Reviews for The Butler
sapphire-kitsune chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Lovely fic!

(Not to be off-topic, but I've heard about the devastation in Japan, and as your livejournal has disappeared...I was wondering if you're ok.) Just a concerned, quiet lurker-fan-

-G
yuushigure chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
As a fan of both you and Edgar Allan Poe, I must say that this fic has truly won my heart. I like it, I love it. This is amazing and lovely, beautiful in its own dark and twisted way. Thank you for giving us the chance to read this wonderful work of yours, this fic made my day :)

Oh, and I'm sorry for asking here, but I've heard about the tsunami in Japan, and thus I immediately remember that you're there, so I hope you're alright? Please take care, after all, me and a lot of my friends are a big fan of your works :)

all the best,

shii.
skele-gro chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
this is amazing! you have taken poe's poem and made it your own. he would be so proud. xD
crow-of-murders chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I love it! This is two of my favorite works combined, and I think you did an excellent job!
iLingLing chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
FFFF- SO AWESOME.

I read all of the "Yes, my lord,"s in dubbed Sebas's voice and I NEARLY CREAMED MYSELF.

FINALLY, another English Sebas lover c:

Anyways, I've always loved Poe's work, and whenever i see a 'based on such and such poem' it always ends up being a suckfest of copypasta'd words replaced with character's names.

But this.

This was based on that poem, but not copied word for word. It had it's own meaning, it's own message, and it's own word and sentence structure. Or something. I'm not sure if I'm making too much sense lololol

I love all of your works for the fact that all of them have a deeper meaning behind them besides a basic 'this then that then cupcakes for all YAY YAY YAY', and most of them have a certain way of being hot as hell without being 'this then this then this happened then they came' sort of thing. Not to mention the way you write Sebas and Ciel's relationship always makes me squeal at the sexual tension and the love-hate-ness of it all.

I'm not even talking about this story in particular anymore. This is about all your stories.

And GODAMMIT I am but jealous.

I can't even write lololol

Your ever loyal fan,

Lingy

*・゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゚・*
TreasuredNightmare chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
ohmygoth. this was amazing! i love this so much, such a beautiful parody on The Raven. great job!
InsertSmartPenNameHere chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
So I started reading this fic thinking, "I don't really know this poem all that well, but this could be interesting..." and I finished it thinking "ZOMFG THIS IS MADE OF SO MUCH WIN." Everything just sort of... clicks, you know? Well, of course you know, you're the one who wrote it :P

I've actually been a fan of yours for quite a while, but I couldn't summon up the courage to write a review for one of your fics until now. Because you, my dear friend, have a way with words that I can't even begin to describe, let alone (someday) achieve.

But look at that, I'm blabbing again. Wonderful piece of work, and please don't ever stop writing! :)
Songbird Sanctuary chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I'm not going to lie, that was straight out the most amazing thing I've read in MONTHS. The way that if flows so well and rhymes so smoothly is just perfection. I can't even decide which version I like better now. Really, really good job ;u;
Shadow On The Full Moon chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
nice!
AyameMaaka chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
clever clever :3
AcornWarrior chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Always do I feel such sorrow, when more time I do not borrow

To compose a good critique so full of worship instead of bore,

But when I've gleaned all that is writ, only one thing can I emit:

Admiration that leaves me feeling like a whore-turned-toy-

So much talent, you possess; my words make me a whore-turned toy;

So I write this and nothing more.
Hobbitstown chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
WOW, just love this. Only recently discovered the Black Butler and am into everything regarding it.
LovelyWickedDescet chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I am not a fan of the Raven's but I thought this was really good. A nice little piece for Kuroshitsuji (exculliding your dedication note).. I think it is a bit better than the original, and plus it flowed a bit better.

Though I hate the fact that you dedicated this to possible the worst VA for Sebastian in the world. 'shakes head' Tantum's voice (I don't know whether your death or just to fan up to actual pay attention) but his voice is possible the worst choice for Sebastian's.

In fact his voice sounds so nazal, and it makes Sebastian sound WAY older than he looks.. Plus it is dull to where I think he is a living corpse. But if there is anyone worse it is Brina.. her voice for Ciel is just.. 'blah'.. I can't even think of the words to fit on how bad it was... I have to praise Yana for her help in picking the original voices.. because if she was there.. the cruddy dub wouldn't have ended up so bad.

But enough about that, this is mostly for the re-write.

You know for something dedicated to Sebastian (excluding cruddy Tantum)it is mostly about Ciel. I think this should be dedicated to Ciel, because this has no real relation to Sebastian despite it talking about him. More like Ciel centric.

But if anything it should really be dedicated to Egar Allen Poe and Yana Toboso for their amazing jobs, and not to someone who suchs in acting..

There were a few faults where certain words didn't fit in the ryme, but it worked to get the message across. Just becareful upon the rythem..

You know what.. I'm just going to stop right there, your little note just ticks me off and I just want to continue making corrections on that, and it upsets me and ruins what little inspiration for Kuroshitsuji I got back watching that dreadful thing. So really that note just messed me up big time.. I'm sorry. I would have given a better review, but that offending note to Sebastian just.. I go now.
Li the Twilight Knight chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Wow... This only took you two hours? It's absolutely incredible. I swear I think I like this better than the actual poem. Amazing job, Moony. _
wicca2star11 chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
This was amazing! I love the raven and Kuroshitsuji, and having them both together..3!
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3