Reviews for Fallen Angel
a-mild-looking-sky chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This was very powerful and touching. Your descriptions were so vivid and the sense of your character came across so well. I really enjoyed reading this. It is a subject that I'm fascinated in and you showed it wonderfully, being informative about the battle while also showing great emotion in it too.
mille libri chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Beautifully written - not overblown, but simple and direct and highly effective.
civilwarrose chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Very dramatic scene of how he felt as he was being shot- it felt like a bee sting, falling, the sight before his eyes and imagining Anne. So tragic and powerful- loved this!
musicismyhero chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
This was an absolutly an amazing story. I loved the book and even did a report on it in my american history class a few years ago. I'm hoping to watch the movie soon because my dad said it was good.
emeralda363 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
This one-shot was very wel written!
Southern Steel chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
That was awesome! I loved it! You did an excellent job of capturing the emotions of that terrible day. And I absolutly love who you made his Cause be his sweetheart. It bugs me to death when people basically ignore that aspect of the War and say it was all over slavery when most were fighting for their homeland and for their wives and sweethearts. I absolutly loved this story! Awesome, awesome, awesome job! :D
Guardian Kitch chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I am one of histories greatest lovers. To me history is perhaps one of the most important things man can ever hope to fully understand, for as the saying goes, we who do not learn from history are forever doomed to repeat it.

In particular my specialties are American History during World War II and, of course, the American Civil War, and as such I am an avid fan of the series made by Gods & Generals, The Killer Angels (Gettysburg), and the Last Full Measure.

Your story, Fallen Angel, while ficticious, strikes a chord with me, and it is definitly one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. While short and to the point it tells what must be an accurate reason for why so many men fought for the Confederacy, turning against the country their fathers and grandfathers fought to build. Thank you for writing this story, my friend, and I do hope to see more from you on this subject in the future.
Lula1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I liked this very much. Vivid display of details... it was if you were walking alongside them into battle. I've always loved studying Civil War history and Gettysburg and Vicksburg have always been my favorite battles. General Armistead is my all-time favorite historical figure... that mans life was fit for a novel, for sure.

I'd like to see more... do you have any other stories?

Lula