Reviews for Fighting Fate
Sandalaris chapter 14 . 4/4
I like the the paternity of the father is separate from Elena's decision. It's a nice little tidbit to add. She wants to know who the father is so her child, and the biological dad, can know. Just as she wants to date Damon so she can decide if he's worth giving up her comfortable, but not the love of her life, husband/marriage. Gives it this real sense that even if the baby is Stefan's, she may still leave him for Damon when he ultimately turns out to be the better match for her.
Of course, I'm rooting for the baby to be Damon's, but it's still a wonderful little tidbit.
Also, the show has already given us an overly complicated family, with the Isobel and John plus Miranda and Grayson parent thing, and then even with Isobel having been married to Alaric who then started dating Jenna who at one point dated John. And of course Damon having slept with Isobel as well... it's a very complicated family.
Sandalaris chapter 10 . 4/4
Elena developing feelings for Damon while still with and in love with Stefan is very true to canon. As is Damon's desire to both have a good relationship with Stefan and still win Elena away from him (which is highly illogical, but somehow plays out on screen well.) And I'm actually really glad you're keeping it in this story. I love Stefan, and usually prefer my AH/AU Delena's to have Stelena having never happened, but this sort of play out is awesome too.
Sandalaris chapter 5 . 4/4
Normally, I'm firmly in the "cheating is never OK" camp, but I actually don't mind it here. Elena was not only very drunk (which isn't an excuse I usually accept), but she was also broken up with Stefan in her mind. She had left him, gotten drunk and then did a reckless thing. It's not right, but it's not exactly horribly wrong either.
Drunken one-night stands after break ups are common and understandable. Sure, if she'd been sober I think she'd have not gone for it because of the gray area she was in in her relationships (Stefan still thought they were together, even if in her mind she had just left him). And then there's the fact that it's Damon and we all know how Elena feels about Damon. So she's just left her finance, feeling free to be reckless for the first time after six months of feeling smothered and trapped, she's had way too much to drink, and she's met a guy who she has an instant connection with. I can't really be mad at her for cheating. It wasn't right, but it's understandable in a way I don't usually find infidelity.
Livetoreadlovetoread chapter 29 . 1/30
Loved it
irreversibly mesmerized chapter 29 . 9/3/2016
Great story!I loved it!I loved how fate played such an important role, and how everything turned out to be ok for everyone!I can't say I was happy grayson and miranda died,and since they were alive for most of the story, I was hoping they would make it!neverheless I loved everything on this story!good job and thank you!
Guest chapter 24 . 2/13/2016
Elena is cheating whore
Guest chapter 29 . 4/8/2015
Wonderful story, great ending. The only thing that would have made it better for me, would have been if there daughter wasn't named after Katherine. All in all great job, keep writing theses great stories! :)
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 29 . 3/18/2014
awww, I loved the ending. Cute and fluffy, tehe!
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 27 . 3/18/2014
I do not like the "Katherine" part, but.. Well, it's your story, and since she didn't have a place in this story, it's okay :p
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 13 . 3/18/2014
Okay, now I can slow down a bit and write a review, ahaha :P sorry, I got pretty caught up in it...
I love this. This is really not anything I had expected! Not at all! As any other Delena fan, the Stelena scenes are killing me, but it's alright you need to start somewhere to get somewhere, right?
I love that Elena is this bold, and goes after what she wants. It's great. And I love that Damon is onto the idea as well.
It's cute small scenes between them, and they're building up their relationship slowly. YOu have a great pace, and everything seems really real. I love it!
AlwaysElisabethian chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Hmmm, very interesting start. I like it :p can't wait to read more. Am still hoping this is a D/E story, but it's okay to start off with Stefan and Elena :p
Guest chapter 2 . 3/13/2014
Not done this either...wow...talk about messed up! If you want out you should finish one before you start another! I can see this is going to be really messed up. (Our Elena on TVD can't ever make a decision either " I don't know how I feel" made me crazy while that was going on ). Thank heavens were way past that now! Also, no condom is scary...she should be on birth control though, especially if she's about to get married
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Intriguing beginning...not been in this situation,..have def been in situations where I didn't want to date/see them again but not a happy love affair then marriage proposal feeling scared...no...so she's not ready to get married or as i suspect...she's got the wrong man!(since this is a Delena story,! ;) I'm going with that choice!
Ninaandianforever chapter 29 . 11/16/2013
One of the best stories ever. That was seriously amazing. Jeez
sharpie78 chapter 29 . 11/10/2013
GReat story! I enjoyed every minute of it.