Reviews for Destruction of Obsession
stellarator chapter 5 . 1/30/2016
Oh please, write another Appendix in which Erik Junior meets Raoul's daughter and falls in love with her! It would be hilarious! XD
Aside from that, I really liked your story. I just left a review on Amazon and I'm purchasing the paperback version of your book. :)
MyraValhallah chapter 5 . 8/12/2015
I recently downloaded this onto my kindle and I loved it. An interesting blend of book and 2004 movie- after all in the book Christine was only learning from Erik for three months before the events of the book.
I must admit that I found the prospect of the Persian abducting Christine- no matter the reason- out of character. I love the Raoul story arc, beautifully understated compared to many I've read. I have to say though that your choice to make Christine illiterate was a strange one, after all, even in Leroux's original she can read and in more than one occasion she sends letters to Raoul. I do however think the idea of Erik teaching her to read is a really sweet one :) Cat and Little Erik are adorable.

I do have a major peeve in fanfiction: the childhood sweetheart. I know its something that happens in real life as well, but I've seen it used in SO many fanfiction stories that it's becme cliché, its something that can turn me off a story no matter how much I might be enjoying it. Your story is an exception though, I love that you closed with Catherine remaining unsure of Armand's feelings, and Armand still being shy around her.

Thank you for sharing this story, I wish I had found it while you were writing it
Chaos.Started.It chapter 1 . 6/6/2015
Bought this story on my Kindle right after you published it and I am going on to read it for probably about the 4th or 5th time. You are so incredibly talented and I LOVE your portrayal of all the characters, especially Erik with his personality and third person speech. Thank you for existing. :)

Much Love
Wynni chapter 5 . 11/7/2014
oh, this is delightful. Armand is precious!
Unauthorized Name chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Ok i dont know who you are but a response to a review showe my mine and my friends thred

A response to your review at r/6800432/

Glad to know I'm not alone! I agree, seeing his attention to detail just shows how much he treasures her :)

Thanks for reviewing!

-X-

If there was any doubt as to the vitality of their child, all was gone by the beginning Christine's eighth month. Having an inverted schedule of time was proving non-existent to their baby, and so many nights when Christine desperately wished for sleep, the baby found such times perfect for exploring the cavern of the womb and its elasticity.

And that was how she found herself awakened on her birthday. Tiny hands pressing firmly into her lungs woke her with a gasp, and she would have cried had Erik's own hand not settled comfortingly on her abdomen. She was so very tired!

"Hush now, Christine."

I dont know why this is if your ment to but yea...
inactiveeustacescrubbs chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
christine is twenty in the leroux novel, at least. congrats on the publication!
I'm disappointed chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Thank you for destroying my opportunity to read your story.
Phantasma'sRose chapter 2 . 1/21/2014
Tooooooooooo looooooooooooooong!
Lilac chapter 5 . 11/7/2013
Why? This was my favorite story. If you wanted to get paid why put it for free in the first place? It is like giving us a puppy, we fall in love with the puppy, then you cruelly take the puppy away from us. Cruel. Well there is tapestry of deciet part 2 but do I need to save that or it won't be sold for $$? Sigh off to find other stories.
Ldg chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Sorry, just saw you will be publishing it. Great! But will I be able to buy it here in Belgium? Please let me know asap?
Ldg chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Noooooooooo! Where did it go. Why am I only able to see 5 chapters?! Please put the story back! It's my favourite. Please!?
Guest chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
It's well written, far above most others I have read
Guest chapter 44 . 8/31/2013
I loved this fanfic so much!
AlexiaAhra chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
I have been reading this and I must say it's fantastic so far. I really relate they way you write to how Leroux himself wrote.
bensara91513 chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
Wow! I am just beginning this story. Love it so far! Poor Erik and Christine. Such a rough wedding night. I would imagine after that it could only get better.