Reviews for If We Were Together
The Gone Angel chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Poor Amy. :"( This kinda made me think of the bad side of Amian...

Cheers,
Gone
ASparkleOfSapphire chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
I'm speechless...
That was so amazing. Your such a talented writer, that gave me chills all over.
I've never seen a story from the perspective that Amy wants to break up with Ian. That was an interesting idea and so so so well written.
Stunning :D
Marie Elaine Cullen chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Oh... :( This is sad... I was waiting for the ending where she would finally have enough, and break up with him. But that never came... And somehow, that made it all the more beautiful... :) good job!
President Snow chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Hey Summer! Snow here. _ I'm so, so, sorry for how long it took me to get to this!

Here's my review:

This was a great piece of writing! I'm blown away at the emotion in this... I think you did a really good job on writing how Amy felt- how anyone in her position would've felt.

I loved the dramatic style you've written it in too, and how un-cliche it is in this fandom. Not that I don't support Amian, but sometimes I do get a bit sick of the clique Amian happily-ever-after ending. where everyone writes Ian as the good guy who made a mistake. A different view on how everything turned out is really interesting to read. :)

I didn't spot any mistakes, so kudos to your beta! :D

Keep Writing

Snow.
Interludes chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Oh. My. Gosh.

Summer, why must you torment me with your ridiculously amazing writing?

I love the beginning statement and Amy's thoughts on it. Definitely powerful.

This story put Ian's character in a whole new perspective. Most people think that he's 'changed' and 'more caring'.

I also love how you showed us what Amy's friends had to say about Ian, and how Amy would deny whatever they said. That contributed to the ICness of Amy in your story.

That leads me to say that Amy and Ian were both perfectly IC, something I previously deemed impossible.

The ending was beautiful. It definitely was a great way to finish the piece on a high note.

I only caught one mistake.

"See, its working."

Shouldn't 'its' be 'it's'? Like, 'it is working'? But that probably was a typo.

Overall, beautifully written, and very emotional.

Thank you for writing this. It really was a nice break from the horrors of the 39 Clues fandom.

Added to my favorites. You deserved it!

Write on,

ABetterNinjaThanDanCahill
randomzchicka chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Oh wow. I never thought anyone could make me say this but, WHY DIDN'T UP BREAK UP WITH IAN? Wow, that was a new experience. This was seriously great. It could make probably one of the biggest Amian fans say that. Good job.
Cecelia S. Bradley chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Do you know how nice it is to read a good story in these times when the archive is falling apart. Well, it is. This completely makes sense with the way I think of Ian. I mean, I didn't expect it to be so drastic, but now that I've read it, I understand.

Only one error. Well, a sort of error. Where you say, "But then, I kissed him." A comma doesn't really go there. It should be "But then I kissed him." Although, since you're pausing on purpose there (I guess), that could work.

Cecily
thatgirltasha2 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Nice! It's really awesome!
Jenelle14 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Summer, this is so good. I loved it. Great job.

Ah, see how lazy I was to sign in?

Xoxo,

Jenelle
Another Artist chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
That was beautiful, Summer. :)

I only caught one little mistake when someone was talking to Amy:

"See, its working" - You probably know that that's the wrong its/it's. :)

Other than that, it was beautiful. I loved the different outlook on the couple. Although it somewhat broke my heart to read Ian act so... himself, I think this might be what actually could happen if they were ever to get together.

Good job! :D
The Girl of the Moon chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
interesting...
foreverlarks chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Brilliant. It's really brilliant, Summer.

Gosh. I love the amount of emotion in this piece. Even I could feel it: the self-doubt, the feeling of unworthiness, everything.

This - the story - gives us all a break from the sappy, cliche Amian romances nobody (but fan-girls) want to read. This is inspiration itself! (I hope I'm not a bit too heavy on the flattery. I just really loved it, Summer!)

Amy and Ian were completely IC. You're reasonings were great too. Hadn't it been for those, I would have thought Ian to have gone completely bonkers for mentioning those love lines to Amy.

Anyways, I did see one mistake. Just one.

"No, I'm sorry. I should have let you know sooner."

Because you used the Present Perfect Tense, you should use the past participle of a verb. I would have done it this way:

"No, I'm sorry. I should have let you *known* sooner."

But, still. This is going to my favorites.

Jamie
Syberian Quest chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
That was... brilliant. I adored it. :)

The emotion behind it was so extremely powerful, and I loved how you took Ian and Amy's relationship in a different perspective. It was bittersweet yet refreshing.

Grammar was great, but I caught a few teeny, tiny errors. Not at all hard to fix.

Why didn't I take that golden opportunity when I had the chance, to end it once and for all?

I believe a comma should have been before "when" because an interrupter follows.

Also, when you say "Look Amy" there should be a comma before Amy. I think there was a little something else, but I can't find it again. Overall, thought, amazing grammar.

Back to the positive - just so many things going on here. You depicted their relationship beautifully, and you nailed Ian's over-the-top perfectionism. Characters were totally IC, I could picture everything going on in my head, emotion was strong. So, yeah. Not much to say other than the fact that I'm favoriting this. :)

Loved seeing this from you!

Syberia
Klbooks chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Oh, how perfectly heartwrenching.

This is nicely done. Good job, Summer! :)

I like how you included different quotes. It was very skillfully done.

Of course, all your grammar and spelling and sentence structure and punctuation and everything are top notch. How could it not be, with you as its author?

The ending was sharp and to the point, the neat little statements were very good.

*thinks for stuff to say* Honestly, the only thing I can find somewhat wrong is that Amy should be stronger. But this is the kind of fic that downplays that.

Anyways, like I said - Good job!
The 8th Stone chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This story is awesome.

Nothing to improve on. Except... well, maybe Amy can fight against it more. She's not that weak.

9/10 :)