Reviews for He Has Your Smile
More plise
judybear236 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Oh Please post it soon?

Inquiring minds want to know!

- JB
Judith chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Interesting plot... But I wonder, with all Erik's finances, why weren't they mounted? Why on foot? A small carriage or a cart would have been nicer. And some luggage? And the effrontery of Jacque snub Erik like that!

- JB
Haru Kinome chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
(I'm /worlds/ of sorry that this is so late D: I have an excuse, but in the end, that's all it is - an excuse. m(_ _)m Gomen nasai; I'm really really sorry.)

Good: I'm sure this is a completely inappropriate reaction, but this fic kinda makes me wanna cry :( Even though it's supposed to be the beginning of something, it feels more like an extended ending that has been dragged out for far too long, and there's a strong sense of weariness and hopelessness, as well as the aching need for closure that will never come. It is the understated aftermath of LND and an echo of all of the emotional strain and havoc that that musical wrecks on its characters, and a reflection of the never-ending cycle that denies Erik and Raoul the small relief of escaping Christine and the tragic love triangle that ensnared them all. I am impressed, though, given your considerable talents, not surprised that you discerned the chronic unhappiness that would surely follow in LND's wake, and even more in awe at the incredible way you expressed it. I love how even after everything, Erik and Raoul still can't have happy endings. Raoul's new life almost seems a little surreal: he's living in a quiet little village surrounded by grassy hills and fields of wildflowers with a new family, but despite the picturesque scene, he's only burying his past in denial and faking his happy ending, and the facade too easily nearly crumbles beyond repair at the reappearance of Erik and Gustave. Erik is flat out denied any kind of closure, because he has a living, breathing, talking reminder constantly by his side. And inevitably, Erik and Raoul gravitate back to each other, and their encounter only serves as yet another reminder of the bonds of the past that are tying them down. Christine has died, and therefore so has their rivalry, but they don't know how else to coexist without it, and it's just so... in character that they fall back into arguing and how all of their insults are half-hearted and quickly dissipate. Their interaction exemplifies the fact that, although time has passed and some things have changed, essentially, neither of them have made much progress moving on from the events on Coney Island. And it's heartbreaking to think that, despite all of the history they have and how heavily they influenced each other's lives, Raoul never knew Erik's name before the final moments of this fic. They're both so damn tired of being stuck in an endless loop, and that feeling resonates throughout the entirety of your prose and infected me with a similar despondency, so I can't help but think of this fic as sad. A beautifully written sad, but still sad.

Um, there's not really a place for this in that jumbled mess of wtf up there, so I'll just say it here: I love how /real/ Erik's relationship with Gustave is. You did an amazing job of balancing it: it definitely isn't the idealistic, fairy tale bond they share in LND; instead, they're both a little wary of each other, but they still have that instinctive parent/child attachment. And I like that Gustave wanted to find Raoul, too; it effectively negates all of the 'Raoul is the worst father in the universe' stuff LND was trying so hard to push, so of course I'm pleased with that little plot point (um, Gustave's desire to look, not Gustave himself :3).

I'm also completely smitten with your description of how Raoul changes over time, from his world view to his appearance to his title. And I really love how in this fic, he's simply /Raoul/ and nothing more.

So thank you very much for writing this fic _ It's angsty and a little devastating, but it's a start, and it promises that things will get better for Erik and Raoul. And, of course, I'm really happy that I got to read a bit of your interpretation of how they would cope post-LND, even if it is a oneshot.

Misc: This isn't necessarily bad (so I'm not labeling it as such), but I have to admit I'm a little irked by the inclusion of the OCs, especially because it's quite obvious that they would play very significant roles if this fic were to be expanded, and I'm not very fond of that technique. But mostly, I think I'm annoyed because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that, because your writing is so damn amazing, you would have no trouble at all convincing me that Jacquelyn and Jacques are so much more than plot-furthering insert characters and that they /deserve/ to be in this story. You've even taken a tiny step in the right direction in this fic, because I adore the way Jacquelyn is characterized, not through lengthy, unnecessary descriptions, but through her actions. She's sweet and friendly (evidenced by how she greets Erik and Gustave), yet spirited and stubborn (judging from how she argues with Raoul), and maybe a little spoiled ("Erik wondered if she had stamped her foot with that demand..."). I can't say that I like her, but I know that you could definitely make me like her.
tophis1 chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Even when it isn't slash I can't resist reading your stories. It's very good.
minlin chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I don't think Raoul seems cold, just sad. I haven't seen 'Love Never Dies' but I know the basic outline of the plot.

Frankly I feel sorriest for Gustave.
re-harakhti chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
It was really interesting to read a non slash story of yours but still find it equally enjoyable and well written. The interaction between the characters was very telling of their shared pasts and former (or perhaps still lingering) dislike for each other.

I've never read a fic with Gustave in before, yet you make him a sympathic and easy to like kid, which is very impressive - most fics which feature kids of the main characters always insist on making them very loud and hyperactive, I haven't seen LND (and never will) so I suppose he's based on a cannon characterisation.

Looking forward to see if you write more about these two post-LND. It would also be cool to find out more about the twins.
Emilx311 chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Wow, not exactly what you normally write but interesting. the back story would have been nice, but i can kind of imagine the reasons. other then that great job as always :)