Reviews for A Mile for the Journey
Anon again chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
So I read the rest & resisted the temptation to quote endlessy.

I count myself as unbelievably lucky that you are the first Kalicia (?) writer I have found. I read a quick one shot, recognised immediately you could write & looked for a multi-parter & arrived here.

And now I am woefully inadequate in expressing how much I enjoyed this. It's just wow. Wow.
A million thank-yous for sharing.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Ok not read rest but had to stop & think here -

'Maybe Kalinda was a revelation. Alicia would never get over envying how easy Kalinda made everything look. Work, fashion, sex. Maybe that was the perk of being the mystery she was; if people didn't know your complications, it was as good as not having any.'

Woah. There's a life lesson for me here, I think...
Sophonisbe chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
Thank you.

I’m not a fan of slash pairings, especially when the characters are straights. But I love the show and it occurred to me, sometimes, in fleeting moments, that there could be something between those two. And now, with the end of season 3… well the possibility was really too much to ignore. So I decided to take a look at ff to see if people with more imagination than me made something of this possibility… and A Mile for the Journey was the longest of the stories out there, that’s probably why I chose to read it first. And, as I said at the beginning, thank you! You stayed in character, you managed to build something plausible without rushing into anything. Now I’ll have to read your other stories, and see what other authors made of this pairing!
kristendotcom chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
God, all your stories are amazing! Would you perhaps ever write a story of their relationship when everyone finds out they are dating? There are so little good A/K stories and I really love how you write them!
ReelAsh chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
Oh if only this would happen for real... :(

Oh well, LOVED this story though! You really captured their personalities!
s.rockhill chapter 6 . 4/30/2012
Wow.

You've done an amazing job of capturing nuance, personalities, possibilities with characters you didn't create. I know some authors, like George Martin and Anne McCaffrey (rest in peace) don't care for fan fiction. Others, like Rowlings and S. Meyer embrace it. I understand both points of view. Especially, when 'changing' a character from straight to gay/lesbian. After all, they 'created' that person in their mind, in one way. But, as I said, you've done a marvelous job of capturing the essence of these individuals. Critique? there are things to edit or shift; but bottom line, amazing. Joy to read.
Quemak chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Great story. You stayed true to the characters. Thanks for writing and sharing.
Maromi-san chapter 6 . 4/12/2012
This is bloody good stuff. I got to the end and felt bereft. Keep up the good work, and angst is always wonderful. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
jazwriter chapter 6 . 3/28/2012
You did a wonderful job of illuminating both women's struggles as they muddled through their romance-including the sex and the emotions attached...Alicia's realization of her feelings, and her pure courage with laying her heart bare to Kalinda, both were filled with that angst, fear, and elation often associated with falling in love. Seeing how they both suffered while apart, and as you had said at one point, how like a moth to a flame they gravitated together, I could well experience their emotions as if I were falling in love, too.

Thanks for the lovely story.
Transylvanian chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
Great story!
Lynxgoddess chapter 6 . 11/18/2011
I really like this story. I've just recently started watching Good Wife, and I'm really struck by the relationship between Kalinda and Alicia. They are kind of perfect for each other. It's a shame that there aren't more stories with them. I'm also glad Alicia got rid of Peter because... she should have driven a knife into his heart, lol. Anyway, great job. Have you ever considered writing a few one-shots to go after this? Like them coming out to the firm or to Alicia or Kalinda's families? I think there would be some interesting reactions.
Apisontlc chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
There are so many things to love that I would need to write an essay, but when my heart literally ACHES while reading, then I know I am way invested in these characters. I love the pace and the realism of this story. I believe it. I'm exhausted and can't put it down...
JustJun chapter 6 . 9/29/2011
I just want to say that this has been a wonderful story to read.

The way in which you've captured the characters of alicia and kalinda, and developed them even further than what we've seen in the show-the way that your plot was so wonderfully simple of a relationship starting up- the way your writing style is so elegant and beautiful has all simply been spectacular.

this work has not deserved even half the praise it deserves, but i believe its because its a small fandom, that will hopefully grow with more works like this emerging.

My thanks to you for providing such a well written story that had me captured from the beginning.
825 chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
Given the way you intimated Kalinda's secrets and the "past marriage" it would not be a stretch to cannon of the Peter incident as how she got out of the marriage. I could see the Peter of that timeline being a opportunist.

It would be interesting to see how your characters handled the bubbling to the surface of that tidbit. Even though the separation in cannon is due Kalinda.

Great story by the way. I like Alicia's fluidity and maturity. Kalinda is a keeper and freaking gorgeous. Thanks.
AstronautZombieBerndi chapter 6 . 8/7/2011
*sighs happily* Brilliant, really. I would adore a follow up one-shot or something, about how Kalinda interacts with Alicia's kids or something, but what you've written is awesome even without :D
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »