Reviews for As Flowers Bloom and Fade
the first x-man chapter 11 . 12/21/2014
For whatever reason you have decided to stop this story is your own, and you are entitled to not give us an explanation. Although I do respect your decision to stop you story and continue on to a different task in your life, it is extremely frustrating when I see a story that says if complete, but is actually not. Several times I have found stories that I got immensely involved with and found out that the story is not only unfinished, but the author doesn't have any intention of finishing it (at least not any time soon). So I decided to only read stories that said were complete. I found this story and I thought it was going to be a complete story, and what I got was a huge cliff hanger and disappointment. I am not saying you have to finish it, I'm just saying it would have been nice if you would have put something in the author's notes at the beginning, or just left it marked "in progress." Your writing is amazing, and I would like to continue reading your stories, but after this let down of believing it was finished and it wasn't makes me hesitant.
XxInume-TakahashixX chapter 10 . 11/22/2012
Im mad I've been away from this stroy for so long! I had to read all over again(not that I minded) but aww I love it and your writing still ceases to amaze me. I look forward to seeing your future works and wish you the best on Fanfiction:)
Edwardian Elrician chapter 11 . 9/3/2012
this is a beautiful story with so much love and attention put into the characters. I feel as if I know them better now and that is what makes excellent fanfiction. I hope you finish this
fitzherbertfangirl chapter 11 . 2/3/2012
I'll admit I did get pretty excited and say, "NO WAY! AWESOME!" but I'm all right :) I just wish you good luck & blessings getting over the writer's block and back on track :)

Hugs!

Fizzy
bStormhands chapter 11 . 2/2/2012
No, no, it's okay. you're fine. I'm so glad you are feeling the help of Father in your life.

I found two things that help with times like this.

Free write. Just tell the characters that they are in a situation and they need to tell you how they got out.

Another, sounds really weird but did amazing things for me. Write the snarliest review of your own story, it must be truthful but be devastating and then somehow I end up transcending that without making it any less true. but I feel so free afterwards.

It'll be okay.
sheep1215 chapter 11 . 2/2/2012
*MAJOR UBER SUPER DUPER HUG*

I'll admit, I was a bit caught off guard to see this was an author's note, but I just want you to know that I COMPLETELY understand. And just to let me clarfy, I wasn't disappointed in YOU or anything. In fact, I really am glad that you put this here.

And oh, my gosh, I've never heard an author's note worded this appropriately! I love that you aren't afraid to speak about your faith, even amongst people who might not share it. I definitely honor and respect that.

And don't worry, I'm still sticking with you all the way! Your work is too good to abandon and your friendship is also a wonderful gift. C: I hope and pray inspiration comes to you soon and your chapter is just as good as you want it to be. Take your time. There's no rush. Like I said, this story's just too incredible to give up. :)

Until next time,

-Sheep1215
Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds chapter 8 . 12/2/2011
So, I was originally going to review for every chapter, but I was looking for something. I found it too. You see, what compels me about your writing, is that whether intentional or not, it does have deeper meaning to it. Now, the subject of change in mentioned a lot in this story, mostly in Eugene's form. However, I've noticed that you've incorporated that topic into each and every one of the characters. Think about how much they've changed in your story. Eugene, as stated, started out as a self-centered, greedy thief who's goal was to be alone. Now, his personality is completely different. He's sensitive, loving, and his point of view has changed. Sometimes you have to look beyond yourself to see what really matters, and that would be the person who fell in love with him.

Rapunzel also demonstrates that if you really love something, you won't forget about it. The two of them both show that actually. And once again, change talks place in the character. I seems like her entire personality was just flipped when Eugene had to leave. I guess her talents didn't really matter to her once the person who found so much value in them left.

The relationship between Mr. Lennox and Eugene is very interesting to me. It almost resembles the relationship of Jim Hawkins and John Silver in Treasure Planet. He almost seems to be that of a father figure to Eugene; caring about him, and taking him under his wig. He is just kind of like the person you want to turn to if something goes wrong. Mr. Lennox is definitely the person of reason here, yet he has a sense of humor. I find that he strongly resembles John Silver.

The King and Queen also have showed signs of change as well. The King, by the chapter, learned to look beyond his previous beliefs and see the true side of people. I'm not psychologist, but I can tell he doesn't look within people. Heck, he didn't even take the fact that Rapunzel was unhappy seriously until she wanted to leave! Glad he found this flaw now, because if it kept going like that everyone in his life would've been gone, and he'd have no one.

The Queen also interested me a bit. You had to look for the change in her character, but it was there. I could tell right away that the Queen was the more sheltered person in the family. You found this out in the earlier chapters when the King was dealing with the protection duties while her and Rapunzel were in the dining hall. She seems to have removed herself from the harmful details of things, revealing that she believes herself to be too fragile for that kind of realism. She grew as a person when Rapunzel told her her story, realizing that she has to open herself up more to those kinds of things to truly understand the way people work.

