Reviews for Old Soldiers Never Die
Poet Wroet chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
I liked it - that they remained friends despite their differences.

In fact, their manners reminded me a little of how I was with my psychiatrist about a year ago. I was suicidal, convinced I would be dead soon, and because of that - that there was an end in sight - I felt happier than I had for years. He had me sectioned (had a judge force me into the psych ward when I didn't want to). I couldn't blame him. It was just the way things were. I was there to die and he was there to stop me.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Superb!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
A response to some of Dumbledore's favorite (horribly irritating) sayings, and a look into his character. *claps*
TharzZzDunN chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Classic scene, nice work.

Cheers!
Sean Mulligan chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
A great short fic and a study of the two characters.
Astalitha chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
An interesting and accurate look at two very complicated characters. I really enjoyed the dialogue. The tone and pace of the interaction really made this fic. I liked your take on Grindlewald. I'm not sure if I agree that he regreted his actions as early as his downfall, I think it happened some time after - though it would makes sense, as you pointed out - Albus shouldn't have been able to defeat the elder wand.

I think the begining was a little exposition heavy. You obviously took time to set the scene - the mood was great - but I think it could still be improved. I would have liked a little more movement at the begining - a closer look at Albus's actions and impressions of Nurmengard which leads him to think of it's history - tying thoughts and exposition into movement and action. Your fic really came into it's own during the dialog where there was less exposition and I was left to deduce the characters intentions myself.

Thanks for your story - I really enjoyed it :D
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
This story is very interesting and well written.