Reviews for Avatar: The Last Kryptonian
BYoshi1993 chapter 50 . 6/5
You made this story for the people and the people appreciate it. As per your usual, your stories are spot on. They are well thought out with great characterizations based on the events in your story. The grammar is on point and I didn't see any of my pet peeves. I wish you had a bit more of a wrap up for this story, but I am willing to read a sequel. Looking forward to reading more from you.
RPG247 chapter 50 . 3/1
Started reading this story ages ago, but only just finished.¶

The best thing I can say about it is that it seems like a genuine Superman plot.¶

Unfortunately, that's also the worst thing about it: contrivances left and right to add tension to an otherwise insanely overpowered character. I half-hoped that bending would be equated to a form of magic, and Kal El would therefore not be completely impervious to it.¶

In earlier chapters, the author's notes kept explaining reasoning for why the plot and characters would be different than their canon counterparts. As a result, I expected this to be a story grounded in reasonable cause-and-effect and character development.¶

Instead, the overall plot follows the Avatar beats so closely that adding Kal El seems mostly superficial. Anytime something or other comes up about Kryptonite or Kal El, the result always resembles the Avatar plot point in a way that almost seems lazy because a new character was added, but the overall plot is nearly the same.¶

I realize it's not exactly the same, but there are definitely times when the situation had to be completely contrived to reset the plot to the Avatar point.¶

The part that really bothered me was when Zuko joins Azula and returns to the Fire Nation. Zuko should have been far mor conflicted, and maybe should have rejected her; on top of his canon closeness to his uncle, he is earlier characterized as being closer to Kal El than Azula, and it's strongly suggested in the show that he was closer to his mother than father.¶

That too, Ursa just kind of drops off the map when she should have been a major game-changer for Zuko. Even if not, the only really notable thing I remember is during the Northern Water Tribe arc, and half of that was replacing Katara for the fight to teach the women combat water bending.¶

Ultimately, I believe too much was hurled into the Avatar universe — and with too much force — for the lasting impact to be so negligible.
Croc117 chapter 15 . 7/30/2015
Okay I have huge problem with this chapter. Ursa fighting and beating Pakku feels like a shoe horned in attempted to amke Ursa a much more formidable person she ever was. For one we know she isn't a fire bender, but that's forgivable if that's how you wanted to take the story. But he beating Pakku, in his own element, is ridiculious. He literally would have every advantage in terms of terrain.

Then their was her freezing Pakku in place. Even if she was a fire bender, this is a ridiculous ability for her to have. Fire bender's control fire and master's can pull the heat out of extremely hot substances, but their power is specifically in terms of high temperature, there is no way a fire bender could freeze water. At best they could cool boiling water, but water will remain liquid even when cold so long as it remain above 32 degrees. Anything below the normal temperature of a human body a fire bender would never be able to manipulate to lower temperature because they manipulate their own body temperature to generate heat. Their is no way she could freeze water because her whole power set is based on the control of extremely high temperature, she could do it with magma, but something like water, never, fire bender do not have the ability to cause temperatures to drop, they can raise them and in certain situation, redirect high levels of heat, but is fairly foolish to have them have the ability to freeze water.

The "Ice is just water with out heat" comment is a poor explanation. Water can can be cold enough cause severe hypothermia when still liquid, it has no heat then either. Just because it's in a liquid form doesn't me it actually has any heat in it, it just isn't so cold it's frozen, it's state of matter doesn't denote it's temperature properties. Some substances are cold even when in gas form, and some cane be searing hot in solid forms. So "Ice is just water with out heat" is not only a poor explanation, it's not truly purely technically correct. while ice does indeed have no heat,water in it's liquid state can also lack heat, and still be horribly cold.

What's more, Pakku, a water bending master, would never be contained by ice, he can manipulate it better than she ever could and free himself

Frankly this whole chapter is rather ridiculous.
Max chapter 21 . 7/10/2015
Be the night. Be the Bumi.
ThatGuy brother of OtherGuy chapter 15 . 6/3/2015
Pally losing is bull shit.

One of, if not THE, best Water Master at the time lost in a city full of water? So much BS.
Steve chapter 50 . 5/6/2015
It Is the best story that you have made
Joe-El chapter 50 . 3/13/2015
Awesome story! Are you still doing the sequel and is Superman still in it? I know in some stories Superman is immortal under a yellow sun. Would he be immortal in your story, or just age much slower?
darck ben chapter 50 . 2/12/2015
great story
SSTR87 chapter 50 . 12/25/2014
Wow is all that I can say! This story was amazing, completed and well written. You really outdid yourself in this. I look forward to reading more from you.
Guest chapter 50 . 4/6/2014
Great blend of both universes
Guillo1988 chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I LOVED IT SO MUUCCCH!
disappointed though that you left Suki and the Kyoshi warriors out. I was hoping that Suki be the Lois Lane of this story... seriously Toph is awesome and all BUT she IS underage. SHOULD HAVE CHOSEN SUKI! shes to cool to be left out like that. still GREAT story!
Guillo1988 chapter 27 . 2/1/2014
FREAKING AWESOMMEE!
Guest chapter 47 . 9/25/2013
"can i come?" awsome
Guest chapter 41 . 9/25/2013
there are as muchntypes of kryptonite as there is colors on a rainbow, black divide good from evil, silver make him paranoic, pink, turn him to a spoiled kid litteraly, blue, turn him into a normal human, yellow make him lose control ovver his powers and make them mo strong, and from there on
Guest chapter 39 . 9/25/2013
and it wouldnt make sense an story of Superman without Luthor:-)