Reviews for Defying Gravity
lizook chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Loooook! Look at me reviewing ;)

Oh Kat this was perfect! Just happy and fun and *freeing*

""It happens to everyone," was his undaunted response. "You were humming, I heard you humming. I caught you, fair and square.""

LOL! This is so Booth, to use the childlike excuse to get what he wants.

"That was, in the end, her defense. She had to sing as a process by which to temporarily relieve the cacophony of lyrics banging around in her head, so that she could focus on her very important work. Science was at stake, here."

And this is entirely Brennan! From trying to logic out a reason to not wanting to put science in Jeopardy. Just wonderful.

YAY for "Alone" shout out! :)

"I was wondering where you'd gone," he said slowly, face threatening to be torn in half by the unrepressed grin that stole his features. "Now I guess I know!"

Ahh I can totally see it, him trying to tamper down the smirk... The image had me grinning so much I though *my* face would burst :D

""So, you know the chorus to Sweet Caroline?"" Awwww, so cute, but damn it, now I'm going to be humming that song all night! *shakes fist*

Such a great shot, K, thanks for sharing it! :)
mendenbar chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Did you know that your "earworms" were called "Pepsies" back in the late '50s '60s? So called because of the then popular Pepsi commercial that had a half beat at the end which caused your mind to cycle back to the beginning of the song. Every other line ended with a half beat as will that dragged you kicking and screaming into the next couplet, and the next and the next ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Would have liked to see their faces when the elevator opened!
AllyrienDM chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Oh, I felt TOTALLY mortified on her behald. Every once in a while someone will come to the door of my room and catch me singing before they knock... dreadful. And you really can't help yourself.
3 fries short of a happy meal chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I have to ask...did it work? Love the story!
Robert Modean chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
You know this is at once one of the funniest, sweetest, and oddest stories I've read in a while - thank you. I needed this, especially the way this season has gone, something just flat out fun like this is what we've been missing for a while. Thanks again!
20 | « Prev Page 1 2