Reviews for What Are Little Girls Made Of? Alternate ending
Elessar1201 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I LOVE stories that show us what happened after the episode ended! I think you're right that the machine would have been salvaged. But I like the look into Christine's character even more. Because seriously, she was probably all prepared to have a very special reunion with Roger...*shudder*. What I always wonder, though, is how she was dealing with her search for Roger while having growing feelings for Spock. But I think this is probably a good start for her-seeing that this machine is not Roger, nor any kind of human at all, so she can finally accept Roger's long-ago death and move on. This was a beautiful missing moment, thank you!
bookdragon01 chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Really, really well done. Beautiful succinct piece with a lot in it.
T'Lu chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Very nice. I've had conversations with my brother, who is the assistant chief of police here, about different people needing different things in order to cope with a violent act done to someone they love.

Some people definitely don't want to see or know any of the details about what happened. Others need to know *everything* about it in order to come to grips with it. These latter people are those who are inherently logical and are able to step outside of emotional concerns to consider things objectively.

I'm not surprised to see you put Christine into this category. After all, we've seen her put her emotions aside to do her job (usually, anyway) and she has an advanced degree in bio-research. Well done!
KarraCaz chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
What if she'd slept with him? A thought to ponder in the early hours that's for sure! My mind leaps to a fully functioning/functionable Data in TNG! If Roger had not been violent and intent on killing James Kirk, if he had acted like the Korby Christine knew...would she have had the same qualms? Maybe that's another story. Yours, as you can see, has set me, at least, a philosophical riddle. Nicely written. Well done.
Aconitum-Napellus chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
This is excellent - poignant and succinct, and I love the last line.I don't have any criticisms :-)