Reviews for The Parlourmaid
Morpheus Dream Maker chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I must say that it was an amusing little one shot. It truly had me wondering how the actress had avoided the reporter all along until the reveal. I truly agree about not disapproving of what the young woman did especially with how very unlikable the reporter was portrayed. Good story and I would hope you do some more Miss Marple fanfics in the future.
voodooqueen126 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
that is so brilliant.
Grencle chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Go, Miss Marple, go! :-D I really like this story! I can really see Miss Marple sitting in her drawing room, embarassing the reporter wittily. And the reporter! What an unpleasant man! I'm not at all surprised the young actress drugged him just to get rid of him.

Would you consider writing more Miss Marple stories? I really like the way you portray her.
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Very funny. Love it.
Tea for Lupin chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
A nice little vignette, very Christie-ish! Thank you!
laurose chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
You do have a fine touch with Christie's character and tones. Here, too, your very good oc fits right in. Miss Marple's summation of Raymond's play is an extra treat.
Cassandra Chalice chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
This very nice pastiche of the dear old lady had me grinning at several points, and particularly the ending. Frightening indeed! :) Good work.
Loveguard chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Whoa, I really like this story and how you depict Miss Marple...A favorite story? I think so!
Dancing Petals chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Now this was utterly delightful! :) Again, it was predictable, but I assume that it would only be so for die-hard Christie folk who can scent a suspicious character a mile away, thanks to the Grand Dame's training, lol! The character of the reporter was fabulously depicted, as was little Miss China-blue-eyes. Lovely!
Planet Bob chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Very Christiean to bring up the invisible maid trick, and a dose of Raymond always does again, with the dropped aitches! Huzzah for references.

Good choice of the external narrator, avoids having to imitate that particular precision of a Marple story.

And is it just me, or is the play a weird version of Kind Hearts and Coronets? [grin]
Brightbear chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Hello,

Only just got around to reading this story. It's good. I love your Miss Marple's amusement and the slowness with which the reporter catches up. Very enjoyable! I also love the way Miss Marple is knitting through the whole thing.