Reviews for Of Fur and Flame Book One: Two Daughters
Myrkin chapter 11 . 3/19/2011
Good chapter. Considering her character in here, I don't think that Mem Samara will be very pleased with Tutsan adopting Letti. Could be wrong though.

It's also nice that Kale finally accepted his sibling.

Sorry for not reviewing this earlier, but better late than never, eh wot? :)
Tegan chapter 13 . 3/18/2011
How cute. The happy family is all safe and sound.

I wonder what Nicara is plotting?

Good chapters so far.
Myrkin chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Vaniska clearly is not the brightest fox in the Mossflower and I doubt that that beating taught his anything. However, you have to admit that he lives up to his nickname. To him, every problem can be solved by fire apparently.

"Vaniska scowled, pacing as he cursed all weasels up and down."

I don't think that Rackam was very pleased with that. I also doubt that his opinion about Vaniska and his leader's skills improved in the slightest. :P
Killy-S chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Amalie, because you haven't logged in I can't send you a note thanking you... So here is me saying thanks

Myrkin- thanks for that video. Who knows maybe I'll use it as inspiration for Tutsan's return home. Announcing it in the officers mess, interrupting the drill sergeant to inform the young rankers, climbing into the badgerlords secret cave to tell the mummified ancient rulers, letting all manner of seavermin know wilst slaying them. Probably not quite like that, but we shall see.
Amalie chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Weeeeell now, Tutsan just took to fatherhood like a fish to water, didn't he? Bet he'll be happy when he comes home to another little one. 3 I love family moments, this is definitely my favorite chapter so far~
Myrkin chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
"Shifting the bundle on her back, she hauled the poor young creature up by the scruff of his neck, scolding the little one fiercely as she pulled him into a tight hug."

I like that bit. She might be rough at that moment (and rightfuly so), but it's because she truly cares about Kale. Let's hope it will make him stop worrying, that he may be not loved anymore by his parents.

I almost expected Tutsan to let the whole world know that he had became father. Like in this video: watch?v6L8b1zPE0-Y&featurechannel_video_title

"See, ladies. I am more then just a handsome face." Tutsan winked.

Where is a Deadpan Snarker when you need one? Tutsan might soon need someone to deflate his ego a bit. :P
Myrkin chapter 8 . 3/13/2011
I was expecting Oranna to be a little more shocked after that revelation.

And if I were Hardan I would give Oranna little responsibilities at the start, so she could smoothly get use to being a ruler. Nobody says she has to rule whole Salamandastron straight away.

As always, good chapter. :)
Amalie chapter 8 . 3/13/2011
Too lazy to log in. Anyway, this was a great chapter, emotional but not overbearing. I'm not one for reviewing every single chapter, but I am following this story of yours. Pretty good so far! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Myrkin chapter 7 . 3/13/2011
I wonder why Tutsan wanted to carry baby so much? I wish we could see what he felt then. I think you could elaborate more on that attachment part.

Now I have my suspicions who is going to adopt little haremaid. ;)

"Right oh, if there are anymore orphans hiding around in these bally woodlands, come out now, wot!"

The sound you hear is me laughing at that sentence. And Brea just learned that young otters can be dangerous, even if you have caught it by his neck (I imagine Brea was holding Kale, since that way the otter was at right height to kick at hare's side). Jess the Squirrel learned that too, although luckily for her she was just tickled. :D

I used this web on Levkin's name and I've got Kelvin.
Redwallfreak108 chapter 6 . 3/12/2011
your story is very good! can't wait to read more! :)
Myrkin chapter 6 . 3/11/2011
Again another good chapter. :)

Just one suggestion: could you emphasize the change of scenes more clearly?
Bubble chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
I like this line.

"Ten or so will be going inland, fanning out as you go, before returning home. I do jolly well hope not to find all ten patrols arriving at Redwall Abbey unannounced. Especially when your patrol is supposed to be heading south, wot. Not that that has ever happened to one of our chaps, has it, Lieutenant Aubrey?"

Will you tell us what happened to Oranna’s dad?

It’s too bad you didn’t write a chapter so we can see when Vaniska attacks the farm.

The chapters are really short but I like how you update alot.
Myrkin chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
Aww... Poor child. At least, there is one beast alive.

I read somewhere that in RL hare children (unlike rabbit kittens) are born with their fur, their eyes open shortly after birth and they start moving around. Therefore, after a few hours (or days) they are quite ready to live on their own. Just an interesting detail. ;)

By the way... This may be a stupid question, but how males in the Redwall series are called? I know that females are called maids, but I don't know (or I simply forgot) how males are called.
Myrkin chapter 4 . 3/10/2011
That's grim, to say the least. Vaniska actually did it? What a bastard. :/
Myrkin chapter 3 . 3/10/2011
Nice chapter. I think that Peony and Tutsan could take turns with raising their child, so nobody would have to give up on patrolling, while the child would spend adequately long time with both parents. :)
47 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »