Reviews for Poker, Chocolate, and Definitely No Fronds
WeirdLittleStories chapter 5 . 5/29/2015
I love the analogy with the grandmother. :-)
bleachdreamer0 chapter 6 . 7/9/2013
Nice.
Yingxs chapter 5 . 7/1/2013
Criticism? I dont even know what that is anymore,but surely it cant have anything to do with your story,because all I can think of is, wow and awesome. :-D
Spock's Bride chapter 2 . 3/20/2013
Love awkward Kirk XD
BasilMacVae chapter 6 . 11/19/2011
I love how confused Kirk is by everything that is happening. I hope you plan on continuing this; it may not have been intended to be a full-fledged story, but it's shaping up quite nicely. Ciao~

(PS: dominant Spock has made my day. Just throwing that out there)
KariSilver chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
The intro was a bit choppy but that ending was perfect :)
Kornfuchs chapter 6 . 7/4/2011
I really like this story! :D
TotallyCaptivated chapter 6 . 4/23/2011
i love how their relationship is developing into a warmer type one that it was at the beginning of this fic. can't wait for the next chapter.
MarillaT'Pel chapter 6 . 4/22/2011
I'm thrilled you got two new chapters up so fast. I'm also embarrased that I forgot to review the last one. You've got them talking about their feelings, that's good. I'm not sure if I could settle for 'I consider you a friend and I like having sex with you' as an explaination of what someone feels for me, but I guess it's not so strange that they're both a little confused about their emotions. All I'm really hoping for is some kind of happy ending.

And that whole fever situation, is that going to be a problem for the crew of the Enterprise?

I hope you update again soon!
LornieChan chapter 6 . 4/22/2011
Wonderful as always!

Will there be anymore after this?
Aldora89 chapter 5 . 4/21/2011
I thought I recognized your name when you reviewed my fic, so I stalked your account! I totally remember reading the first part of this awhile ago, thinking it was just a oneshot. I enjoyed it, but like a bad person, I didn't comment! So since it's close to your birthday, and you like constructive criticism, I will write an overly long comment for you!

First off - if you feel like being ultra-canon pedantic, Vulcans are normally cooler than humans (and I don't blame you because I've ignored this too sometimes). McCoy actually calls Spock's blood "green ice water" at some point in TOS, so that's the only reason I point it out. Although we can always assume certain activities heat them up...

"Did you see the chap sitting opposite?"

This threw me when I read it, because across the pond we never say 'chap'! Something like 'the fellow sitting across from me' would be more appropriate for Kirk's American dialect. We don't do 'trousers' either - it's 'pants,' as ridiculous as that probably sounds to you guys!

Also, I don't know how I feel about Spock smiling like a human. I mean, Spock does smile quite a bit, but it's a really subtle, Vulcan-ish smile that doesn't involve his mouth, you know? But I can understand if you feel like an emotional moment/mood justifies it (I mean, it justifies the sex well enough!).

"My. Fucking. Name."

This entire paragraph is so hot I just can't even. I never imagined someone could pull of Spock swearing, but damn if you don't make it work! Also, the "damned human" part - it was like, "oh hello, kink I didn't know I had..."

McCoy sighed, and lowered his blue eyes, saying in a resigned tone, "You used to tell me everything, Jim,"

Awww, poor Bones! Come rest your head on my bosom! XD

"...the human equivalent of being forced to describe every detail of your most hideous sexual fantasy with your grandmother."

This is such a great metaphor for Vulcan awkwardness about emotion! It's easy to trivialize their discomfort because it's kind of hard to understand, but this is a great way to make the reader get it.

Anyway, as a whole your Kirk voice is very good. A lot of his flirtatious lines sound exactly like him, and it can be tricky to nail down that special tone. McCoy is also spot-on: I loved the "depends whether you mean medically, morally or psychologically" line. I like how you didn't make him freak out about the situation - I don't think he's given enough credit for being a professional in some fics.

So... umm... I liked it, and keep writing! :D
jessica499499 chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
I can't wait for another update! The whole plot is awesome! The fevers an intresting twist too!
DammitJim chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
Soooo cute! Love this fic! Happy belated birthday :)
003chan chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
Hey, this was not at all a boring update! Much on the contrary. I think there can be much plot to gain from the fever situation.

I usually don't read K/S, but this one is pretty good. Please keep it going. (Additional points for insightful Bones.)

And belatedly happy birthday to you :D