Reviews for in protest of this peace
AstraInclinant010 chapter 1 . 4/7/2021
beautiful writing
Hechu chapter 1 . 10/16/2020
I really love this fic and I was wondering if I could create a podfic for it? If you're unfamiliar with the term it is when you make a recording of yourself reading a fanfic (basically the fannish equivalent of an audiobook).

You can reach me here, on tumblr as Hechu, via email at larahechu at gmail or on twitter at hechulara.
cristina rosales chapter 1 . 9/16/2017
this is so human. so real and candid and plausible that it could happen. it's so real. fuck. this is amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2017
I know you've basically abandoned your account, but on the off chance that you do read this - I'm a huge fan of your works. Not this this piece, but almost every other that I've read from your account. You are an amazing writer with the capacity to write multiple, perfectly crafted genres, your characterisations are amazing, and I'm in awe at your ability to come up with so many original plots. I've chosen this piece to review because this is the first story I read of yours, and also one of the first fanfics I've ever read. Even back then, it was so hard to find a good fanfiction, and it was definitely this piece that inspired me to keep trudging through the thousands of fanfics in search of good quality, well written works. More than self-indulgent pulling out of characters and overpowering them or completely changing their personalities and inherent qualities to suit the author's taste, this has a message - it's got a deeper meaning than nonsensical rambling. You've described human natures so terrifyingly well in just a few short words, and I can only bow down to your talent. Thank you for the time you spent on this site; for the works you've written and shared, and for the laughs and tears all your words have given us readers!
kopycat101 chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
This was incredibly powerful! I like how you showed the progression of the Games, the decay of the Districts, and the changes they went through to be as they are in the present-time during the books
courtknees chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
The last few lines brought tears to my eyes. This was wonderfully done.
punkprongs chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
this is beautifully written and makes sense with the Capitol's brutal history. well done!

- ep
sora kazega chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Magnificent, that is exactly as I see them, the games, evolving over time. From revulsion, to desperation, to blind hope, to weary acceptance and a burning hate that will eventually spark the second revolution. That is the road that Panem walks, has walked; chose to walk. Only they walked in a circle without realizing it.

Yes, this is definitely a favorite of mine.
stars-inthe-sky chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Holy shit, that was fantastic and just the right amount of creepy. Really crawled under my skin. And the Cicero quote at the end is perfect.
lazor chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
ooh! re-reading this and it's just as awesome as i remember. the eleven districts in shame and the damn pregnant girls really gets me. this is wonderful.
truces chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This is brilliant. I came here from Pineapple Fetish's fic, inspired by this, and this is truly amazing. I loved the bit about how people stopped naming their sons Victor. All the Interludes were my favorite part.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
jesus, this is haunting. thought-provoking. intense. thank you for writing it. it's one of those works that'll stay with me.

signing off,
CrazyAce

p.s. fave lines:
"An unjust peace is better than a just war." - Cicero.

Maybe, maybe not.

- because they really packed a punch, even more so than all the other ones, which is saying something.
robbstarkswoman chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This is fantastic.
I love it, especially how there were the changes to people's perceptions and treatment of the Games.
Fabulous, well done.
liza chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
love this! it's such an interesting thought - what was this like in the beginning? it must have been something like this. there's now way it would begin with the same resignation that is shown in the books. the progression through the years was really interesting, watching the rebellion adjust until the first intentional kill and yikes. so damn many pregnant girls. i loved that bit.
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
This is so brilliant; so realistic. Wow, I am in awe. Truly one of the best Hunger Games fics I've ever read.