Reviews for The Leap Home
ApritelloForever chapter 9 . 3/18/2019
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! I loved every bit of this! This was amazing! Thank you so much for writing this!
red2013 chapter 9 . 5/18/2013
great story.

red
daboss76088 chapter 9 . 1/19/2013
you did so well! i really loved it. please dont' ever stop writing!
TheLeaperOfPellinor chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
Does that question mark mean there's going to be more? *hopeful face* Awesome fic!
TheLeaperOfPellinor chapter 8 . 10/15/2012
I'm sorry about your illness and I hope you get better. Your writing's awesome and well worth the wait!
TheLeaperOfPellinor chapter 5 . 10/15/2012
Me while reading the end of this chapter: dang!... shoot, no that sucks!... Ziggy!...
The very end: WHAT THE... OH MY GOSH... long string of curses to rival Al's! DISTRESS SIGNAL! VERY DISTRESSED SIGNAL!
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 9/11/2011
Good.
Lorraine Anderson chapter 8 . 6/18/2011
I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Please know I'll be thinking about you, and don't worry about the story!
shadowquark chapter 8 . 6/15/2011
Great chapter loved it. I liked how Donna might not be there depending what Sam does in a leap, wow never thought about it before. Good job!
Rhov chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
I can tell either you or someone close to you has epilepsy. Your details are spot on! It's a sad fact that people still discriminate against people with problems like epilepsy. Average people don't know enough about how to handle a seizure episode, and many are terrified at the prospect of witnessing one.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy my freshman year of high school after three years of strange "blanking out" episodes. My little sister also has epilepsy; it runs in the family. I felt I was fortunate: mine was "only" absence seizure, not tonic clonic like my sister. However, because I would apparently "space out" or begin talking strangely, walking without seeming to know where I was going, or do random things (touching my face, clenching fists, etc) and not remember anything, many of my teachers thought I was on drugs. They had a mindset that ALL seizures involve convulsions, and since I was not falling over and shaking, I must be lying about having epilepsy. I had to prove I was drug-free every few months because the school received so many complaints from my teachers.

Not only teachers, but my classmates were convinced I was not dealing with a neurological issue, but taking heavy drugs and "stoning out" in class. Some classmates even began to harass me to know who my "dealer" was. Having to carry around a purse chock full of prescription medications didn't help my image as a drug-addict. To this day, my best friend teasingly calls me "Stoney." She knew what i was dealing with, saw the seizures, and knew I had never even smoked a cigarette in my life, let alone rolling joints. She just thought it was funny as hell that the one student in school NOT smoking and drinking had a false-reputation as a major pothead.

Ten years after being diagnosed, my absence seizures "mutated" into many different types, tonic clonic included. It's a struggle to get people to understand that I am not suddenly going to die on them, I am not crippled, I am not mentally impaired, and for the most part I can still do normal things. Maybe not EVERYTHING a normal person can, true, but... well, let's just say finding a job when you have epilepsy is a real challenge. I'm out of work because even with two sets of meds, my seizures are not under control. Because a single tonic clonic seizure can affect my cognitive abilities for 3 days, no employer is willing to work with that, yet the State is unwilling to consider me "disabled." I have no health insurance or job... luckily, my husband manages to care for me.

It's a real challenge, something that doesn't go away, has no cure, and medications can't always fix it. These are issues you have skillfully portrayed with Sam getting frustrated over the unfair treatment shown to Michael. This chapter really touched me on a personal level. I can't express how happy I feel to have someone out there showing these issues in writing.

Bravo!
Rhov chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Just started reading this. Chapter one... Verbena saying "oh boy"... wow, what a great twist. Off to read more!
emenemdj chapter 7 . 6/7/2011
Thank you for posting this as it has been very much enjoyed, however, don't just tease us with only the start of this wonderful story. Please come back and finish it soon! I have read it straight through and really would like to know the rest. Your writing is engaging and I am surprised that it is the only story you have posted. More! More!
James Birdsong chapter 7 . 5/25/2011
Well written
TopQuark chapter 7 . 5/17/2011
great work loved it
Lorraine Anderson chapter 5 . 3/9/2011
Hey, this looks great so far - if there were still QL fanzines around, I would have encouraged you to finish and send it along. Ah, well. Hope you get a chance to finish it.