Reviews for The Diary of a Nobody
Cave Felem chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
I'm relatively new to fanfiction and very new to the pairing of Snape and Hermione. I have to say I wasn't sure about it at first: a few of the synopses I have scanned of stories featuring a younger Hermione have left me feeling uneasy to say the least. Needless to say, I'm not interested in reading about some creepy teacher/pupil affair. I was therefore delighted to find someone who has placed the relationship on an adult footing; not only that, but someone who writes with such eloquence and affinity for the characters. I would love to have a go at writing something featuring this pairing myself, but having devoured all of your material, I fear that you have already covered everything I would attempt. And, may I add, with considerably more flair than I could ever muster.

But I digress... this piece of cross-genre capriciousness has left me simply howling with laughter. I adore the tone of voice - who knew Snape could capture the spirit of Ms Jones so completely? I love the paranoia, the humour, the cynicism and the almost melancholic bittersweet undertones. I anxiously await the development of his affection for Ms Granger/Darcy... and perhaps a vodka-fuelled rendition of "All By Myself"...
muesliforbreakfast chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Oh dear, this chapter/month is bitter-sweet... poor Sev, all those memories of (some) better days tumbling down while being at Hogwarts again, having some fun with Lucinda only to find out they don't go well together - perhaps May will be better, let's hope so for him !

Keep on writing, this story is simply great !
fan chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
oh, please please write more!
blackeyedlily chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
I loved this chapter. The beginning was endearing as Snape kept expecting Lucinda to ask him out. I loved the exchanges with Potter. The ending was so bittersweet, as Severus reflected that he would never be able to open up enough to let someone significant in.
monkeemary chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Poor Severus. It's like a huge part of him is still emotionally in junior high. Even his worst enemy shouldn't wish THAT on him. At least he was kind to his date after they agreed it wasn't working. He is learning, and he's not hopeless. As I'm sure we'll see.

I am enjoying this story. Can't wait for May!
Jinxie4 chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
I like the honesty he portrays to himself in his journal. It's the only thing he seems capable of actually opening himself up to at the moment. Perhaps the catharsis will help him on the relationship front.

Too funny when he told her he was in Hufflepuff. So, she had some knowledge of the houses, yet knows nothing about his past. I'd have thought some parts of his history would have circulated the office gossip, but oh well.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Nutters4Potter chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
Poor Severus, Lucinda did not build his confidence and Hermione isn't making a good impression. I like the diary format of the story. Severus a Hufflepuff! too funny.
MollysSister chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
I almost inhaled my blue meanie cocktail when Minerva & co realized they didnt need to set him up for the night! LOL! And Potter~ giggles~!
Valmarien chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
Poor Severus. Again, I like the way you mix light-hearted entries with melancholy introspection.
writerdragonfly chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
Awesome!
angstbunny chapter 3 . 3/11/2011
*snort* I like this version of Snape. I hope he finds true love and doesn't get poisoned or humiliated by the receptionist.
Opalfire chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
Haha. Love the end of the chapter. That's a great Harry/Snape interaction.
HopefullyEloquent chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
You have me hooked here, it's a great story. Update soon!
asnapeintime chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
Very funny. Just started reading this wonderful tale and am still chuckling over the valentine chocolate incident! Can't wait to see some more positive interaction between dear old Sev and Hermione.
muesliforbreakfast chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
Hey, not only did Lucinda survive smiling up to Severus, but Severus survived taking her for a drink and being civil - wow !

And Harry doesn't fall into his little Legilimens trap... encore wow !

Did I already tell you that I love this story - well it might be redundant, but there it is...
438 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 .. Last Next »