Reviews for Pity
LaLizi chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Very sweet and so in character!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
This scene would have been a perfect addition to episode three. I often wonder if Anna ever did find out about John's leg brace, and this is better than anything that I've ever imagined! I liked John's initial brusqueness at being disturbed, and Anna's sassy retort - although I like to think of them as being harmonious, it's nice to see other layers too. I also liked the way that you contrasted their conflicting views about problem solving. You have a way with dialogue that makes it flow beautifully and push things forward without the need for description. And John opening up to Anna about what he'd done was truly lovely. It's nice to see that he trusted her enough to simply tell her everything, and that Anna just admired him for trying. I also liked the subtle undertones of Anna's love for John, especially with the line "He certainly needed something, but she kept that thought to herself." It was also nice to see the connection with the first episode with the idea of pity, and the way that Anna dispersed that. That last paragraph was absolutely perfect.
Brette O'Connell chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
What a perfect story! This would have been a wonderful addition to the episode.

You kept the characters true, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending line for the scene between Anna and Mr. Bates!

Perhaps Julian Fellowes should employ you to write other scenes for him! "Downton Abbey" fans would certainly approve.

I eagerly await your next story.
MrsGaryOldman chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
You're a fabulous writer, and I could totally picture that as a deleted scene (that shouldn't be deleted! LOL!) Your characterisations are perfect, and I think my fave moment was your 'He certainly needed something, but she kept that thought to herself.' ;-)
Miss Puppet chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
And thus Mr Bates was duly sorted out!

*grin* Wonderful fic!

When I watched the episode I couldnt help but feeling he was somewhat drowning himself in self-pity. You nicely set the record straight!
MsRawkeye chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Nice story :)
JoySPC chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I love this! You have captured their voices perfectly.
kflo814 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Love it. This feels like a real scene from the program. "I feel many things for you, Mr. Bates ..." Love the last line!
Novindalf chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Gosh, this is wonderful )
augrah chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wonderful! I love your ease of conversation.
welshirishhybrid chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Lovely story. Wonderful dialogue, I can picture the characters saying these lines. How about continuing?
SyfyRomantic chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
This is so sweet. Thank you for posting for whomever wrote it!
TheShippyQueen chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
That made a nice change to the usual love-fest we see. I must say at the start I was a little unsure but now I see it for what it is - realistic.

I thought it was very well written, I could hear the character'd voices through the words.

All in all - I liked it! :D x
MinervaLorraine chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Lovely! I'll be glad when Anna smacks his dumb face and makes it better with a kiss, haha. Spot on characterizations, and in such an underused location! Can't wait for more from you!
PrettyDarkEyes chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Loved it! This could almost be a deleted scene on the DVD!

The dialogue was very much in keeping with their characters and personalities.