all how Luke is really at his core full of heart and integrity. Also you put in so many amazing moments of foreboding - the encounter with Kenobi, Luke's brief flash of anger with Windy, the tension in the Owen and Ben standoff, and I just love the moments of Luke being disciplined by Owen and Beru and how they would not budge on the issue with Luke's parents.

Thank you so much for these beautiful scenes. You write with such depth and detail.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Absolutely amazing. A rare, in depth look at pivotal moments in Luke's life that shaped who he was before the movies. There's so much character and development and such subtle caring in all this that you just don't see in most fics. The way it is written is so well put together. Great lead in, endearing relationships and character, exciting and dangerous conflict, and then satisfying resolution that resonates with the reader long after the fic or chapter is over.

Amazing story.
SD1 chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
I have reviewed this story in the past, but I know that feedback can bring a smile to ones face, more so when its an older piece of work. This is one of my favorite Luke stories. I remember reading it years ago when it was first posted all separately. I also remember worrying about losing it when first called for stories to be posted together and months went by and this one didn't change. I was worried they would pull the story down. I also noticed after you change it to fit their change in rules. Then tonight when I decided I wanted to read it again, I was worried that you had taken it down. I am glad you left it posted to the site. I love stories about Luke as a child, however I think this is one of the best. In my opinion you captured Luke's personality exactly as I would picture it.

Thank you for all your work here. I do love your story.
Madame Naberrie chapter 4 . 3/12/2006
Stupid website...*mumbles something about already logging in twice today*

Anyway.

Dang, that was good. Awesome. And now I have a plot bunny...dang! And it's not a vignette either, but an ENTIRE, BIG, EPIC tale. Drat. My muse will never shut up unless I write it. Thanks a lot.

Relax, I'm kidding. Love your story. Everybody's In-Character-with-a-capital-I. Yay.
Madame Naberrie chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Dang, that was good, and-

Ooh, there are parts! Parts with roman numerals!

BRING IT ON, BABY!

I have high expectations. :)
Treenahasthaal chapter 4 . 7/31/2005
This story was simply wonderful... I adore young Luke tales and this is one of the best I've read. Excellent!
Crystal Music chapter 4 . 7/6/2005
You know what really impressed me? (Randomly?) This part: "Beru smiled as she watched him, her look conveying to him that she was baffled at how a boy with an appetite like Luke's had managed to go for so long without food in the first place." Then he answers, and she gets all worried. I was like, Huh? why is she worried? Then ah, it's b.c. Luke had read something into her expression that was much more than an ordinary person would pick up. And then I realized why it threw me: I passed over that sentence as being the improbably detailed kind of description that's pretty much everywhere on and then ... when it wasn't ... when it turned out Luke was being Force-intuitive... I was really impressed. That was some good writing. Man this explanation isn't making sense, even to me, but ... Yeah. It was really well done.
Hermione Eveningfall chapter 4 . 4/19/2005
i just wanted to let you know I loved this story! I'm a new "Star Wars" fan, and I love Luke-so this was an awesome story! ive been looking for fics that tell about Luke's "childhood" with his aunt and uncle, and you're one of the best authors here that ive seen so far! great job!
stocktonwood chapter 4 . 3/22/2005
this fic is absolutely brilliant, it should have a million positive reviews. I adore it! I especially liked the last couple of sentences.
obaona chapter 4 . 12/23/2004
What a wonderful story. You really don't see fics on Luke and his childhood, and I don't know why - this one was wonderful. I really think you got Luke down, in both his good nature and the imperfections he nevertheless has. Owen's and Beru's fears were perfectly captured, as well as their love for Luke regardless. Biggs and Windy were lively, interesting characters, too. :)

Thanks for writing this. :D
Autumn's Fire chapter 4 . 10/27/2004
Wow...

That was really awesome. Seriously, this is one of the *best* early Luke stories I have ever read. Kudos.

I hope you don't stop writing. You've got real talent.
hewgleymom chapter 4 . 5/4/2004
I really love this story. It is so sweet and makes us feel like we know Luke before all the great events of his life and helps us to create a picture of him and what shaped his life. Please continue on with this story and SOON. I loved seeing Luke and Owen bonding. So many stories paint Owen as a bad person, I just think he had an awesome responsibility thrust on him and he really wants to be a dad to Luke but he just knows too much about the circumstances of Luke's heritage. It isn't like he wasn't around when Anakin turned and he rightly fears the Luke's future. Maybe he has a little Jedi in him. Maybe he knows what the future will bring.
Hugs,