Reviews for A Simple Twist of Fate
Katie's Peacock's Dreams chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
I have literally spent to past two hours looking for this. This. is. perfect. thank you, thank you for writing it.
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Fabulous story. I loved the richness of the period details and the discussions of the soul. Edward as a Catholic has always made perfect sense to me and I think you handled his struggles beautifully. Thank you for the story and good luck in the contest!
sweetandsaltyff chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Positively gorgeous story! I love the unpacking of theology and the issue of the soul. You highlighted things I'd never considered before, rich insight. Your descriptions are beautiful and come alive to the reader. I felt Edwards anguish so deeply. Thank you for writing and sharing! I'm dying for what happens next, the sweet reward of their union after all that debate and angst :)
thepinktabby chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I love it. loved it. loved it! and i THINK i know who wrote this from your distinctive writing style and usage of characters. I hope i am right and will definitely keep this story in mind when i vote.

good luck in the contest!
TKegl chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Oh, very interesting premise for this one - and very well done! :-)
ChefJayla chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
Pace is the trick chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Beautifully written and probably the best one-shot I have ever read.

"the painting by Monet – an original – that hangs above the bed"

I love it when writers include these little details. It reminds me of the time the first group of Western scholars entered George Kostakis apartment and literally had their minds blown with so many original pieces. I can totally see Carlisle and Aro wandering around the world, collecting Dead Sea Scrolls and such.

I think the best thing about vampires is the fact that they witness the course of history as it unfolds from an enviable longevity.

Carlisle's thesis on belief systems is coherent and cogent. And I loved the element of spirituality in Edward. I'd never thought of him in that light.

Perfect ending! I was inordinately pleased that you chose not to detract from the rest of the story with sex in the alleyway. And that would have been soooo ooc for Carlisle.

OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
This was really well done. It's not too often that we get to see the pain, doubt and self-hatred that must certainly comes with becoming a vampire. Coming to terms with all of those emotions takes time, and I think your take on how things *might* have gone was perfectly believable. Best of luck in the contest!
vampireisthenewblack chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Oh. Oh, wow. This is wonderful. Perfectly wonderful. Fantastic divergence from canon, that single decision of Carlisle's to ensure its just the two of them. Nice conflict there, too, to bring them to this point.

Love it. Can't help hoping it will be continued after the contest, but I know what its like ;) I wont make any demands.

Well done, and thank you so much for sharing.