Reviews for Torn and Frayed
michelle.patchett.96 chapter 6 . 7/25
Excellent story! Really love your writing.
lucacat4 chapter 6 . 9/25/2014
Gorgeous.
MonkeY.n chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Somehow,
Director-Ackles chapter 6 . 8/25/2013
God I loved this story, it made so emotional, just made me flashback to the times of season four, the times when dean and Sam were hardly Dean&Sam, i loved how you justified Sam's reasoning for his actions, although he did get lost after a while he started it all to avenge dean. So thanks for an amazing story
Sierra Nichole chapter 6 . 10/2/2012
This was SO good... I've always felt really cheated out of Dean's PTSD storyline from Season 4, they never explored it as well as they should have, but you certainly took it to another level! Excellent read, thank you!
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Just reread this yesterday and, wow, do you have Sam's POV down exactly right! You write his internal conflict brilliantly!

Are you still watching the show?
rrstarlight chapter 6 . 4/3/2012
I'm really new to the world of fanficiton, it's a new concept for me, but I discovered it since becoming a fan of Supernatural. I've been sampling different authors but haven't reviewed anything yet. I must say your story here is the first to make me want to offer my opinion. This story was so good, the characters were fully fleshed out, the details were so beleivable and enhanced the story. I've marked your page and plan on reading all the rest of the stories very soon. I noticed you haven't posted in a year. I hope you plan on keeping up with it or at least have gone on to something know you gave me a great deal of pleasure in reading this and I know I will be pleased with what else you've written.
T.L. Arens chapter 6 . 10/23/2011
Such a good, well-told story! It's works like this that fill in gaps and perspectives you can't get from TV. I love the honesty presented here; you didn't try to fix Sam's problem, but confronted it and dealt with his inner conflict. I LOVED how you wrote Dean. He's still emotionally crawling out of Hell and can't piece himself back together. They just brushed his time in Hell under the carpet or stuffed it in alcoholism, which I thought was unfair to the character. If there were no words Dean could use to describe his time in Hell, then how was it that he's able to get over it so easily?

It just goes to show that TV has its advantages and disappointments. Supernatural is a good series, but there's so much to tell and the writers just can't tell it all in 40 minutes. :(

So with that, Ontara, thank you for writing such a good story.
HBKDEANRKO chapter 6 . 9/27/2011
SO FAR I HAVE READ TWO OF YOU STORIES AND I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED. YOU HAVE THE BROTHERLY LOVE SO CORRECT. YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE YOU HAVE THE TOUCH!
slystir chapter 6 . 9/19/2011
Hey there Ontara

Just gave your story "Torn and Frayed" a read. It was a really nicely done story. I enjoyed the "second appendicitis" and also the "not hunts" they went on. I always imagine that between episodes there are hunts that turn out to be either boring or non-existent. Thanks for writing one.

I was pleased to read the story and to get another's perspective on Sam's self talk during this period on the show when Dean was so obviously suffering and Sam so obviously was angry with Dean for no real good reason.

A really good read. Thanks so much for posting.

On a grammatical note, don't take the corrections that Microsoft Word gives you at first glance. In the sixth and I think the fourth chapters you changed forms in the middle of a sentence, but as the rest of the story is so well edited, I can't imagine you not quirking your head at it. Seriously, if Microsoft says that something is wrong, but it sounds right, it just might be. LOL

e.g. "The strain of the coughs almost bends him in half" must be

plural: "coughs bend"

or

singular: "cough bends"

Grateful for your talent.

Sly
Thienhartt chapter 6 . 9/17/2011
What a beautiful story. You put the words very nicely. Great work! Thanks for sharing this story
T.L. Arens chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
This story is so compelling and so well written and so intense, that I am going to share it on my facebook page. It's a gem and I'm so very, very glad you took the time to write it and the courage to share it. Thank you, Ontara, thank you sooo much for this wonderful story!
T.L. Arens chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
If I were a fish, this would have been the BEST BAIT I'd ever taste! I could not stop reading it! I hung onto every single word, waiting and hoping and cringing and I felt SO badly for Dean! I've read a number of stories where the writer attempts to describe what Dean suffered, but many of them fell pretty dang short. The body doesn't remember pain and as a writer myself, I find it frustrating to describe something with words that can't be felt by the reader. Here, the hands, ripping and tearing, came pretty close. I clearly envisioned the demons-as black smoke-engulfed Dean and tore him to pieces with fingers and claws. I did, however, feel the heat Dean suffered (apparently from fever)

Wow... you gave me chills here!

I enjoyed reading the situation through Dean's eyes. He's always been fearful of being alone and that he did find himself like that intensified his despondancy.-beautifully written.

The siren really messed with his head. I painfully remember that episode. Sam said some pretty mean stuff, but I dont' think he meant it. How could anyone discount Dean's trip in Hell?

The strongest point made in Supernatural is that there seems to be a curse on those who hunt down things of the preternatural follow a dark and cursed path. And there's no turning back. That's certainly the case in Dean's and Sam's lives. 0.o.

Oooh! there's more to come, isn't there? :D
Lbdba chapter 6 . 7/19/2011
As always, anything I read of yours is excellent. Its great when people go deeper into the episodes since with a series there is not enough time or money to maybe do more of what most people would like to see. Which is probably why I'm so addicted to reading fan fiction.

Thanks!

Corina
borgmama1of5 chapter 6 . 7/3/2011
I feel the need to explain why I took so long to comment!

I don't do well with WIP because I lose the thread of the story. And when an author I really, really love writes one, I bookmark and wait until it's all done, then devour it in one sitting. I had some time today, and looking at my bookmarks decided to check if this was finished-and was delighted to find it was, and sat and read and guh!

You are one of the top writers of what is going on in a Winchesters' head!

Everything you had Sam think or say was not only in perfect character with the way the show presented him in this season, but it expanded his POV in a way that was completely believable!

And Dean-his flashback to Hell and then waking in the motel to no Sam-absolutely, indelibly showing how broken he was and yet still fighting!

You gutted me with the authentic pain of what has happened to their relationship.

I don't think I have words to say how this affected me!

Please, please keep writing! You have an incredible grasp of these characters and I want to read more from you!