The topic of forgiveness appears a lot in this story. As a Christian myself, I know that this is displaying one of the main topics of the religion, showing love, forgiveness, and peace. This really demonstrates how a person can change, and how forgiveness in a key role to maintaining relationships. I'll use the King as an example. Being a symbol of authority, he has hardened up way to much. Soon, he started judging people based on their previous actions, not seeing the person within them. When those actions build up, he started to believe that the actions were a reflection of the way the person works. This, and the fact that he goes way too much into his work, brought him to believe that people couldn't change. Forgiveness was never an option for him. It really is important to forgive people, and that is displayed throughout this whole story.

Overall, you've cover the topics of judgment, forgiveness, and change in one story. I'm glad I read it. The emotions were real and tangible, almost as though you could feel them. I'm going to keep reading.
smileyBAM03 chapter 10 . 7/29/2011
Please update this sooon! i like this fanfic very much!
sheep1215 chapter 10 . 7/26/2011
Ok, ok, just pre-warning you...This is going to be LONG. So, uh, get a really comfy chair, grab a chili dog, maybe a comfy pillow and a soda...Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...You're going to be here a while. Hopes you don't mind!

Ok, so about this chapter. This was UBER LONG but I LOVED IT. I actually LOVEEEEE long chapters, and I don't think I've ever written a chapter over 9,000 words! (Heck, half of my chapters are my crazy a/n's...But enough about me) I can't believe this is the result of writer's block, because it's SOOOOO amazing. Heck, if this is your writer's block, then you need to be careful. If you're on full writing force, you might very well rip through the space-time continuum.

Ok, so let me give you a little bit more in detail about why I loved this chapter so much. Like I mentioned before, the length made me happy. You hadn't updated for a while (not pointing fingers...I'm not angry, just excited) and seeing a chapter this long was like seeing two chapters in one day. I had a crazy fangirl moment and read the whole thing with my eyes glued to the computer. I absolutely ADORED the whole thing. I love the unique twists and turns of your story, and one thing I especially liked about this chapter is that you had just the right amount of fluff and just the right amount of serious moments. And the thing about it is, you blended them together very well. It wasn't like, "SERIOUS. SERIOUS. SERIOUS. OH, LET'S MAKE IT FUNNYYYYY!" No. The balance in this chapter was fantastic.

Second reason I loved this so much: Your relationships. Probably my favorite parts in this whole thing were the fluffy moments between Rapunzel and Eugene, and Albert is a great antagonist. Btw, I think my table is angry at me. When I was reading this and Punzie and Eugene were about to kiss, I was like, "YAAAAAAAAAY!" and then I heard, "Princess?" and I was like, "NO!" and slammed my fist on the table. I think I hurt it. But I don't really care...I was angry. I wanted so bad to jump into that computer and strangle that boy...Or punch him in the face...Now I know how you guys feel about Robert! Hah...Sort of reminded me of him. *GASP!* Maybe they're related...UGH! THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE!

But anyway, off-topic. (I do that...) Back to Albert. Like I said, he's an EXCELLENT antagonist. He has that attitude of malice towards Eugene that you'd expect from someone like him…And his “stalker” tendencies make him all the more creepy! It worries me that Eugene chose not to go to the ball with her! I mean, I completely understand his reasoning and I see why he didn’t, but still…*Squirms in seat* All alone with the creepy creeper from Creeperville, Creepland? That just sounds creepy…

And now I’m rambling (Also something I do) but I really really liked this, and I think you deserve a decent-sized review for all the work you put into this! I’m sorry…I just have to add my favorite little quotes in here, because I thought these were just the most adorable thing…

Rapunzel snorted, shaking her head as she giggled. Stifling several more that threatened to spill, she said, "You're a goofus…"

"I'll have you know I'm the only ruggedly handsome goofus in a radius of a hundred miles."

(I actually watched a movie after reading this and the girl was like, “You’re such a goofus!” Then I quoted your thing…Out loud…A.F.B.A.F. PRIDE! Lol)

"Blondie, that would be like me saying I can't do the smolder!"

"You can't," Rapunzel replied, smirking playfully.

Turning onto his back with a look of astonishment, Eugene said, "I'm not going to take the bait… I'm not going to take the bait… I'm not going to take the bait…"

That was just the cutest thing ever.

And calling him “Albarf”? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GO EUGENE!

Ok, I really need to stop, or I’m going to end up writing a novel in one review. But before I go, there’s just one last thing I have to say. You have incredible talent. Whenever I read this, I can totally immerse myself into the story, and your writing flows so well, sometimes I just stop and go “Wow.” Your description is just so beautiful and it helps me visualize everything, and…Well, I just don’t know how to explain it, but your description, I’ll just read a paragraph and I’ll be like, “She just portrayed that so well…I would have never thought of that!” Everything you write—It just…It just fits. It’s awesome. I just want you to know that you are one of my inspirations—In fact, when you updated, you sort of broke me out of my writer’s block! Thanks SOOOOOO much!

Alright. I will stop.

Now…

Stopping.

Now.

Yup.

I apologize for this ten bajillion page review. But I really just wanted to tell you what I thought—I loved this chapter so much, and I adore this story overall!

Keep up the great work! I can’t wait for the next chapter! (I’m sure my table can, though…I see more table-banging in the future)

Your insanely-long-review-writing, eagerly-awaiting-next-chapter, psychotic-alert-clicking-every-five-seconds reader,

-Sheep1215

P.S. (Lol…I bet you’re like, “OH, GOSH…”) Awwwwww! You talked about my story down there! (Talked, commanded, whatever…) Thank you so much! :-D

P.P.S. (I apologize…) Wow. In all this crazy ranting I forgot to mention Jonathan. Ok, I was wrong. That wasn’t him…I need to stop jumping to conclusions. But I have a feeling he’s going to return! And I am anxiously awaiting that moment, if it happens…Surprisingly, I really like Jonathan! (You know, in a, “Hey, that’s a crazy awesome evil guy” kind of way…lol…

P.P.P.S. (“OH, COME ON!”) Keep up the amazing work!

P.P.P.P.S. (“You are going to break someone’s computer…And then I will break your arm.”) Just know that this is no doubt the longest review I have ever written. No joke.

P.P.P.P.P.—*Kittehkitty2 pulls out frying pan and whacks sheep1215 in the head with it, thus saving humanity from her delusional ranting.*
futrCSI1490 chapter 10 . 7/25/2011
Ugh, SERIOUSLY! Who wants to kick Prince Albert in the face, raise your hand... *raises hand*.

I really want Eugene to take him down a notch or two, but I'm glad he's "keeping his cool" as to not tick off the king. WHY CAN'T THE KING SEE THEIR LOVE LIKE THE QUEEN! Boo :-(. And where's Rapunzel's muchness? Don't wimp out on me now girl! KICK HIS BUTT! _~

Good chapter though :-). I just hope Albert gets what's coming to him!
fitzherbertfangirl chapter 10 . 7/24/2011
i JUST got your msg, so sorry I was at catholic camp :( :( :( I'll re tomorrow, I'm fixing to have to get off...but anywhoooooooooo :)

GOOD LORD. A whole dang new direction! D: this is so realistically TANGLED it's scary!:O

Sooooooooooo descriptive and lovely!

This chapter really summarized the whole situation, which I love :D:D:D

PLUS you added...AL(bert)! You paint a really vibrant picture of his entire attitude :D D:

eeeek I'm so scared! I'm a little braindead, so I'm not sure how much more will make sense...so I'll stop now, but I'll PM you tmrw, okay? :) :) :)

Love you! Keep it up, awesome lovely job!

~Kaylaaaaaaaaaaaa :D
doodleauro chapter 10 . 7/23/2011
This. Was. So. Fantastic. And. Perfect. And.

I freaked out! I got the alert and I was like: heck yeah! I'm a slow reader when it comes to my favorite couple, so it took me 30 minutes to read this, but IT WAS AMAZING. I love how I can imagine myself in the castle, creeping on Rapunzel and Eugene while they talk, on that scary prince when he smirks. (oh and by the way, I'm already planning on kidnapping the man and locking him away in an oven.. The prince is scary. Good scary because it's interesting, but scary indeed. I was frowning at the screen while I curled up into a ball and rocked myself into calmness. No joke, because I was scared he'd creep on Rapunzel like that other Rober dude from the other fanfic I read [can't remember the name...])

*thumbs up* where was I? Oh yes,

I LOVE THIS. Can't wait for more :)
fryingpanninja107 chapter 10 . 7/23/2011
yes we are talking about the same book.

i hate this prince guy. he's... augh. i dont know how to explain it but i hate the way he treats eugene.

and the pinecone on the chair was pure brilliance!

this is LONG. but it was awesome!

yes this was deep in the archive. but im glad i clicked it. and i was phyched to see an update!

keep up the awesome writing!
fryingpanninja107 chapter 9 . 7/16/2011
hi.

so when this story i am obsessed with on fanfiction isnt updated, and i want to read fanfiction, (and im on here every day if i can help it) i go to the archive of tangled fanfiction and i found THIS! ive heard of this story but i never saw it, so i checked it out. it's AWESOME! it deserves to be reviewed and put on story alert! yay!

so you are now on story alert and you have another review!
Liz McCallus chapter 6 . 7/10/2011
This is really, REALLY good.I honestly was hooked the first use good grammar, descriptive words, the right amount of action, and the right amount of thought.I really enjoy reading this, and I can't wait to read more tomorrow(it's after midnight now...)!

-Liz M