Reviews for Return to Me
KJaneway115 chapter 3 . 3/1/2012
I liked this one. Especially the moment where B'Elanna silently tells Chakotay that the Captain needs him, the friendship between Harry and B'Elanna ("I'll believe for you") and this: "...looked into her eyes and told her "I love you" without ever opening his mouth." Lovely glimpse into Year of Hell.
StoryWeaver56 chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
Harry: "Then I'll believe for you." Love it. All of it, I just liked that a lot. :] Nice ending. I could feel their pain, hope, sorrow, everything. Well written, as usual! Great job! :)
StoryWeaver56 chapter 2 . 4/1/2011
Oh poor Tom! I love the flashback to when Tom was helping B'Elanna when she was hurt and how he just ignored the Doctor. Good detail in...everything!
StoryWeaver56 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Wow I think I'm in love with Tom now just by the way you write him.

A tear for B'Elanna I'm so sad for her!

Good job so far, reading more now.
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
This was really great! I think you should definitely do more emotional substance if this is the kind of product it'll create. There was a nice tension in this chapter as you jumped back and forth between the characters. Your use of Harry within the narrative really worked too. He was a good emotional anchor for B'Elanna and also for the reader too.

The way you ended it makes me wonder if they really did have any mental remnants of that year. I'm sure B'Elanna wouldn't be the only one to feel that temporal echo. But I love how you have her reacting-annoyed with herself for her impulsiveness but also affirmed. I think this was a realistic glimpse into what could have been during that time for both Tom and B'Elanna.
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 3/12/2011
You balanced the tone in this chapter nicely. Tom's anger and frustration is clear but then it gives way to his feelings of love and longing for B'Elanna. It's a lovely contrast and seems very appropriate for where they are in this stage of their relationship. And your use of him marking the time seems like the right choice for this episode too.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Lovely as usual. You do vulnerable B'Elanna so well. And the descriptions were so vivid to the scene too. I'm glad you were able to capture a moment like this and put it to words.
Alpha Flyer chapter 3 . 3/11/2011
Beautiful story, full of emotional truths about an aspect of YOH the writers completely overlooked. Loved the changes in POV. Too bad that the "Krenim reset button" had to deprive both Tom and B'Elanna of their earned reunion- but of course that is exactly the frustration we all felt at the end of the episode, when all the prior anguish and heroism were just ... erased. Nicely done!
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was a really nice story! We usually don't think about B'Elanna's point of view, but she didn't even know if they were dead or alive. This really showed that she wasn't just worried about keeping the ship running. Thanks for writing!