Reviews for Wings of Frontier
Dude, you still alive?
Rydan fall chapter 12 . 5/27
So, this story dead, your muse on a vacation or real live being a bitch?
I so hope it aint the first option, that would be a shame.

Shirou can scan, trace, use rune magic, use objects their memories of being used and other things those users had on them and he can do alteration.
The last is the most useful in terms of uses.
It would let him turn charcoal into diamond, a broken glass back into a unbroken glass, a sword that's being forged into a sword out of legends, ect, ect.
Would also let him deal with that flaw in his fighter its frame.
Do suggest he offers some suggestions for upgrades to his new bird, to be done during construction, might even let them find that frame flaw by structural analyze the changes done to the frame.
Like better engines, better control, new weapons and such stuff.
Hell, Shirou might even own a copy of the blueprints of the VF-19 variant that only Earth may own.

If you watch the final attack clip were all those SMS SDFs fire on the Hive-SDF, notice it jumps out just before the shots could connect?
Yes, they made it out alright, save & sound and free of mind.
Do hope you can let Shirou save that SDFN-(04 Gloval?) when that world explodes.
All it needs is a active powerplant and somebody using the emergency control helmet in engineering, in order to control the ship.

Look up the Gundam Seed unit, ZGMF-X11A Regenerate in its mobile armor mode?
Why?
Turn each leg into a SDF main canon beam.
Yes, a four beam reflex canon at max output or two reflex canons on a lower output setting.

But enough of that, when will you have Shirou practicing his magic a bit?
I would fined it strange if in all that time, he never made any improvements, compared to Archer.
I mean, the forging history of several weapons in his marble should give him plenty example of runic uses.
So that in and of its self could be a long term project of his.
Also, you really think Zel is dead?
Think again, I would not be surprised if he and a few other, suddenly appeared again, from the wood work.
Why bunker down, when you can switch dimensions?

As you can see, Shirou has enough options he could follow.
Like trying to make/recreate a runic encyclopedia, but this time a digital one, with a effect calculator added to it.
Recrafting/Reforging some long gone weapons that will give him quite a boost.
Figuring out how to create a subspace pocket, so he can store stuff in it.
Finally, getting some real body armor for protection.
Ahh I miss this story, read it a few times the past couple of years... it's the only decent Frontier FF on the site, and the best out of all the Robotech FF.

Going back to this really gets me hyped for more Frontier fics, but it's a forgotten anime now :\

Just wanted to give an appreciative bump.(first review since using the site in like 2012 too)
The Earthdragon chapter 14 . 3/17
I think I've reread this story a dozen times by now. Please comeback to this amazing fic.
TimothyLim chapter 2 . 1/31
Thanks for the chapter! I hope the focus will stay mostly on Shirou since having an Alto POV would be redundant!
TimothyLim chapter 1 . 1/31
Interesting start, I wonder if Shirou's ageless being has got to do with Avalon. And from snippets of lines seems maybe he resembles Archer/EMIYA, I'm honestly surprised his VF wasn't renamed Archer by himself.

Thanks for the chapter and the hardwork!
guest chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
Too bad it seems that this was abandoned. The author hasn't posted anything since this last update, and its been a year.
CG-3m1y4 chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
I hope this isn't dead yet... one of the most enjoyable F/sn and Macross crossfics to date.
Megaolix chapter 14 . 9/5/2014
Well, a year now since last update. Are you still writing this? I enjoy it despite not knowing anything about Macross.
Kitedtk chapter 14 . 9/3/2014
Where the in the nine bells is the next chapter? I need more. Come on, you gotta give us some more...

Shirou accidentally wooing more girls, maybe even the galactic fairy... Ugh please, Alto never seemed very interesting to me.

Awesome undercover work and a well weaver plot following the original series. Give more please!

Thank you.
imperial90 chapter 14 . 8/14/2014
Ending on a Cliffhanger like this is really mean you know :p. Hope you get back to continuing this story at some point.
chouritsushi chapter 14 . 8/14/2014
I just read all of your fic, and i thoroughly enjoyed it. I really am looking forward to the remainder of the story, and also perhaps just as important, Shirou kicking ass!

I hope it's not dropped! Keep up the good work!
GGFBank chapter 14 . 8/2/2014
wow. You really make shirou fit in macross.
I want to see macronised shirou battle though.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/23/2014
Nice job here. Was quite curious to see if techno thriller writing would be mixed up with Macross Frontier.

Only thing I'd like to see if Catherine would put two and two together and realize that Shirou is someone familiar to her in the past. This would make any future confrontations a sight to see.
Belphegor Asmeroth Ezekial chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Dear Mr Calvo , this is quite the fic you have made here . Its mindboggling how someone can come up with such a concept . Hats off to the wierdest yet best characterized F/SN fanfic !
Good wishes.

Your Mr Ezekial
Reader soon to be writer and believer of the gap ( Bless the Lord ! )