Reviews for Home
gwyn chapter 2 . 4/4/2011
How fun! And how about some more Ned stories? Always love those.
Gemini Explorer chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
I liked the second chapter, too! Just a bit curious about the metal arrowhead that broke off in the wound. Bronze is relatively fragile, as is copper. A point might break, if it hit her shoulder bone. I was guessing that the point was flint or obsidian.

You left open questions about Phoebe, who just left, too soon.

And you didn't address how Finn felt after meeting her twin! That must have been a shocker for both! I imagine that they'll want to get better acquainted, and Finn must be enormously curious about Ned, of whom she'd only heard.

I know that you were pressed for time and apparently not too interested in delving deeply into how Ned's returning with Phoebe might affect the Treehouse relationships.

But you write well, spell better than most fic writers, and told an interesting tale. I really enjoyed the story.

Gemini Explorer
TowandaBR chapter 2 . 3/30/2011
Although it was a small chapter, I really liked the story. N&V are my favorites and it's not easy to find good stories about them. I liked the way Ned returned, I liked his realationship with Phoebe and everybody helping (specially Marguerite) to cure Veronica. The end of the story was very cute. Thank you for writing it.
TowandaBR chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I like the chapter and it seems that is going to be a great story. Please, don't take too long to post the next chapter.
Gemini Explorer chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
This is one of the best TLW fics that I've seen in a long time.

First, thanks for including Finn, one of my favorites!

The bit about the yarrow was interesting; I'll look up its properties.

I'd like to know how Phoebe is dressed. As an Amazon still? The description of the arrows and spear was puzzling. Do you mean that a spear was slung or in a carrier pouch alongside a quiver of arrows? When Roxton put on his rifle to carry it, he simply slung it. The leather strap on the rifle is a sling.

I never saw a shotgun on the show, although they may have had guns not seen in the episodes. Probably would have, especially after saving them from other, perished expeditions. Challenger and Malone used double-barrelled rifles. I think George said that his was a .450 Nitro Express. Ask me if you need details. (I'm a firearms enthusiast and writer.)

You did well in describing how Vee dislocated her shoulder. I wrote a fic where she was tied so that she couldn't get her hands in front, something that I figured that she'd try. But for your purpose, this worked, and gave added dimension to the story. Ditto the broken arrow tip still in her. Clever!

The real flaw here is that Phoebe was said to have borne Ned's child, and Finn was supposed to be Ned's great, great grandaughter. Where's the baby, and I doubt that Ned and Phoebe would be just brother and sister-like.

I can't wait to see Finn and Phoebe meet. (I wrote a fic where that happened, but that board is now dead.)

I think a lot of Veronica. Take care of her, and get her and Ned together. Please let Finn and Phoebe be like sisters.

Good call on Marg. as a surgeon, although I'd think George would be as good. (I just had Marg. stitch a wound in another story, as I think she'd be the best seamstress.)

Don't leave us hanging. This is well thought-out, other than Phoebe's child leading to Finn, as per the executive writers. Did Phoebe leave the child with an aunt?

I LIKE this tale! More!

Gemini Explorer
jag389 chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
good first chapter,cann't wait for more.
Ice Queen chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Not bad at all! Please keep writing. I can't wait to hear what happens next. Good work.