Reviews for The Methos and Sekhmet Chronicles: The Valkyrie
Guest chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
I liked it. You do a good job of re-writing the episodes to include Sekhmet. She's a good addition to the original characters.
Wesa chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
I wrote a couple of stories where Methos met Jesus. Jesus could see into Methos' heart, and that was something Methos really needed at the time. Of course he would love and respect someone who could see past the carnage to the man underneath. Maybe he's not a Christian - certainly not in the modern sense - and maybe he didn't believe Jesus was the son of God, especially not the creator-warrior-god of the Jews - but the philosophy Jesus espoused would certainly have appealed to him. Of course, when Jesus was crucified, Methos would have been broken up about it, the first true friend he had had in a long time had died horribly. Methos would have either sought revenge or gone away in mourning, and wouldn't have been there for the resurrection, if it even happened, which he isn't sure about. So maybe not exactly a Christian, but certainly someone with a huge amount of respect for the man-cum-deity involved. It would be complicated, and I can totally see Sekhmet coming to the conclusion she did, and since a difference which makes no difference is no difference, I can also see Methos not correcting her assumption.

Don't let anybody tell you that Methos isn't a Christian. They don't know any more about it than you do. He might be closer to being a TRUE Christian than many who profess the faith. Or he might not. Only Methos would know. Until he comes out with the truth, your assumption is as valid as anyone's.
LJp chapter 5 . 3/29/2011
i loved this series. very well done.
TV appreciator chapter 5 . 3/10/2011
I liked the story and I'd be interested in finding out what happens next with Methos and Sekhmet. :-)
FanLass chapter 5 . 3/10/2011
I liked the story, are you going to write another on continuing with the next episode the four horsemen? Now that might be interesting? Keep writing about Methos and Sekhmet there a lot more stories here. :)
Anaika Skywalker chapter 4 . 3/8/2011
I've really enjoyed this story and I've been following from the beginning.

I wanted to respond to Methos being a Christian. With the way Methos is and according to what we know. He did meet Christ. Though I would think Methos would be more a scholar of all Religions, but a follower of none. After living for so long, he would have seen what religion has done to the world - such as religious wars.

So I don't think he really would follow any, but study all.

Once again, wonderful story, Abbey.
FanLass chapter 4 . 3/8/2011
Abbey

I agree with you I don't really see him getting along with organized religion very well and i see your point. As i said he was impressed with Christ. Keep writing and i will keep reading. Its a interesting angle to write a story from. I like your ideas.

Bonnie
klester1987 chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
please update quickly
FanLass chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
I like your story, i just want to see where you are going with the duel plot lines of Methos Sekhmet and Ingrid Duncan. Its interesting that you say Methos is a christian, I feel that doubtful but i feel he was very much impressed with Jesus. But hey its your story so go for it girl! The writing is good the re-witting of the Valkyrie is a not necessary to do word for word. Ok maybe not every one is like me and watched the shows so many times i can recite the dialog. Ok i need a life. But keep writing i like your stuff. I promise to keep reading.

bonnie
FanLass chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
I like you story - lots of fun and its well written. But i love Methos too! and i love to see him get the girl just once!
TV appreciator chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
I liked it Sam. One of the highest compliments I can pay to a writer is that I have read parts of their stories multiple times, or wanted to read it again and again, and I have definitely read parts of the first story with Methos and Sekhmet more than once. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in these "chronicles." :-)
TV appreciator chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This story looks like it will be a good one too. I like the witty banter, especially the exchange between Methos and Sekhmet. :-)