Reviews for Renaissance

MAGOSH

AAH
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Laura.

Stop this. Stop this at once. You cannot drag me this way and that and force my emotions onto this roller coaster. I was uncontrollably laughing ten minutes ago. And now. now.

now.

oh help. this isn't even supposed to be sad. It ends happily. Neville and Ed have made that connection and things are looking up for the first time in forever and he is happy and alaksdflkshd

but I just. Now I just feel like crying. and I. noooooooo.

Gah. Laura. His thought process though. Everything about this. !

I can't.
Flaireboyant chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Neville is such a great character to do emotional fics with because he's an emotional character himself.
This is so touching, I loved it!
Millenie chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Simplemente precioso :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Really sweet! :)
Snow chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
umm... Good job... Little bit confusing.
OstensiblyInsane chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
T_T
CC-R2000 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I love this one. In the crossovers, No one really gets Ed that much...This one's pretty good...
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
The mood for this piece... is oddly pensive. I like how you conveyed the conversation without using any dialogue because it honestly sounds better like this. The () are also something I really like.
The-Alizarin-Possum534 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
:') Beautiful. Where did you get the idea?
Handmaiden of Awesomeness chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This is a very unique and incredibly written story. I love the POV you put it in and how the thoughts and words seemed to blend together to create this beautiful image of weakness and strength. It's a new turn that really puts Neville's view into perspective, because I used to could relate to that. (Not so much now though :))
Glades of Grey chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
That was...I mean that was just amazing! I deeply enjoyed Neville's POV, I think it really added something new to the fandom...not to mention the parallels you drew towards the end were really well done! Love your writing style!
kim-onka chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
First, without repeating myself, I put a huge plus in my book.

Next... Neville and Ed, it's a curious comparison to make. Not the glorious main character, but Neville, who, on the surface, could be said to be totally unlike Ed. But you caught Ed in a moment of weakness, when he is a bit like Neville - lost, upset, perhaps wishing to disappear, to lock himself away so as not to have to face the world. Like when he woke up from that dream after the incident with Nina. And then, after balancing on the verge of making Ed hugely OOC - or, of having Neville getting a very false impression - you let him pull himself together and show his internal strength. And surprising insight ;) On the other hand, when we look at Neville in DH, we can say he develops thanks to his friends and becomes a bit like Ed - takes action to help others, rebels, etc. So it all suits nicely in the end.

Also - once again about the choice of Neville - I like it that you gave a first person PoV to a character like him, one that finds the so-called normal social interaction problematic. One that fears he does something wrong, avoids eye contact, feels ashamed, embarassed a lot, plus feels very highly of people who actually go out of their way to "normally" interact with him. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit? ' Anyway, such people rarely make it to main characters, but do exist. So I'm glad you showed his perspective, and you did it excellently, as far as I'm concerned. And that Ed smiled at him :D
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Amazing as always! I'm your newist fan! So sad, but why was Nevel so sad?
Allow Me To Speak chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Allow me to be totally flabbergasted by your story. The writing is great. Neville's opinions and thoughts thrown into the narration make the story so personal. The idea of Neville and Ed befriending one another is something I had never thought of, but it makes a queer kind of sense - the kid who was forced into being brave, and the one who would be brave if people let him. Fantastic idea.