Reviews for The Butler
As I Pondered chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Wow. That was both haunting and appropriate. That was a fantastic way to twist "The Raven"! I'm not usually one for poetry either, but this had me glued. :D
Chaotic Memory chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
That was a fantasic version of "The Raven" !

It flowed and sounded beautiful (I read it aloud)
PBnSpots chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Oh my god I didn't think it was possible. This fic is amazing. Most definitely. I love poetry and it's been a while since I've read a good one on fanfiction. Great job as always!
AnimeROL chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
OMG! This was so amazing! Absolutely amazing! I offically love this! XD

Very well done!
BloodyXXRose chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Very well written- I was captivated the moment I read the first stanza. The writing flows very nicely, and it corresponds with the actual poem excellently!
Drowning in Ice chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Wow. I'll be honest, I was doubtful about reading this poem since a lot of fics that allude "The Raven" end up pretty lame. But after that first stanza, I was hooked. The diction is flawless; it tells a story while remaining descriptive. Your manipulation of tone is to be envied. And the one thing I was worried most about - the meter - is excellent and remains true to the original poem. Anyone with a well-functioning brain (though that's not everybody, sadly) can tell you spent a lot of time and effort to retell "The Raven" in this poem. And that deserves acknowledgment and admiration.
Madi-chan desu chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Oh! I LOVE THIS! It sounded exactly like the Raven (Its my favorite poem)
ElTRk Barbarella chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Oh My God you are awesome!

Just, you are awesome definitely my favorite kuroshitsuji fan fiction writer.

I used to stalk you at your live journal, after you put on the friend lock I thought it would be enough to keep up reading your fics in , yeah, these days I realized how much I missed your posts, now with the whole earthquake/tsunami, can you please friend back a user name laura_elric? It is a ghost account but I promise I will write tons of reviews!
Gingerbread Owl chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
That was genius. The last stanza was simply wonderful; so beautiful and horrible and perfect.
sapphire-kitsune chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Lovely fic!

(Not to be off-topic, but I've heard about the devastation in Japan, and as your livejournal has disappeared...I was wondering if you're ok.) Just a concerned, quiet lurker-fan-

-G
yuushigure chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
As a fan of both you and Edgar Allan Poe, I must say that this fic has truly won my heart. I like it, I love it. This is amazing and lovely, beautiful in its own dark and twisted way. Thank you for giving us the chance to read this wonderful work of yours, this fic made my day :)

Oh, and I'm sorry for asking here, but I've heard about the tsunami in Japan, and thus I immediately remember that you're there, so I hope you're alright? Please take care, after all, me and a lot of my friends are a big fan of your works :)

all the best,

shii.
skele-gro chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
this is amazing! you have taken poe's poem and made it your own. he would be so proud. xD
crow-of-murders chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I love it! This is two of my favorite works combined, and I think you did an excellent job!
iLingLing chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
FFFF- SO AWESOME.

I read all of the "Yes, my lord,"s in dubbed Sebas's voice and I NEARLY CREAMED MYSELF.

FINALLY, another English Sebas lover c:

Anyways, I've always loved Poe's work, and whenever i see a 'based on such and such poem' it always ends up being a suckfest of copypasta'd words replaced with character's names.

But this.

This was based on that poem, but not copied word for word. It had it's own meaning, it's own message, and it's own word and sentence structure. Or something. I'm not sure if I'm making too much sense lololol

I love all of your works for the fact that all of them have a deeper meaning behind them besides a basic 'this then that then cupcakes for all YAY YAY YAY', and most of them have a certain way of being hot as hell without being 'this then this then this happened then they came' sort of thing. Not to mention the way you write Sebas and Ciel's relationship always makes me squeal at the sexual tension and the love-hate-ness of it all.

I'm not even talking about this story in particular anymore. This is about all your stories.

And GODAMMIT I am but jealous.

I can't even write lololol

Your ever loyal fan,

Lingy

*・゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゚・*
TreasuredNightmare chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
ohmygoth. this was amazing! i love this so much, such a beautiful parody on The Raven. great job!
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »